Warrior can give 30 might to himself and allies (10 man)

Rico.6873

To give 30 might to 10 man he would need a full set of diviner gear for the concentration to uphold a full boon durationAnd sacrifice a trait choice to be able to go up to 30 might

How game braking would this change be?

Would this be better on another class/profession?Do you think other boons should be able to go a bit beyond their limit (upgraded/stronger) with certain classes/professions?The elementalist can already give a stronger boon protection to his allies and himself

This seems pretty broken and a considerable powercreep to me. It would give out an extra 150 Power / Condition Damage to 10 allies. Additionally, Strength runes + Concentration sigils already add about 60% Might Duration by themselves. Something like Diviner trinkets should be enough to max out. Warriors really do not need any more buffs right now.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:You just killed druid ?

Let's kill it further! Choose your poison.(10-Target) Power Fire-camping mightbot Tempest: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWGBbhdxoYl4ots1+A-zxQYhIhtjCcZURCkeBoysI/ZE-e(10-Target) Condi Fire-camping mightbot Tempest: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWGBbhdxmYl4o8Y2+A-zRJYmRDfZkQBESC4+ssoZF-e(10-Target) Heal mightbot Tempest: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWGBbhxwcYl4ZP12qB-zRJYqRDfZUdBkeC47s43mF-e(10-Target after BP) Condi mightbot scourge: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSgAs+lNwAZQsEmJWsX6vKA-zRJYmRDfZkeCESB4+0UgvKA-e(10-Target after BP) Heal mightbot scourge: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAs+ZlNwAZQsEmJWMXevKA-zRJYqRHfhkYKUdEkeBo2s0+mF-e(5-target) Power Mightbot Quickbrand: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWgAs2lRweYTMEGJW8TvPdA-zRIYR0wXGVkApXAqMNkYcD-e(5-target) Condi Mightbot Quickbrand: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWgAs+lRweYVMIGJW0SvPdA-zRJYmRDfZkQBkeC4+0YizNA-e(5-target) Heal boonbot firebrand: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWgAs6lRweYJMLGJmaXqPdA-zRJYqRDfZUdBkeCo2s0+mF-e(10-Target) Power mightbot Deadeye: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAgilVwwYXsImJO6LfvfA-zRRYBRC3HcUgALjKSg0LAVmldH3A-e(10-Target) Condi mightbot Deadeye: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAoilVwOYKMJmJO2WnvfA-zRJYmRBfRkSB4+0YivKA-e(10-Target) Heal mightbot Deadeye: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABwqxrlJwCZZMJmJeOXnvfA-zRJYqRPfZkaKUdF47s0+mF-e(10-Target) Power mightbot Herald: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAwylxQKMPyi1RXMOCjRSiMCqgJ7lXzE-zRRYBRDHPcQDlRFJQ6FgKzSgjbA-e(10-Target) Condi mightbot Herald: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAkelhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgjtkZzE-zRJYmRDfZ0VBkeC4+0YizNA-e(10-Target) Heal mightbot Herald: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmQAYllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgjtkZzE-zRRYjBBpGFcvlRgJQ6FgvzS7bWA-e

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:You just killed druid ?

Let's kill it further! Choose your poison.(10-Target) Power Fire-camping mightbot Tempest:
(10-Target) Condi Fire-camping mightbot Tempest:
(10-Target) Heal mightbot Tempest:
(10-Target after BP) Condi mightbot scourge:
(10-Target after BP) Heal mightbot scourge:
(5-target) Power Mightbot Quickbrand:
(5-target) Condi Mightbot Quickbrand:
(5-target) Heal boonbot firebrand:
(10-Target) Power mightbot Deadeye:
(10-Target) Condi mightbot Deadeye:
(10-Target) Heal mightbot Deadeye:
(10-Target) Power mightbot Herald:
(10-Target) Condi mightbot Herald:
(10-Target) Heal mightbot Herald:

Non of those share 30 stacks of might for 10 ppl. If 30 stacks of might becomes a warrior class mechanic it would kill everything that you just linked. And i mentioned druid only coz its almost dead already.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:You just killed druid ?

Let's kill it further! Choose your poison.(10-Target) Power Fire-camping mightbot Tempest:

Non of those share 30 stacks of might for 10 ppl. If 30 stacks of might becomes a warrior class mechanic bit would kill everything that you just linked. And i mentioned druid only coz its almost dead already.

Actually, tempest shares 25 stacks for 10 with Heat Sync alone and pretty much another 25 if you blast fire fields and shouts.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

Non of those share 30 stacks of might for 10 ppl. If 30 stacks of might becomes a warrior class mechanic bit would kill everything that you just linked. And i mentioned druid only coz its almost dead already.

Actually, tempest shares 25 stacks for 10 with Heat Sync alone and pretty much another 25 if you blast fire fields and shouts.

We are talking about 30 STACKS of might here. Its something that you cant atm do in game.

@"mtpelion.4562" said:I've always felt that any spec that can maintain more than 5 stacks of might for any amount of time is bad game design.

With a 5 man squad as your buff sharing unit and 25 stacks being the might cap, it should take all 5 members to maintain full might.

I can understand this sentiment. However, this game struggles constantly between the conflicting design goals of, "Let's allow professions to bring something different and unique to the table." and, "Let's set up profession structures so that players can play whatever profession they want and still feel like important contributors." The fact is that what different professions bring to the table are just not the same, and a lot of those contributions are less desirable.

Might at the 25 stack cap is pretty much a "must-have" as far as PvE meta play goes, and in WvW large-group encounters. In order for all 5 team members to provide 5 stacks to get to the 25 might cap, wouldn't that mean that any profession that cannot stack 5 might would be hard excluded? At least if one player is providing all 25, there's a chance that there could be room for professions that are not otherwise undesirable due to poor trade-offs between their damage output and less desired contributions.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@"mtpelion.4562" said:I've always felt that any spec that can maintain more than 5 stacks of might for any amount of time is bad game design.

With a 5 man squad as your buff sharing unit and 25 stacks being the might cap, it should take all 5 members to maintain full might.

I can understand this sentiment. However, this game struggles constantly between the conflicting design goals of, "Let's allow professions to bring something different and unique to the table." and, "Let's set up profession structures so that players can play whatever profession they want and still feel like important contributors." The fact is that what different professions bring to the table are just not the same, and a lot of those contributions are less desirable.

Might at the 25 stack cap is pretty much a "must-have" as far as PvE meta play goes, and in WvW large-group encounters. In order for all 5 team members to provide 5 stacks to get to the 25 might cap, wouldn't that mean that any profession that cannot stack 5 might would be hard excluded? At least if one player is providing all 25, there's a chance that there could be room for professions that are not otherwise undesirable due to poor trade-offs between their damage output and less desired contributions.

And might isn't even the worst offender in that regard. Quickness is pretty much strongest dps boost among any boons and it's currently properly stackable by 2 professions. (and some can self-supply)

And remember when druid was mandatory for having 2 unique buffs that stacked over might?

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Thats always been the crux of raids, isn't it? Trinity and Raids have one fixed structure that works on the assumption of it being the only permitted successful approach to the fight. That whole system is beyond repair once ChronoTank was discovered, since role compression beats the entire design premise at a fundamental level.

The only option we have left is to go 40-man for future raids, so tasking for Sub-groups can be diversified enough to afford each having less demanding comps. Even then, I doubt it'll stop groups demanding specific comps.... but the larger pool gives better opportunities to mix and match, provided the Raids themselves either get more relaxed on certain roles, or actively mix up balance vectors between fights.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Non of those share 30 stacks of might for 10 ppl. If 30 stacks of might becomes a warrior class mechanic it would kill everything that you just linked. And i mentioned druid only coz its almost dead already.

So what class would be a better class-profession to have 30 might? Thief? Engineer? Necromancer?

Or would this mechanic be better as a self temporary buff only?

@Rico.6873 said:

So what class would be a better class-profession to have 30 might? Thief? Engineer? Necromancer?

Have you read the comments here? Do it again if you don't understand why it is a bad idea in general.

@Rico.6873 said:

None. Atm balance isn't perfect but giving ability to stack more might stacks than other classes would break the balance even more. For instanced content offensive buffs are all that matters. That extra 5 stacks of might is 150 Power and 150 condition damage for 10men. Its better than banner already and warrior is super meta coz of banners.

@Rettan.9603 said:

Have you read the comments here? Do it again if you don't understand why it is a bad idea in general.

Those comments where against a full time 10 man 30 might buffer, warrior already has banners and a good dps, reason why people found that part stupid.

Doesn't mean the idea can't be refined and fine tuned, like requiring 25 might from another class while putting it on a ultimate ability with a high cooldown so it can a small buff that let's you exeed the 25 might cap to 30 might temporarily for a small burst moment.

Like picture this a class manipulates the might boon by giving his allies something akin to spotter that gives 5 might and upgrades the might cap from 25 to 30 only when he activates his high cooldown ability this buff would be temporary off course

The idea is what it is a idea.The chances are small such idea goes live.

Though given each class the ability to bend the boon rules for themself only or for a group at the cost of something else still intrigues me, maybe one day.....

I'll be waiting for hell to freeze over!

@Rico.6873 said:

Those comments where against a full time 10 man 30 might buffer, warrior already has banners and a good dps, reason why people found that part stupid.

Doesn't mean the idea can't be refined and fine tuned, like requiring 25 might from another class while putting it on a ultimate ability with a high cooldown so it can a small buff that let's you exeed the 25 might cap to 30 might temporarily for a small burst moment.

Like picture this a class manipulates the might boon by giving his allies something akin to spotter that gives 5 might and upgrades the might cap from 25 to 30 only when he activates his high cooldown ability this buff would be temporary off course

Though given each class the ability to bend the boon rules for themself only or for a group at the cost of something else still intrigues me, maybe one day.....

Wouldn't it be easier to just add party-buffing skill with unique effect (150 power/condidamage)? Same result without messing up the might encoding.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just add party-buffing skill with unique effect (150 power/condidamage)? Same result without messing up the might encoding.

Empower Allies is +100 and already exists...