Is that Braham’s team in the trailer?

Brycar.2651

Did Braham chicken out and run away? Did he abandon his team in the frozen waste land? It think that is why he is vague on where they are. He doesn’t know. Norn value courage, feats of strength and daring. He failed on his great hunt and now has zero standing with other Norns. This is why he hasn’t chosen a new last name. He hasn’t earned his legend

Yet

He says he left them in Hoelbrak. We'll no doubt find them in that vigil camp we're no doubt heading towards for Episode 1, and I have a strong feeling that Jhavi Jorasdottir will end up having join Braham's "Destiny's Edge" guild.

As for him earning his legend - he has, but he doesn't feel like he has. Though I really hope they use "Fang" instead of "Tooth" if they take Ryland's suggestion of "Toothsplitter".

@Brycar.2651 said:Did Braham chicken out and run away? Did he abandon his team in the frozen waste land? It think that is why he is vague on where they are. He doesn’t know. Norn value courage, feats of strength and daring. He failed on his great hunt and now has zero standing with other Norns. This is why he hasn’t chosen a new last name. He hasn’t earned his legend

When Jormag fell under the mountain, the dragon became unreachable for the guild Braham describes the guild as looking at him like a failure, and so he left them, they might be in Hoelbrek, they might be out wandering the shiverpeaks. Like Konig said, they are probably going to be at the vigil outpost Almorra went to.

His standing with other Norn would only be harmed by his lack of killing/defeating Jormag, but he still gained great fame/standing by being the first person to damage the tooth.

As Konig said, Braham can easily take on several titles if he wanted to, but he doesn't feel like he personally has earned it, or holds Eir's legacy so far above his own, he doesn't think he can top it (or wants to).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:He says he left them in Hoelbrak. We'll no doubt find them in that vigil camp we're no doubt heading towards for Episode 1, and I have a strong feeling that Jhavi Jorasdottir will end up having join Braham's "Destiny's Edge" guild.

As for him earning his legend - he has, but he doesn't feel like he has. Though I really hope they use "Fang" instead of "Tooth" if they take Ryland's suggestion of "Toothsplitter".He said he left them at a Vigil camp in the Shiverpeaks (likely where Almorra is headed, the one you mentioned).

I know throwbacks to Zhaitan's campaign aren't exactly ArenaNet's forte, but it would be neat to see Fibharr's crew there.

Braham Eirsson: —and then he was gone, sunk beneath the ice.Braham Eirsson: Just me. My guild. Wind howling in our ears. Thought the Spirits were laughing at me. I was so angry.Ryland Steelcatcher: Where are they now? Your guild?Braham Eirsson: Dunno. Hoelbrak. Shiverpeaks. Doesn't matter.Ryland Steelcatcher: They're your warband. It matters.Braham Eirsson: You wouldn't understand. Bet nobody's ever looked at you like you were a disappointment. Not in your damn life.

When asked where they are he says “dunno” and then throws out some guesses.

What did he do or not do that they looked at him as a disappointment? Remember we are hearing only Braham’s version and I’m sure he is an unreliable narrator.

I do think Jhavi was on that team. She will tell us the story. Also, I think this will be Braham’s love interest. The wiki says Norns only pair up with people of equal reputation.

Finally, maybe some of the team submitted to Jormag? We might hear their side of the story.

Braham does not seem to have handled Jormag running away or hiding himself well after whatever effort was put up to catch up to take out the Elder Dragon. He couldn't even think of a cover or a Plan B and it seems Braham blue-screened when everything he'd built in his mind as proving himself to Eir's legacy and legend stopped in its tracks. Ryland's observation there's plenty of other deeds besides Eirson Braham could use as his last name and Braham brushing it off is quite telling.

I suspect they have a far better opinion of Braham than he realizes.

@Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:He says he left them in Hoelbrak. We'll no doubt find them in that vigil camp we're no doubt heading towards for Episode 1, and I have a strong feeling that Jhavi Jorasdottir will end up having join Braham's "Destiny's Edge" guild.

As for him earning his legend - he has, but he doesn't feel like he has. Though I really hope they use "Fang" instead of "Tooth" if they take Ryland's suggestion of "Toothsplitter".He said he left them at a Vigil camp in the Shiverpeaks (likely where Almorra is headed, the one you mentioned).

I know throwbacks to Zhaitan's campaign aren't exactly ArenaNet's forte, but it would be neat to see Fibharr's crew there.

@Brycar.2651 said:Braham Eirsson: —and then he was gone, sunk beneath the ice.Braham Eirsson: Just me. My guild. Wind howling in our ears. Thought the Spirits were laughing at me. I was so angry.Ryland Steelcatcher: Where are they now? Your guild?Braham Eirsson: Dunno. Hoelbrak. Shiverpeaks. Doesn't matter.Ryland Steelcatcher: They're your warband. It matters.Braham Eirsson: You wouldn't understand. Bet nobody's ever looked at you like you were a disappointment. Not in your kitten life.

When asked where they are he says “dunno” and then throws out some guesses.

What did he do or not do that they looked at him as a disappointment? Remember we are hearing only Braham’s version and I’m sure he is an unreliable narrator.

I do think Jhavi was on that team. She will tell us the story. Also, I think this will be Braham’s love interest. The wiki says Norns only pair up with people of equal reputation.

Finally, maybe some of the team submitted to Jormag? We might hear their side of the story.

He doesn't know where they are now, but - it was either the LW magazine, stream, or dev statements - it was said he left them in Hoelbrak. Obviously they wouldn't just stay put there.

Also, yes, Fibharr's crew could be fun to see again. Any crew from the PS in the Pact would be fun to see again. I really regret that ArenaNet didn't bring back Carys for HoT, and that they killed Fero and Barron off-screen.

@"Tremor.7481" said:I suspect they have a far better opinion of Braham than he realizes.

Did, I'd imagine. Giving up on your own legacy is viewed very poorly by the norn. For example, in Ghosts of Ascalon, Gullik insults and dismisses Eir because she gave up on furthering her legend due to the defeat by Kralkatorrik. I would expect many norn feel that way towards Braham - and his team would be the ideal norn to feel that way. "We were so close, and because of one misstep, you gave up completely. You're pathetic." is what I'm expecting from at least one of them.

Braham saying he left them at the nearest Vigil camps leads me to believe they won't be at Hoelbrak and will be present for Almorra running into Bangar. Something I am very interested in, of course Bangar could just attack the Vigil outright but I wonder if they will instead have Almorra try and talk him down?