Thoughts on this condi deadeye wvw build?

DutchGaming.7105

@"DutchGaming.7105" said:title pretty much says all.i've been playing around a bit with this build, and i'd like some feedback.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAURlNw6YQsDmJO2WpvLA-zRZYXBZwFVAZ4yLkMrgwTgOCB9mlq80A-e

I tend to prefer the Trap Thousand needles over spider venom. Venom has less control over who it gets applied on. As example if you are in SB and use the venom you can end up applying separate instances of it on different players. I find that you should focus one player with conditions. A lot depends on how you fight here. If you mostly in rifle and single target focused the venom is fine.

I also prefer payback over silent scope, albeit this depends on how often you really use stealth and the nature of fights you are involved in. If it a lot of 1v1s silent scope probably better. If there a mixture of numbers you can really boost damage with the lower cool downs of Payback. See venom above. Getting to use that venom again quicker is significant.

I do not think you get enough out of SOH. This works best when coupled with mercy or on interrupt traits in a DE Build . The confusion add of BA is much more reliable and telling and it will generally get you thousands in damage on your target even at its short duration. You try to apply it when the enemy committed to battle as you can get away with more seconds of it on them as they perform actions.

Without Malicious intent MALI 7 buildup tends to be too slow for it to be helpful in a build with low crit rate. I would try and get a bit more precision in your build if you want to leverage Mali7. Your fury source is only MALI 7 so you can not rely on that. Try and boost your crit rate closer to the 30 percent range over the 10 percent range if you really want to see a reliable use of Mali7.

@"DutchGaming.7105" said:title pretty much says all.i've been playing around a bit with this build, and i'd like some feedback.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAURlNw6YQsDmJO2WpvLA-zRZYXBZwFVAZ4yLkMrgwTgOCB9mlq80A-e

The weakness of your build:

• Malice builds slowly due to low crit rate and this makes you somewhat more unable to use high level bonuses, including getting enough malice to trigger M7 consistently (which is the whole point of taking M7).
  • Your stealth access is somewhat limited because you don’t build malice quickly (making stealth from stolen skills difficult to access regularly) and because you don’t have vigor access so you quickly lose the ability to dodge to gain stealth.
  • Outside of withdraw/RoI you can’t remove damaging conditions yourself. You are vulnerable to conditions generally unless you can maintain high stealth uptime, which is a struggle for the build.
  • You are very poison reliant and may suffer versus a build with multiple sources of resistance.

Other thoughts:

• You may find replacing Caltrops with Thrill of the Crime a better choice for offensive play, which is probably your goal given the lower cleanse and lower stealth opportunities.

1) If you're going to take Panic Strike, keep in mind that there's a cheaper way to stack Poison instead of using S/B #4 -- Spotter' Shot (Rifle #2, kneeling). It costs 3 init for 2 stacks of poison. This is the reason why I don't use S/B in my DE Condi build.2) If you're going to use M7, you should always have Mal Intent. I know I'm just echoing baba because it's true.3) Just to echo baba again, 1K Needles > Spider Venom4) If you're taking Trickery, you have to take Scorpion Wire. This is the cheapest Condition Cleanse you'll ever going to have. Plus, you can pull your target to your Prep (1k Needles).5) If you're going to take Sleight of Hand, you need to make sure Stealing actually does something -- meaning take Thrill of the Crime. Otherwise, just do what baba said, take Bewildering Ambush.6) Ok this is just my own choice, I wouldn't take Trailblazer Armor, instead I would take Apothecary. Since you're not taking Shadow Arts, there's very little source for healing, thus making Withdraw count will make a big difference. In addition, I will take Mug over Deadly Ambition just to have another source of healing, which also works well with Sleight of Hand.

In the end, it will look something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAURlNw4YQMKmJO0WrvKA-zRhYRhdFkBXUBkBlXIZWBhnAdEC6NLV5pB-e

If this is my build, I wouldn't even take Trickery, instead I'd take Shadow Arts.

Fun Fact: If you take Shadow Rejuv and you're kneeling while in stealth, you recover 2 initiative every 3s. That's a total of 5 initiative every 3s (1 init from SR, 1 init from Kneel, 3 init/3sec = 5 init). You can refill your init bar really fast you don't even need RfI.

EDIT: typos