5 soulbeast vs 20 players is that working as intended?

SeikeNz.3526

I saw 15 Charr Guardians take on a total of 60 players. Sometimes it comes down to quality not quantity. The 15 Charr Guardians won. The only time we started beating them, is when I called out single T to Target and we whittled them down one by one by one. There's always a tactic or a counter. Sometimes overwhelming firepower on a single target is what it takes. Some of this Permaboon 5 man squads in a zerg….is just one big overlapping overpowered healing shield, invuln, reflect. Although :) I do like the idea of Soulbeasts in large groups kicking all your butts. Allied or enemy. Gives me confidence in ranger overall.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KeyOrion.9506 said:I saw 15 Charr Guardians take on a total of 60 players. Sometimes it comes down to quality not quantity. The 15 Charr Guardians won. The only time we started beating them, is when I called out single T to Target and we whittled them down one by one by one. There's always a tactic or a counter. Sometimes overwhelming firepower on a single target is what it takes. Some of this Permaboon 5 man squads in a zerg….is just one big overlapping overpowered healing shield, invuln, reflect. Although :) I do like the idea of Soulbeasts in large groups kicking all your butts. Allied or enemy. Gives me confidence in ranger overall.

The Charr in me approves and the ex-Warhammer RvRer player sends them a hearty WAAAAGH!-GrimJester da Choppa

You should have seen the 15 Smurf Asurans all wearing the same armor/outfit/guild colors. That...was a nightmare. Couldn't keep lockon, because they had at least two mesmers continuously vieling them, so we couldn't keep target lock on the one guy that was taking the most damage. Had to ball up and just nuke the living hell on the ground we stood on to take that group down.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:I saw 15 Charr Guardians take on a total of 60 players. Sometimes it comes down to quality not quantity. The 15 Charr Guardians won. The only time we started beating them, is when I called out single T to Target and we whittled them down one by one by one. There's always a tactic or a counter. Sometimes overwhelming firepower on a single target is what it takes. Some of this Permaboon 5 man squads in a zerg….is just one big overlapping overpowered healing shield, invuln, reflect. Although :) I do like the idea of Soulbeasts in large groups kicking all your butts. Allied or enemy. Gives me confidence in ranger overall.

mmm 5 guards 5 revs 5 scourge.

• 2 weeks later...

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Just wondering but is there any class that can fight a Boonbeast 1 vs 1 evenly?Or is there any class that counters a Boonbeast?

Honestly boonbeast isnt what it was a yr or so ago, holo,a good warrior, slob or mirage can take down boonbeast pretty decently. Boonbeast isn't really the 1v1 God it once was.

Also a condi scourge. Boon beast is absolutely demolished by a half decent scourge.

Soulbeasts aren't as bad as they used to be nor are they as omnipotent as people are complaining. Soulbeasts are annoying, at best, irrelevant at worst in larger scale fights. They've been designed (whether intended or not) to specialize at roaming and small scale, so of course they're going to be decent at it. If you want to kill a soulbeast bring builds with CC and sustain like those available to engineer and warrior, or bring spike damage and pressure the heck out of them with a thief or mesmer. Heck, despite the condition mitigation and general condi-hate in the meta, condition mirage will still work.

Trying to use a Necromancer of any form to counter Soulbeast is just silly. They'll get ripped to shreds before they get within 900 range. Why is this being suggested?

~ Kovu

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:Sounds like a cry but i wanna know and learn that, how they are just tanking and killing everyone at the enemy keep with only 5 people? they can simple tank everyone and dont receive any dmg at all, l i was receiving 4k dmg+ with 3800 of toughness, even the sieges can't dmg them at all, how they can tank and hit like that? if for some reason you really outnumber them they can just run like they are out of combat with a mount, is this class just broken at wvw?if someone make tank build they are supposed to hit like that?they aren't even dodging they can just tank receiving like 200 dmg from everyone, first i thought that was my fb hitting too low, then i changed to my deadeye full zerk and they received like 500 dmg from him kitten

2 Good necros could have wrecked them.But I guess it's easier to nerfbait on the forums than l2p

wich makes me wonder what kinda of classes the supoised 20 players had :\ wvw is full of scourges and firebrands....

The fact the OP was concentrating on
hitting
with his Firebrand, or flexing about a full zerk deadeye tells you much of what you need to know about this post.

not sure if serious or just troll, im talking about soulbeasts with high dmg and high defense at same time, they could hit my fb with 3800 toughness and kill me in like 1 second and could tank my deadeye rifle full zerk like he was nothing i was doing like 500-700 dmg per hit, do you even know much dmg a deadeye full zerk can hit other classes?

If I can kill a slb with a harrier/marauder mix FB this is a l2p issue. I was strapped down in a sw/sh and m/f. Working as intended.