Vault of the Khan-Ur/Grothmar Meta reward structure is horrid and needs severe improvement.

meri.9187

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So still no visage boxes showing up on the tp makes me reconsider my thinking on this a little . . .

If the visage boxes are not tradable, and their drop rate is as low as it currently appears to be -- both still big ifs at this point -- then this would be a cause for concern. I still don't think it's a big deal for anet to make extremely rare rng items that aren't tradable, but if they've included them in a collection that is among those that counts towards the story meta cheeve, then clearly someone at anet either wasn't paying attn or two different groups at anet weren't communicating effectively . . .

The immediate effect to players is nbd, just one ap that nobody is ever going to get, but the fact that the situation exists bodes ill for the future . . .

The bottom level reward definitely needs to be upped considering the time investment. 1 yellow unidentified gear piece for 2 hours. Once I'm done with the achievements on this map and bought the items from the map currency vendor that I want I'm done with this map and will likely never come back, no reason to.

@Gop.8713 said:if they've included them in a collection that is among those that counts towards the story meta cheeve, then clearly someone at anet either wasn't paying attn or two different groups at anet weren't communicating effectively . . .There are 69 (non-hidden) achievements that count towards the meta achievement, with only 54 needed to finish it. No need to do that particular one, just check out the others available for one that suits you better.

Correction: actually, if the infusion is on the Trading Post, it means somebody has already found one and sold it on the Trading Post. Think back to the Festive Confetti Infusion--the Trading Post went days dry of the infusion. Then someone on Reddit sold it on there for 10 grand, and it popped up.

Other than that... it's a shame the meta-event lacks sustainable rewards.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:if they've included them in a collection that is among those that counts towards the story meta cheeve, then clearly someone at anet either wasn't paying attn or two different groups at anet weren't communicating effectively . . .There are 69 (non-hidden) achievements that count towards the meta achievement, with only 54 needed to finish it. No need to do that particular one, just check out the others available for one that suits you better.

Precisely. But apparently the person who was responsible for including this collection among those sixty-nine -- assuming the conditions listed in the portion of that post you did not quote are true -- was either unaware of the extreme unlikelihood of it ever being completed or didn't care. Either situation would be alarming to me . . .

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Correction: actually, if the infusion is on the Trading Post, it means somebody has already found one and sold it on the Trading Post. Think back to the Festive Confetti Infusion--the Trading Post went days dry of the infusion. Then someone on Reddit sold it on there for 10 grand, and it popped up.

Other than that... it's a shame the meta-event lacks sustainable rewards.

So still a reasonable chance that the visage boxes are tradable then . . ?

EDIT: Crisis potentially averted, visage boxes are tradable. Now we just have to see how rare they are over time. If they are rare enough that they continue to cost hundreds or thousands of gold over time, I'd still say there was a problem . . .

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Ryukai.6524 said:Considering the events take about 10 mins each, they could easily make it so that it's 15 mins apart for each part rather than 30 mins, 1 hour for the meta is a lot more reasonable than 2 hours. If 15 mins is pushing it on overlaping then 20 mins is also good, as that STILL cuts 40 mins off of the waiting around :P because 40 mins playtime with 1 HOUR of Standing Around! is ridiculous for a meta.

It's not 1 meta it's 4. You know when they start, You do one then swap maps do anything go back. You can even show up at song 3 or end of ooze get full credit and key. And you can buy the keys also. No reason to wait around at all

It's a 5 'part' meta, you need to successfully complete all 4 parts to access the final 5th part, aka the vault chamber.

@perilisk.1874 said:Let the map dailies and map completion give reward track progress. And show it in place of the XP bar when there is no mastery track selected, as a motivational thing -- no one cares when they're going to get their 10,000th spirit shard, but if the track rewards are decent, it might be worth watching.Like... if PvP'ers/WvW'ers can have what PvE'ers can with relatively little effort, why we can't have the same?

Personally, I despise PvP. I heard the PvP community is extremely toxic and once, while using Obsidian Sanctum as a shortcut to Lion's Arch, I've got horrified by the language used by them. Still, Reward Tracks are the only way to get Gift of Battle. I know most of you don't care about stuff that requires this, but I'm just 6 months old in this game and I would like to have Gen I Legendaries and I can't (physically) or won't (morally).

I feel like the entire map is backwards in design. The collection reward a skin that is easy to obtain elsewhere either from directly buying it or doing the wvw or spvp reward tracks. The helmet box is locked behind a rare drop in a rng chest that require 4 meta event keys to open. The shoulder can only be gotten by a rare drop from sttike, but that isnt that bad because spendinh 15 mins a day for 3 rolls is not that bad. Unfortunately unlike real raid, there is no currency to allow you yo buy if you are unlucky. At lesst you can obtain 3 of the 4 weapons by nonrng methods of wvw/spvp reward tracks or doing 15 dailies.The helms really need another acquisition method, even if it is some ridiculous as 1k hatch peppers and 100g.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I’ve seen how the metas scale with a low population of players and they’re quite doable. Granted, months from now, your best chance at doing them will be during the first couple meta cycles after reset but that’s the case with a lot of metas.

I tried to do Effigy twice yesterday evening (PT zone). It failed both times. We did not have enough DPS to kill Effigy within the time limit.

@Stormcrow.7513 said:I wont bother to open the chest anymore after doing the 4 metas..it just isnt worth it. I really loved the events but it was so unrewarding opening that chest....

And that is what a lot of players are going to start to think.. this is just really poorly thought through imo.When enough players begin to take this route, even the price of the keys will drop as they are essentially a path to more garbage.Seems with every update over last 12+ months has something inherent to it that ruins the fun and thus its replay value unless your the type of player that likes endless grind for a chance to win at a game of chance at the end... just terrabad, which is a crying shame and take the shine off what has essentially been a good start to the IBS.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I’ve seen how the metas scale with a low population of players and they’re quite doable. Granted, months from now, your best chance at doing them will be during the first couple meta cycles after reset but that’s the case with a lot of metas.

I tried to do Effigy twice yesterday evening (PT zone). It failed both times. We did not have enough DPS to kill Effigy within the time limit.

Did it with fewer than ten players last night, wasn't difficult. I'm not saying it can't fail or that I doubt your experience, just that success with small numbers isn't difficult . . .

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

It fails because people don't work together during the torch phase and waste time. It also fails if people abandon the Effigy to kill the champs.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Thank you OP for making this post. It explains a lot.

I’ve only opened one set of Meta reward chests. I didn’t pay attention to what I got right then but I checked my inventory a bit later and I actually thought I didn’t get anything from the chests, that those chests were bugged, because all I had in my inventory was the usual stuff from killing mobs, etc. It’s good to know that selling the keys for the few silver they’ll bring is worth more than using them myself. lol.

Maybe ANet should use map tokens such as the peppers for meta chest rewards and put what is currently available by drops on a vendor. Make the items purchasable with the map tokens. Because this current rewards is sad.

I always get a chili pepper as one of the rewards from the chests for the events, and multiple for the meta events, so those are included as a reward.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

The real problem with that one is that people are dumb and either try to solo run the torch from brazier to brazier, or you have selfish sob's who want to get their pass the torch achievement done NOW rather than over the course of 10 events they need to do anyway, so they spam thrown torches right on top of the torch spawn so nobody can do 2nd leg of the relay. The timer does not reset once the effigy is active, so if you take up too much time on the relay race you're hosed.

@Devildoc.6721 said:

The real problem with that one is that people are dumb and either try to solo run the torch from brazier to brazier, or you have selfish sob's who want to get their pass the torch achievement done NOW rather than over the course of 10 events they need to do anyway, so they spam thrown torches right on top of the torch spawn so nobody can do 2nd leg of the relay. The timer does not reset once the effigy is active, so if you take up too much time on the relay race you're hosed.

If your torch gets lit before you'd like you can just put it out with skill 3 . . .

EDIT: and back on topic there are now TWO efficiency accounts that have unlocked one of the three skins. Still too early to tell but it is looking increasingly like this collection was poorly considered . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

If your torch gets lit before you'd like you can just put it out with skill 3 . . .

EDIT: and back on topic there are now TWO efficiency accounts that have unlocked one of the three skins. Still too early to tell but it is looking increasingly like this collection was poorly considered . . .still have the buff that prevents you from lighting torches for 15s

@Devildoc.6721 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

EDIT: and back on topic there are now TWO efficiency accounts that have unlocked one of the three skins. Still too early to tell but it is looking increasingly like this collection was poorly considered . . .still have the buff that prevents you from lighting torches for 15s

That more of a minor annoyance than an actual inconvenience. You still have to run up to where you want to be and wait for someone to drop a torch so you can light yours. You may have to wait a few seconds after that for the debuff to wear off but it's not going to keep the event from progressing . . .