Anet if you remove 50% damage reduction from shroud.

Morde.3158

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:what are you talking about?

We've been thinking about death magic for a long time already and seen that the traitline wasn't up to work for the necromancer's defence. We've decided to make the defensive aspect of the shroud less awkward opening way for specializing in defense.

Soul comprehension is now replaced by lich's mantle. Lich's mantle: reduce all damage by 50% while in shroud.Shroud no longer naturally mitigate damage by 50%, you need to to take Death magic for that.Putrid defense now reduce damage taken by 1% per different condition on the attacker.Armored shroud now also grant 90 point of toughness while out of shroud.

@Morde.3158 said:

We've been thinking about death magic for a long time already and seen that the traitline wasn't up to work for the necromancer's defence. We've decided to make the defensive aspect of the shroud less awkward opening way for specializing in defense.

Soul comprehension is now replaced by lich's mantle. Lich's mantle: reduce all damage by 50% while in shroud.Shroud no longer naturally mitigate damage by 50%, you need to to take Death magic for that.Putrid defense now reduce damage taken by 1% per different condition on the attacker.Armored shroud now also grant 90 point of toughness while out of shroud.

link to where this is said.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I got it from another post lol

@Morde.3158 said:

So they haven't actually said this is going to happen?

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

They said they are going to rework death magic for sure im not sure where Dadnir.5038 got it from but I can trust him

@Morde.3158 said:

I'm just stepping to say that it was what I expected to be the worse to happen. I am not a developper and I do not know in anyway what the dev will do with death magic. In fact dev always surprise me with unexpected change that are far worse than what I tend to imagine.

But do not fear, ANet's devs like to keep bad design in game so the shroud will most likely not lose it's 50% damage reduction, desert shroud won't gain the 50% damage reduction and the design of the shroud will still continue to be shackle (among others) preventing the necromancer to be competitive in PvE.

@Morde.3158 said:

They said they are going to rework death magic for sure im not sure where Dadnir.5038 got it from but I can trust him

Dadnir simply stated his expectation. This was not said by the devs.

I'd even say that it's my worst expectations. If you look at the list there is:

• harming the profession as a whole for no net gain (the shroud thingy)
  • harming a trait base efficiency for the sake of potential (putrid defense)
  • meaningless "buff" (armored shroud)
  • not adressing the real issues (amongst them, numerous minion traits when minions aren't even part of the special mechanism of the necromancer)

This is just common ANet behavior in balance. What they announced they will do to the shade mechanism is the perfect example of such behavior.

That said, really, don't worry for the 50% damage reduction in shroud. They won't disappear for the very reason that shroud is linked to the necromancer's downstate and if they remove it the necromancer's downstate will end up being broken. This 50% damage reduction appeared as a bandaid fix in the early day of the game because initially the shroud was supposed to be the downstate and they happened to change that as a last minute change before release. What they didn't expect was how frail the necromancer's downstate ended up to be, so they had to patch it up (poorly and quickly) for "balance" sake.

Players trusting other players based on conjecture is just silly. This is why we have poor metabuilds and bad theorycraft

As of right now we just know about death magic being reworked. No details have been shared. Although a drastic change to shroud mechanic isn’t far out of the realm of possibility due to anets drastic changes to theif, engi and war, reaper already got its drastic class mechanic penalty with the 5% shroud degeneration instead of 3%

@Morde.3158 said:

Uh, I sure as shit hope this isn't true. I may be in the minority here, but I like Shroud. So much so, I hate Scourge because Shroud is replaced by Barrier -Which was also given to other classes, effectively giving everyone access to their own Shroud, some of which can self apply it more effectively than Scourge. Weaver and Scrapper for example. But that's another topic entirely.That damage reduction plays a massive role in Necromancer's potential to defend itself without having support. If they tie that damage reduction to Death Magic, that might just be the final nail in the coffin, no pun intended, for my patience with this game. The pleasure I get from playing Necro is the last thing keeping me playing.

Judging by some of the comments here, it may not be true. And I very much hope that's the case. I have my doubts in the devs but I'd be hard pressed to believe they'd do something so asinine unless they gave us significant compensation not bound by traits.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Judging by some of the comments here, it may not be true. And I very much hope that's the case. I have my doubts in the devs but I'd be hard pressed to believe they'd do something so asinine unless they gave us significant compensation not bound by traits.

It is not true, he is quoting me giving a list of change that I feel would be the worst ANet could do.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Judging by some of the comments here, it may not be true. And I very much hope that's the case. I have my doubts in the devs but I'd be hard pressed to believe they'd do something so asinine unless they gave us significant compensation not bound by traits.

It is not true, he is quoting me giving a list of change that I feel would be the worst ANet could do.

Good. Thank you for confirmation.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

Good. Thank you for confirmation.

You're welcome, I didn't think someone would think this was a true quote. Especially when I specifically said:

Death magic rework? Let's brace ourself for the worst. I can already imagine: