Whip

SoulGuardian.6203

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

Every competetive player is using the same build or setup, either fb+scourge, holo godmode, condi or ci mirage before last nerf, or boonbeast, every weapon set goes with only one build mostly, some weapons are worthless, they still need to fix tons of this things before thinking about new weapons.

@kraai.7265 said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

Every competetive player is using the same build or setup, either fb+scourge, holo godmode, condi or ci mirage before last nerf, or boonbeast, every weapon set goes with only one build mostly, some weapons are worthless, they still need to fix tons of this things before thinking about new weapons.

That's plain wrong, not everyone is a tryhard. Lots of us play fun builds and are still competitive.

@Engal.6359 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone
is a tryhard. Lots of us play fun builds and are still competitive.

One thing is to be tryhard, a different thing is to go for the meta, and if you just play casual "fun" builds then you are not competitive.Being competitive means trying to reach the top, or be the best (or at least playing focused in winning), and now a days you won't reach the top using any build you like.Either you follow the meta or you are just another casual trying to push it's own custom build.

@kraai.7265 said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone

One thing is to be tryhard, a different thing is to go for the meta, and if you just play casual "fun" builds then you are not competitive.Being competitive means trying to reach the top, or be the best (or at least playing focused in winning), and now a days you won't reach the top using any build you like.Either you follow the meta or you are just another casual trying to push it's own custom build.

I'm plat 2 with a custom build. Take that, Metamancer

@Engal.6359 said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone

looool plat 2 is above average, i reached plat 2 using custom builds too and im not that good in this game, even felt pretty skilled, then i met some really good players, those ones focus on tournaments, run private ones or play in legendary or in plat 3 at the limit between plat and legen, every regular player with a bit of luck (teams wise) and a bit of game knowledge and skills can reach plat with no hustle.

If you really want to see the difference whisper some of this monsters, cake walk, trt, kek, or some of those guilds, maybe shorts, or someone like that and duel him on your custom build, theres a reason why those "pro" players use meta builds, they usually even build the meta we common players use.

@kraai.7265 said:

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone

Rigged meta

Please explain?

That's plain wrong, not
everyone

looool plat 2 is above average, i reached plat 2 using custom builds too and im not that good in this game, even felt pretty skilled, then i met some really good players, those ones focus on tournaments, run private ones or play in legendary or in plat 3 at the limit between plat and legen, every regular player with a bit of luck (teams wise) and a bit of game knowledge and skills can reach plat with no hustle.

If you really want to see the difference whisper some of this monsters, cake walk, trt, kek, or some of those guilds, maybe shorts, or someone like that and duel him on your custom build, theres a reason why those "pro" players use meta builds, they usually even build the meta we common players use.

Not claiming to be the best, but most a lot "top" players wintrade to get their rank. I personally had two top 10 players wintrade one of my games last season, so no, their rating doesn't impress me.

I did duel shorts in a match and lost, so I'm not claiming to be the best, I'm not going to be winning any mATs(if we ever get them back) but custom builds are fine for ranked. Good players can use non meta builds just fine.

Also, if you think plat 1/2 is average you have no understanding of this games playerbase. The "average" player would be high silver/low gold.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"kraai.7265" said:Either you follow the meta or you are just another casual trying to push it's own custom build.

What's wrong with being casual?If everything else is trash except meta, why would you even care if they add whips or no? It certainly has nothing to do with balance.

I love casual play, and i would love to see it more in the game, but with the narrow meta we have it's rare to see a custom build in ranked (plat2) or wvw. Most players just copy paste pro player builds and spam whatever this builds bring to the table (holo forge spam best example)

And im not hating on anyone here, my point is simple "before adding more waeapons to the game, they should fix the ones we have that are useless or narrowed into only one build"

For example look at the new weapons we got on pof specs, most of them are uselesswarrior - dagger was so nerfed most warriors are playing other weapons like sword or mace nowguardian - never saw an axe fb since pof release, neverrev - i rarely see renegades, but most use the same weapons as herald, maybe someone throws an axe

engi - rifle ftwthief - this one works but most players use it for the stealth on dodgeranger - never seen rangers using dagger

mesmer - axe was an only condi weaponn, now it's so nerfed it's uselessele - weaver's sword actually worksnecro - idk i don't play necro

i love custom builds, and mixing weapons don't get me wrong, what i hate is we can't, most weapons are useless, and the ones that work, only work with a specific build. thats why i don't want new weapons, i want the ones we have fixed

Imagine they add a whip, it can go 2 ways. either super op and everyone will use it until they nerf it so much it becomes trash.. they release it already being trash tier so only casuals use it for pve and unranked pvp matches.

Anet should change this mentality before adding any more stuff into the game, pof was already a huge mistake balance wise.