Hmmmkay

Auburner.6945

@"Auburner.6945" said:LWMH2AI.jpg

Full minstrel + durability tempest btw... btw... btw... I heard it only hits for 7k vs glassy targets btw btw I was tanky and under SM's buff as well btw btw so how can I counter play this if I can only see the thief when dead btw btw, shouldn't it be 7k tho btw btw.

:trollface:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:have runes of durability, he wont be able to kill youEdit: also if you are tempest, use stone heart, then no matter what he does he can't kill you at all

Stone heart requires you to camp earth as much as possible. I wish it would also provides half immunity in other attunements.

I think we all secretly wish this...but we all know it would be sooo broken op...lol

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:have runes of durability, he wont be able to kill youEdit: also if you are tempest, use stone heart, then no matter what he does he can't kill you at all

Stone heart requires you to camp earth as much as possible. I wish it would also provides half immunity in other attunements.

I think we all secretly wish this...but we all know it would be sooo broken op...lol

I am not so sure. Using earth already seriously cripple your abilities, one of the reason it is the least used trait line.

I oppose to nerfing stealth i know i normally play other classes but for pvp where i played thief the most, its one of the reset abilities and they need it to escape. It is also is their only way to get rid of condis is through stealth.

It was bad in the past but i don't agree with over nerfing it, besides there are already counters hint hint reveal.

@Axl.8924 said:I oppose to nerfing stealth i know i normally play other classes but for pvp where i played thief the most, its one of the reset abilities and they need it to escape. It is also is their only way to get rid of condis is through stealth.

It was bad in the past but i don't agree with over nerfing it, besides there are already counters hint hint reveal.

Is there a way to apply revealed as an ele?

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I oppose to nerfing stealth i know i normally play other classes but for pvp where i played thief the most, its one of the reset abilities and they need it to escape. It is also is their only way to get rid of condis is through stealth.

Is there a way to apply revealed as an ele?

according to GW2 wiki everyone but ele has reveal.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

• 1 month later...

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Gamble.4580 said:Nice backstab! Bet he gave up allot to get them numbers

doesnt help you when you are dead.

Thief and Mesmer is utterly broken. There would be a very easy fix, but anet refuses to implement it: remove stealth from the game. OR: no damage while in stealth/coming out of stealth.

Is there a single thread where someone doesn't want mesmer nerfs? What does it have to do with the post?

@Edge.8724 said:

Meh, classical lack of balance. What to say more?

Agreed, it's so blindingly obvious that's its a poor niave design that offers a skill that = '1 shot if your opponent doesn't see your attack or does not evade.' poor gameplay pure and simple.

Ties this with stealth and its beyond sense, amateur or pve focused with lack of foresight.

@Axl.8924 said:I oppose to nerfing stealth i know i normally play other classes but for pvp where i played thief the most, its one of the reset abilities and they need it to escape. It is also is their only way to get rid of condis is through stealth.

so? why should thief even have a 'Reset ability' at all? why should they 'need to escape'? Other classes can't - and thief already has so many dodges and OP attacks, those two things are something it simply does not deserve.

@Engal.6359 said:

@Gamble.4580 said:Nice backstab! Bet he gave up allot to get them numbers

doesnt help you when you are dead.

Thief and Mesmer is utterly broken. There would be a very easy fix, but anet refuses to implement it: remove stealth from the game. OR: no damage while in stealth/coming out of stealth.

Is there a single thread where someone doesn't want mesmer nerfs? What does it have to do with the post?

it was about stealth and attack out of stealth. There is a simple solution. It would hit the two most OP stealth abusing oneshot classes. It would not hurt anyone else. Remove stealth.

so? why should thief even have a 'Reset ability' at all? why should they 'need to escape'? Other classes can't - and thief already has so many dodges and OP attacks, those two things are something it simply does not deserve.

Because they are squishy and its their way of dealing with damage unless you want to give infinite amount of invulns. I also reject the idea that a class should stand and die without any way to escape. Also this is false as ele has ways to deal with damage such as mist mode to escape and stuff to gain cc resistance and mesmers also can invis and escape or what about holosmiths? it fits more for thieves because unlike holo their whole mechanic is about going in stealth. The thief mechanic revolves around escaping jumping back in and escaping when things get hot. Also see above me about the post where I said literally most classes have some form of reveal.

One of the tricks to dealing with thieves is knowing when to reveal and when because they will do often hit and run tactics and try and escape to evade you to cc them because at least core thief is vulnerable outside of stealth daredevil will use that boost to run away to get ccs off of him so if you got a group pressure him and prevent him from running away in a hit and run and he is dead meat, if its a daredevil cc him after he boosts have a durable class with good mobility and ccs cc him and attack like dragonhunter or something. Also reapers can be scary for a thief in melee range so that might be a option warriors are good too.

Not sure how good mesmers are anymore in spvp since all the nerfs.