Still Chronomancer has not got any fix (case study)

Hiraga Taichiru.1580

@Ansau.7326 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I feel like you are complicating things. In pve/wvw chronomancer traitline is not that good now (compared how it used to be). If there was no mesmer playable I would take it as a problem but if I remember correctly, mirage is still doing well.

For example retribution from revenant has no use in raids. Yet revenants do (and are quite strong in their roles).

Im sorry but doing well where?? in wvw we can only roam as mirages to find duels or small fights, those are dead since we have warclaws so no use, and chrono is unplayable, mirage in zerg fights is as usefull as core ranger, and that core support mesmer build in metabattle is a bad joke outshined by every other spec.

Sry for late response. As I have said I dont play wvw so I asked a friend that is part of a hardcore wvw guild to answer for you. She said she dont want to explain it to you since it looks like you dont want to listen and she is tired of explaining something to players that just dont want to understand because their class is not as op as it used to be."You are just clueless/dont want to listen so I wont explain anything,you are bad and no longer carried by OP spec"it's
ad hominem
plus it's useless comment

How is yours any diferent? :DDont think its useless to let you know about your logical fallacy. If you have nothing to say, stay quiet.About chrono in pvp - completely dead and useless.

I dont understand how there could be any logical fallacy if there is no statement including logic. My post was only reaction to his reaction. I apologised why I havent responded yet and gave my reason. As I have said, chrono is bad traitline in wvw/pvp but that is same as retribution (revenant) in pve. Mesmer is still played in wvw even by top players. I wanted to support my claim by an example but she refused to respond. Nothing I can do about it.

And the way I see it, 95 percent of posts on forum are usless or wrong. At least mine wasnt both.

The reason why Retribution is not working in pve is not because it has a lucklasting performance, but because of how useless are in general defensive specializations in pve, as the game mode is based on AI having hard hitting attacks that cannot be sustained so active defenses are the only solution, between fairly long times of hitting an AFK hitpoint bag.

And Retribution is far from being bad. In fact, it outperforms both Chaos and Inspiration at sustain and support. Passive endurance recovery, stability on dodge, damage reduction and turns an spammable elite into a counter to condis. Mesmer doesn't even have anything remotely close to any of those things, let alone all together in a single specialization.

It's funny, you come here with a laughable example and yet you feel free to discredit others with the most childish excuse possible (someone else said me something but I will not bother telling you). I don't know who is that friend of yours playing hardcore gvg, I even doubt that it exists.

The fact that you compared and elite spec (and a useless one like chrono) with a core spec (that is meta in wvw/pvp) like Retribution shows how much of ignorance your explanations are full of.

Traitline is traitline. Elite or not, it doesnt matter. I know that defense is usless in pve and that is why I made this example. Scrapper is also rarely used in pve but works in wvw.In the other hand chrono is used in pve as power dps, condi dps, power support, condi support and can also be used for heals so it is not usless or unplayable there.

In my opinion, if you want to be competetive in something you need to swap to whatever is op at the moment or whatever counters that op pick. If chrono is not op then swap to something else.

And for my friend. I dont care as I have said :D

No, it does, despite you trying to deny it. Elite specializations change core mechanics, unlock skills and weapons and define the theme of the builds including them. The trivialization you're doing is just a cheesy way to validate your point, but it's just that, a trivialization that only touches the surface of the topic while ignoring the full iceberg.

Anyway, the issue with Chrono is beyond mesmer effectiveness as a class in the game (the point you're trying to bring to dismiss the discussion in question?). Chrono not only suffered the worst core mechanical downgrade in Gw2 from a performance point of view, it also was left in a position where joy and entertainment don't go any longer with it. Not only the elite has lost a lot of effectiveness across all game modes, nobody likes the change, nobody enjoys playing the new mechanics. The result is Chrono is being left in the dust as a specialization that only brings the players frustration and a bad experience in the game.

OP topic was to put in perspective of other professions the magnitude of the mistake that anet has made with chrono. Effectiveness and viability in game modes are irrelevant, quality of life and player experience is what it is in question.

If your point was: but it doesn't matter because mirage is still a thing, let me tell you that you both missed the point and failed at the attempt to argument against it.

I guess I never understood it then. For me traits (elite or not), weapons and even classes dont matter. What I play is what is best for my style and type of play. Game changes. If you want to be competetive this is the right mindset. We can only argue if changes were deserved or not. And I feel like chronos changes were deserved. Now it is not the only choice for pve so I can swap to take what is best.If you dont feel the same I am sorry but it is not my problem. This is public forum and I can state my opinion.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I feel like you are complicating things. In pve/wvw chronomancer traitline is not that good now (compared how it used to be). If there was no mesmer playable I would take it as a problem but if I remember correctly, mirage is still doing well.

For example retribution from revenant has no use in raids. Yet revenants do (and are quite strong in their roles).

Im sorry but doing well where?? in wvw we can only roam as mirages to find duels or small fights, those are dead since we have warclaws so no use, and chrono is unplayable, mirage in zerg fights is as usefull as core ranger, and that core support mesmer build in metabattle is a bad joke outshined by every other spec.

Sry for late response. As I have said I dont play wvw so I asked a friend that is part of a hardcore wvw guild to answer for you. She said she dont want to explain it to you since it looks like you dont want to listen and she is tired of explaining something to players that just dont want to understand because their class is not as op as it used to be."You are just clueless/dont want to listen so I wont explain anything,you are bad and no longer carried by OP spec"it's
ad hominem

How is yours any diferent? :DDont think its useless to let you know about your logical fallacy. If you have nothing to say, stay quiet.About chrono in pvp - completely dead and useless.

I dont understand how there could be any logical fallacy if there is no statement including logic. My post was only reaction to his reaction. I apologised why I havent responded yet and gave my reason. As I have said, chrono is bad traitline in wvw/pvp but that is same as retribution (revenant) in pve. Mesmer is still played in wvw even by top players. I wanted to support my claim by an example but she refused to respond. Nothing I can do about it.

And the way I see it, 95 percent of posts on forum are usless or wrong. At least mine wasnt both.

The reason why Retribution is not working in pve is not because it has a lucklasting performance, but because of how useless are in general defensive specializations in pve, as the game mode is based on AI having hard hitting attacks that cannot be sustained so active defenses are the only solution, between fairly long times of hitting an AFK hitpoint bag.

And Retribution is far from being bad. In fact, it outperforms both Chaos and Inspiration at sustain and support. Passive endurance recovery, stability on dodge, damage reduction and turns an spammable elite into a counter to condis. Mesmer doesn't even have anything remotely close to any of those things, let alone all together in a single specialization.

It's funny, you come here with a laughable example and yet you feel free to discredit others with the most childish excuse possible (someone else said me something but I will not bother telling you). I don't know who is that friend of yours playing hardcore gvg, I even doubt that it exists.

The fact that you compared and elite spec (and a useless one like chrono) with a core spec (that is meta in wvw/pvp) like Retribution shows how much of ignorance your explanations are full of.

Traitline is traitline. Elite or not, it doesnt matter. I know that defense is usless in pve and that is why I made this example. Scrapper is also rarely used in pve but works in wvw.In the other hand chrono is used in pve as power dps, condi dps, power support, condi support and can also be used for heals so it is not usless or unplayable there.

In my opinion, if you want to be competetive in something you need to swap to whatever is op at the moment or whatever counters that op pick. If chrono is not op then swap to something else.

to elaborate, chrono CAN be used as power dps but is subpar, CAN be used as condi dps but is subpar ( confusion as main dmg means its kitten at trash clear that gets chain CC and relies on bosses spaming ), CAN heal but its worse then other options. Only thing its actually GOOD at is tank+buff on raids due to allot of block/evades, and thats preety much it.

Thats why recent sabir record was done with power chrono. Condi chrono is as good as scepter mirage, not best in slot but second on 1 boss. I solohealed some bosses as a chrono, why waste a slot for healer when you can take support chrono that heals. Are we talking about best in slot or usable?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

ad hominem

to elaborate, chrono CAN be used as power dps but is subpar, CAN be used as condi dps but is subpar ( confusion as main dmg means its kitten at trash clear that gets chain CC and relies on bosses spaming ), CAN heal but its worse then other options. Only thing its actually GOOD at is tank+buff on raids due to allot of block/evades, and thats preety much it.

Thats why recent sabir record was done with power chrono. Condi chrono is as good as scepter mirage, not best in slot but second on 1 boss. I solohealed some bosses as a chrono, why waste a slot for healer when you can take support chrono that heals. Are we talking about best in slot or usable?

everything is usable if you try hard enough, you can make power mirage with axe and no offhand and play it, doesnt mean its any good.

ad hominem

Oh how fun that sounds, in order to be "good" at this game you should play whatever op build regardless if it's your own character or a class you hate....I even tried this with holo and im wrecking every pvp match i get in, just spamming my skills (i don't even know all of them just spam forge and elixirs) this game sucks right now and it's a meme of what it was originally.

@kraai.7265 said:

ad hominem

Oh how fun that sounds, in order to be "good" at this game you should play whatever op build regardless if it's your own character or a class you hate....I even tried this with holo and im wrecking every pvp match i get in, just spamming my skills (i don't even know all of them just spam forge and elixirs) this game sucks right now and it's a meme of what it was originally.

Still, if you find a player with same skill and more op build/in better matchup you will lose. Some players want to do everything to win. That is what makes the game fun for them. You cannot say that this is not the right way only because someone elses is diferent

Beeing good and winning is mostly not related. You can win and still be bad if you have better build and/or your opponent is worse. You can lose even if you are better if you have worse build or bad matchup. If you want to win as much as possible you should have best possible build. Just skill might not be enough.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

ad hominem

everything is usable if you try hard enough, you can make power mirage with axe and no offhand and play it, doesnt mean its any good.

In my mind, usable means close to meta builds. If your build is above 30k on golem it is usable for me. Only confusion/torment builds that outperform in real fights can go lower. Rest of the builds are usless in my mind and only reason to take them is if they are needed for specific mechanic.

Condi chrono is second/third best option on largos. 4th build will never come close so I think condi chrono is good. Not great but definitely not usless.

ad hominem

Still, if you find a player with same skill and more op build/in better matchup you will lose. Some players want to do everything to win. That is what makes the game fun for them. You cannot say that this is not the right way only because someone elses is diferent

Beeing good and winning is mostly not related. You can win and still be bad if you have better build and/or your opponent is worse. You can lose even if you are better if you have worse build or bad matchup. If you want to win as much as possible you should have best possible build. Just skill might not be enough.

It's the right way i know, but it's lame and sad, most players don't even remember the times every class was balanced, there were tons of weapon and build variation and everything worked fine, so skill based, now it's just a piece of shit, run meta build rek everyone, run custom build feel handicapped every match.

ad hominem

its just as silly as detonate plasma thief, having entire spec with unique gear and runes. only to be usable in couple of fights. even tho there are other builds that do the same in those fights while being usable in other ones too, am I supposed to make 4 different gear types to run raids? Do i go condi chrono, then condi mirage, then power support chrono for other ones. oh and power chrono for fractals. 4 different builds with different gears. to run general content.or, you know. make dh and be meta everywhere.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

ad hominem

its just as silly as detonate plasma thief, having entire spec with unique gear and runes. only to be usable in couple of fights. even tho there are other builds that do the same in those fights while being usable in other ones too, am I supposed to make 4 different gear types to run raids? Do i go condi chrono, then condi mirage, then power support chrono for other ones. oh and power chrono for fractals. 4 different builds with different gears. to run general content.or, you know. make dh and be meta everywhere.

If you just want a kill, double shortbow soulbeast is easy way to do it. Personaly my chrono has 60 inventory slots filled with trinkets, runes, sigils and weapons (i have legendary armor) to adapt my build. I have at least 1 chrono build for each fight. Gearing boonthief for 1 boss cost the same for me. You dont need it but it is fun for me and players I raid with.

@"monk seal.8079" said:Not salty, in fact very happy that we no longer have to deal with cheesy mantra power chronomancer shatter builds. In PvE, Druid players have had to adjust to changes made to that specializtion and the lack of fixes, so chronomancer players need to do the same. Why should they receive favored treatment over other professions? Mesmer profession had a major rework in 2018: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27216/game-update-notes-february-6-2018

Only serious Mantra power builds allowed. (serious face)