[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:This might come off as a bit harsh but your OCD isn't a good reason to take away things from other people. I have problems in life too, that doesn't give me the right to force them on other people.

It’s not taking anything away from people if it’s like the salvage one where the infinite loop gives no return at all

If it did give something tho, then yes I agree with you.

@"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:This might come off as a bit harsh but your OCD isn't a good reason to take away things from other people. I have problems in life too, that doesn't give me the right to force them on other people.

It's not taking away anything, it's just turning infinite achievements (ones that don't give rewards other than AP) into achievements like any other that would appear as "completed" once max AP is reached.So I guess you just misunderstood the post. It wouldn't take away or force anything on anyone..

and i did specify , that its ONLY for infinite achievements that DONT award anything other than AP.Meaning -

• infinite salvage should be completed once 250 AP is reached.
  • achievements like master diver that do give rewards for each repeat could stay as they are unless Anet comes up with some other way to display them (maybe give them their own "infinite" tab instead)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Perhaps, it's a technical issue. Unless one is intimately familiar with the game's code, it's hard to say why some things as they are.

There are definitely other QoL requests I'd rather have the Devs work on. Of course, that's just me.

Code shouldn't be a problem because all other achievements work that way. They're not repeatable and have tiers and are done when objective is reached.So there's no need for them to add repeatable/infinite achievements like Salvage or Vault from new episode when they can make it just "open Vault 10 times for 10 AP".

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:There isn't any reason to do this.

Just like there isnt any reason for them to put infinite achievements that don't reward anything per repeat, when they can just make it like any other and have it displayed as completed once max AP is reached.

Actually .. if they DIDN'T have a reason, they wouldn't do it because it's something extra they had to do to make it that way. Don't assume because you don't like it, that Anet didn't have a reason to make it the way it is. If you want it changed, you better get your head around the idea there IS a reason for it and you need to come up with a BETTER one that's not just "I don't like it" to get it removed.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:There isn't any reason to do this.

Just like there isnt any reason for them to put infinite achievements that don't reward anything per repeat, when they can just make it like any other and have it displayed as completed once max AP is reached.

Actually .. if they DIDN'T have a reason, they wouldn't do it because it's something extra they had to do to make it that way. Don't assume because you don't like it, that Anet didn't have a reason to make it the way it is. If you want it changed, you better get your head around the idea there IS a reason for it and you need to come up with a BETTER one that's not just "I don't like it" to get it removed.

And if you bothered to understand what I said, you'd realize I never said for it to get removed. But rather (if it has NO reward per repeat) just make it like any other achievement that has tiers and mark it as done. NOT remove them.There is no point behind infinite achievements that have NO reward per repeat, such as salvage one. Once you got 250 AP, it should be "completed". That's not taking ANYTHING away.

Not making it infinite IS removing it. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

YOU might think there is no point to infinite achievements. That doesn't make it true. Again, if Anet didn't think there was a reason, they wouldn't have implemented it. They don't just randomly do these things just because with no reason.

@"Obtena.7952" said:Not making it infinite IS removing it. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

YOU might there is no point to infinite achievements. That doesn't make it true.

It wouldn't remove the achievement, because if salvage achievement says 250 AP is max, you will get 250 AP and just have it "completed", you DONT get anything from it other than that.Vault on new map, 10 APs, that would be THE SAME if they just made achievement with 10 tiers that would give 1 AP per tier OR tell you "open it 10 times" and award 10AP.You don't get any reward besides AP, and once you reach max AP, you got all you could. So again, not removing or taking away.It's not like salvage achievement keeps giving you AP past 250.... it isn't, so having it constantly pop up for no reason is pointless, just make it as "complete", you gain nothing else from it anyway.

With Heart of the Khan-Ur is yet another infusion in the game.I'll seize the opportunity and ask for client-side switches for infusions and Legendary trinkets again.

I have serious trouble processing that visual noise while playing decently. From the forums it is my impression I'm not alone with this. I'd even want to turn off or transmute my own trinkets. My character isn't a christmas tree. -.-

I would really love for the ability to share/mail/deposit to guild bank all of the currency items in the wallet with the exception of karma, and all competitive currencies that are not Badges of Honor.

To prevent abuse of the system, if that is a concern, tie in something like the old guild influence system that required working with players in your guild to earn. So you can only transfer to players you team up with a given amount of time. Track it like the WvW and PvP reward tracks.

Maybe even add this as a set of Mastery Track items - one tier to be able to unlock currency sharing tracks and another to unlock currency acceptance tracks. You have to earn the ability to share and earn the ability to have currencies shared with you.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Not making it infinite IS removing it. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

YOU might there is no point to infinite achievements. That doesn't make it true.

It wouldn't remove the achievement, because if salvage achievement says 250 AP is max, you will get 250 AP and just have it "completed", you DONT get anything from it other than that.Vault on new map, 10 APs, that would be THE SAME if they just made achievement with 10 tiers that would give 1 AP per tier OR tell you "open it 10 times" and award 10AP.You don't get any reward besides AP, and once you reach max AP, you got all you could. So again, not removing or taking away.It's not like salvage achievement keeps giving you AP past 250.... it isn't, so having it constantly pop up for no reason is pointless, just make it as "complete", you gain nothing else from it anyway.

If you say so ... that still doesn't give a reason to remove it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Not making it infinite IS removing it. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

and still you keep on going about "removing" something, nothing would be removed. You clearly don't understand. Have a nice day.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Not making it infinite IS removing it. I understand perfectly what you are saying.

and still you keep on going about "removing" something, nothing would be removed. You clearly don't understand. Have a nice day.

That' fine ... you can get stuck on a pedantic, irrelevant point. If you don't have a reason to change it, it won't be.

YOU might think there is no point to infinite achievements. That doesn't make it true. Again, if Anet didn't think there was a reason, they wouldn't have implemented it. They don't just randomly do these things just because with no reason.

Please tell me what the point is in the infinite achievement "Agent of Entropy" to use that as the example, once you have the 250/250AP max? I'm curious, as it IS pointless past that reward limit.And yes, Anet do have a reason probably - a design limitation on 'infinite' achievements not being able to be marked complete once the reward limit is hit - and that is the point, if the reward is limited is it not really an 'infinite' achievement, it just serves to be an annoyance not showing as completed once done. Only achievements that always give a reward like a bag of gear or whatever they want it to should be added as infinite, the rest just use the tier system like most other achievements.

@Dalec.9853 said:

Please tell me what the point is in the infinite achievement "Agent of Entropy" to use that as the example, once you have the 250/250AP max? I'm curious, as it IS pointless past that reward limit.And yes, Anet do have a reason probably - a design limitation on 'infinite' achievements not being able to be marked complete once the reward limit is hit - and that is the point, if the reward is limited is it not really an 'infinite' achievement, it just serves to be an annoyance not showing as completed once done. Only achievements that always give a reward like a bag of gear or whatever they want it to should be added as infinite, the rest just use the tier system like most other achievements.

Great ... so if you acknowledge Anet has a reason, you don't need to hear mine because mine is irrelevant.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Great ... so if you acknowledge Anet has a reason, you don't need to hear mine because mine is irrelevant.

A reason doesn't have to mean it's the correct decision, infinite achievements with limited rewards should NOT be marked as infinite, only truly infinite achievements (with infinite rewards) should be marked so.

@Dalec.9853 said:

A reason doesn't have to mean it's the correct decision, infinite achievements with limited rewards should NOT be marked as infinite, only truly infinite achievements (with infinite rewards) should be marked so.

So infinity achievements are a not correct decision? OK, let's ask Anet if it's incorrect ... they design the game. I bet I know their answer.

@Obtena.7952 said:

So infinity achievements are a not correct decision? OK, let's ask Anet if it's incorrect ... they design the game. I bet I know their answer.

Are they paying you to defend them so much ? ... you are not open to even understanding what others are saying but just sit there and defend them with your life.If you are paid, where do I sign up ?

@Obtena.7952 said:

Wow you can't actually be serious right? Do you even read or do you just focus on just a few words to answer something that doesn't even fit what was said?1) My statement is that infinite achievements are the wrong choice for limited rewards, they DO serve a purpose where the reward is also infinite - that purpose is to keep giving the reward. Is that so hard to understand?2) Game designers make mistakes, you speak as if ArenaNet are perfect gods incapable of designing something a bad way; the game would not be dying if that were the case.

So you read it as"So infinity achievements are a not correct decision?.... "Really I meanSo Infinite achievements are not a correct decision, In some cases

and just to add as I find it amusing what you are implying with this"... OK, let's ask Anet if it's incorrect ... they design the game. I bet I know their answer. "becomesOK, let's ask Anet if it's incorrect ... they design the game. I bet I know their answer. Because the game has never had any patches that modify how game systems work, there have never been any bug fixes, or improvements as the game was perfect from release and has only ever needed content releases!Oh wait, that's not the case is it? they make mistakes.