Glyph of Reaping not working [Merged]

This is not a bug fix, this is a workaround. Because they can't fix this my husband gets screwed with their "fix"? We got this glyph to farm home instance faster, and now because they can't really fix this we'll both be in there the same amount of time as before. So now the best use are the few farm spots scattered around tyria which usually don't have anything worth gathering. Guess my husband is going to request a refund for this now since they broke the best use for this glyph.

Stuff like this is why I don’t have faith in Anet. This is such a lazy excuse for a fix. If this is so hard for Anet’s devs to fix, then changing the ascended cooking node to a chest would probably fix this issue. Placing the ascended cooking node outside the range of GoR would also likely fix this issue.

If ascended plants is why the glyph is deactivated in someone else's home instance, why deactivate the glyph when it is on an axe or pick? And the user agreement may give Anet the right to do these things but degrading the value of items people spend real money on is not a good way to encourage them to keep spending real dollars in the future. Allowing the glyph to work when on something other than a sickle would be a step in the right direction but a real fix for this I hope is in the works. If Anet has responded on future direction for this issue, I have not seen it and the silence is deafening. I for one skipped buying something in the GEM store this week because of the lack of trust this issue has engendered.

@Alien Purple.3504 said:

@Alien Purple.3504 said:This is not acceptable fix! And my friends are going to be looking for refunds as well if it doesn't get fixed properly

Uhm, it is working just fine for me.

it only works in your own home instance.

Oh, I wasn't using it in my home instance but in the Secret Garden.

If you go into someone else's home instance to harvest the glyph no longer works.

Are you sure? In the open world, for instance, it still shows you the plants' names, even after you have already harvested them with this glyph. You can't harvest them again, yet the name tags remain. Maybe it's this bug you have encountered?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Alien Purple.3504 said:This is not acceptable fix! And my friends are going to be looking for refunds as well if it doesn't get fixed properly

Uhm, it is working just fine for me.

it only works in your own home instance.

Oh, I wasn't using it in my home instance but in the Secret Garden.

If you go into someone else's home instance to harvest the glyph no longer works.

Are you sure? In the open world, for instance, it still shows you the plants' names, even after you have already harvested them with this glyph. You can't harvest them again, yet the name tags remain. Maybe it's this bug you have encountered?

It's not a bug, but a change implemented by the Devs per Patch Notes.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Sigh. That's not the 'bug' this thread is about.

"If you go into someone else's home instance to harvest the glyph no longer works."

"Are you sure?"

This thread is very much about the Glyph of Reaping not working and yes we are sure it does not work if you go in as a party to another players home instance. Anet only fixed part of the issue and seems to be totally ignoring the rest

@Alien Purple.3504 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Sigh. That's not the 'bug' this thread is about.

"If you go into someone else's home instance to harvest the glyph no longer works."

"Are you sure?"

This thread is very much about the Glyph of Reaping not working and yes we are sure it does not work if you go in as a party to another players home instance. Anet only fixed part of the issue and seems to be totally ignoring the rest

"Are you sure? In the open world, for instance, it still shows you the plants' names, even after you have already harvested them with this glyph. You can't harvest them again, yet the name tags remain. Maybe it's this bug you have encountered?""That sounds like an illogical thing to implement on purpose. What's the purpose of having the name tags remain after you harvested the nodes?"

This is the comment I responded to.

The large gaping issue is that you cannot harvest in a home instance unless you're the instance owner.This is complete bull kitten for those who paid for a fully stocked home instance, multiple accounts, and multiple glyph's to do just that.

I don't even care about the garden plots and 500 cooking, it's that it's disabled across the entire home instance is the real issue.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:The large gaping issue is that you cannot harvest in a home instance unless you're the instance owner.This is complete bull kitten for those who paid for a fully stocked home instance, multiple accounts, and multiple glyph's to do just that.

I don't even care about the garden plots and 500 cooking, it's that it's disabled across the entire home instance is the real issue.

Exactly. I bought 6 skyscale harvesters (3 on each account in multibox) and moved glyphs to other tools. wish i could have got 2 of each kind. Please fix.

combine thread with others on this issue

• 3 weeks later...

They have fixed it not the way some people me included wanted it but they dont see it was a problem.Now it work for owner not for the extras they take in to their home instance.

If you want the same functionality on alts then ( I dont recommend this) fill their home instances aswell.