The 'fix' for Infiltrator's Strike

kKagari.6804

@Link.1049 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Actually, the reason people are unhappy about this build, is because you can teleport through "everything". It completely ignores ALL line of sight (just about). I do like the idea that return only being available if you hit though, but they HAVE to fix the LOS component.

So are they going to change Mesmer teleport so it has line of sight? or the guardians teleport? or the ranger's pet? or that a guardians traps can hit through walls.... Seriously, take a step back, take a breath and realize it's not that scary.

I don't think there's going to be a major nerf of it... it's too easy to shutdown. I've said it before... you want to kill a class the relies on mobility, force it to stay still. Problem solved.

@Ubi.4136 said:Actually, the reason people are unhappy about this build, is because you can teleport through "everything". It completely ignores ALL line of sight (just about). I do like the idea that return only being available if you hit though, but they HAVE to fix the LOS component.

So are they going to change Mesmer teleport so it has line of sight? or the guardians teleport? or the ranger's pet? or that a guardians traps can hit through walls.... Seriously, take a step back, take a breath and realize it's not that scary.

I don't think there's going to be a major nerf of it... it's too easy to shutdown. I've said it before... you want to kill a class the relies on mobility, force it to stay still. Problem solved.

those aren't on a 3 sec cooldown last time I checked.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:but you could do that since 5 years ago, why complain now? srsly stop not adapting and learn to play.

Because now people use it to apply their damage and not for gap closer/escape, so instead of nerfing the poison(the thing that does the damage) people is thinking " let's nerf the teleport! it's the thing that does the job!"

Let's wait for tomorrow condi thief is getting nerfed 100%, but how? there's a high chance that anet nerfed sword instead of poison so prepare for the worst.

U mean next week not tomorrow no?

It’s amazing what people think is OP.

I’m over here with one major cleanse and one minor cleanse and these builds aren’t enough of a threat to warrant adding more cleanse.

I never hear people complain in matches about how the condi s/d Daredevil is OP. Plenty of complaints about Mirage or Holo over the years. Scourge and FB as a combo sure. This is because cleanse makes the build a lot less of a threat. Take away that spike condi and you have an ok build that is pretty vulnerable to being pushed off point (that teleport can let them live but makes it hard to hold anything under pressure).

Thing is, Panic strike isn’t actually OP. Most people complained about it because of the teleport because the condi gave constant pressure while letting the thief be out of reach.

And it is a necro thread but people are still complaining about S/D because people rediscovered it when Deadly Ambition added passive poison application to all weapons. But no complaints about other weapons because the teleport mechanic is their real issue ultimately.

@"kKagari.6804" said:To be honest, I don't get all the commotion surrounding S/D condition thieves, personally I don't see the build as been all that deadly, they are essentially a 900 ranged build, that doesn't suffer from line of sight. They suffer from all the same issues ranged builds generally have, that once you get in their face, they are drastically restricted in what they can do.

That said, I think this change will take some of the edge off of these builds, while completely remaining fair, and still viable.

Infiltrator's Strike should only award Infiltrator's Return if the strike lands. Just like Flanking Strike. This isn't a major change, but it does add a level of risk to the build.

Although, in saying that, there'll probably need to be a measure in place so that people don't use it as a free 900 range teleport.

So you effectively want to 'ranger' (see patch notes for GS and sword) one of thief's coolest mechanics? No thanks. The solution is not removing mechanics until all that remains is bare bones that even new players get bored at.

Also, this "free teleport" costs initiative to use - which could otherwise be spent on actually dealing damage. The attack chain, outside Crippling Strike, is nothing to marvel at.

EDIT: So some genius bumped this up, huh....

@saerni.2584 said:Thing is, Panic strike isn’t actually OP. Most people complained about it because of the teleport because the condi gave constant pressure while letting the thief be out of reach.

And it is a necro thread but people are still complaining about S/D because people rediscovered it when Deadly Ambition added passive poison application to all weapons. But no complaints about other weapons because the teleport mechanic is their real issue ultimately.

I suppose the problem for someone is the burst damage of Condi S/D Daredevil.

Infiltrator's Strike + Panic Strike: 2 poison stacks + ImmobilizeDeadly Ambition: 3 poison stacksSwipe + Serpent's Touch + Bewildering Ambush: 3 poison stacks + 6 Confusion StacksDodge + Impaling Lotus + Uncatchable: 2 Bleeding stack + 1 torment stack + Cripple + 10% condition damage

And you can also use Spider Venom or Impairing Daggers to add more Poison stacks or, in WvW, Superior Sigil of Doom to add another 3 poison stacks.

Then you can teleport back, wait around three-four seconds and use again Infiltrator's Strike + Panic Strike + Deadly Ambition to inflict 5 poison stacks.So the advantage of this build is the combination of Deadly Ambition, Infiltrator's Strike and Panic Strike.

@"Vornollo.5182" said:I still miss being able to jump-cast IS to prevent the IR from leaving the return port...Essentially allowed us to do just this... Sad dumbing down of enjoyable game mechanics :(

See, I think the way it was before was "dumbed down" exploiting jump to byepass port back was very dumb, it means you can chase down anyone when #2 wasnt meant do that, not repeatedly at least. Anything that involves jump exploit to byepass it's TRUE nature is dumbed imo

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:See, I think the way it was before was "dumbed down" exploiting jump to byepass port back was very dumb, it means you can chase down anyone when #2 wasnt meant do that, not repeatedly at least. Anything that involves jump exploit to byepass it's TRUE nature is dumbed imo

I liked it. It allowed flexibility to the set. Jump-casting gave you chase ability, but sacrificed your ability to escape, and burned initiative to boot.

If Shortbow mobility was baselined to F3, it would basically work just like it (as far as chasing down an opponent)... not having to lock yourself out of your combat weapon set for 10 seconds just to travel around. Of course, then, it would allow any weapon set to chase down opponents... you're welcome, Dagger/Dagger ;-)

Ps. As far as "fixing bugs," I'm still upset they took away the ability to shorten Heartseeker by moving the camera :-(