Would You Be Interested In Prestige Ranks?

TheGrimm.5624

It isn't needed. If you wanted to give people who hit rank 10k a special title or a gizmo with a diamond or something like that, I'd be all for some rewards. But I'm gonna be honest, I already wasted enough of my life getting to 10k a first time, I'd have no interest ranking up from 1 to 10k all over again.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:It isn't needed. If you wanted to give people who hit rank 10k a special title or a gizmo with a diamond or something like that, I'd be all for some rewards. But I'm gonna be honest, I already wasted enough of my life getting to 10k a first time, I'd have no interest ranking up from 1 to 10k all over again.

You just say that cause eotm dead game mode !

Did anybody reach 10k without eotm?I dont think prestige ranks at 10k resets would be beneficial for anyone, most ppl that have 10k wont be getting 20k (in sum) for a second prestige rank

Edit: it would make more sense to be able to prestige up every time you skilled up every wvw mastery to max.And let ppl buy the sublime armor at prestige 2 or something.

@RedShark.9548 said:Did anybody reach 10k without eotm?

I genuinely believe if EOTM had never been added, there may only have been a few dozen people at 10k today. EOTM gave an absolutely obscene amount of WXP, especially if you were using boosters. A handful of players made it their goal to be the first to reach that rank and would pretty well live and breathe EOTM every waking hour.

I did more than my share of it, but I also enjoyed it because it was more laid back. People can hate on EOTM all they want but it was a nice way to chill and socialize. And although the majority of commanders went 100% ktrain and avoided fights, there were plenty that hunted for combat as well. I know I enjoyed tagging up and teaching people how to position and pay attention to the map myself, and those were some of my fondest WvW memories. I especially loved getting whispers from people telling me how much fun they had or how I had gotten them interested in doing more WvW. It was definitely a low quality, mostly karma farming map but, I've no doubt in my mind that it introduced plenty of people to WvW that would eventually make the jump from EOTM to the real thing.

I worked to long and too hard to get where I am today after nearly six years. The ranks you can see on the Enemy, and the Enemy can see your rank, if anything that shows the opposing forces what they are up against. Believe it not, it means a lot to know you have that rank. Now if Anet wishes to implement a Title so we can show that rank in PvE...maybe some PvE players would get curious of how they can get those titles too. We already have the titles, we just don't have a way to show them off to anyone outside of our enemies who are about the only one's that can SEE your title. There are title hunters out there. Wonder how long it would take them to get to Legendary Diamond. We have the titles. Anet just needs to have a way for us to show those titles off in PvE. And that's more than an easy fix.