Warclaw

Ghetx.1752

Nice mount.Non aggressive looking compared to others.Even damn Jerry Springer looks like bunny from hell.Starclaw skin,epic,no other words.Collection on the other hand...It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible.Ok,you gotta farm if u want nice things but...

1)Biggest issue is that you follow other players who have mounts like dog.You are late for everything.Late for caps,for champion kills,you get easily intercept by enemy players,tp to wp,run back just to encounter same thing,for 16 hours straight.

2)Masteries...It took me 16 hours to get to level 11,do i really have to spend over 200 hours just to unlock Warclaw masteries only?

INB4 'i did it in 2 hours'I am not interested in people who completed this task in 7-8 hours,who got carried by whole guilds,people who played with friends etc...

Boosters for wxp and reward track are a thing. Look them up on wiki. Unlocking warclaw requires 1 rank point, sure you wont have all features, but you dont really need all of them to catch up to people.

Not to mention that you can do reward track solo and that getting wxp on aoe dps class is extremely easy in zergs. You dont need to get carried for getting participation rewards..you just need to participate.

Another mounts are broken thread. Anyone want to take bets on how many more of these until anet decides to do what they should have done months ago and nerf the mounts health pool and evades into the ground? I'm sure the nerf will be coming with the the immanent alliances update amiright?

sOoN

Did you ask in map or team chat? Cap a keep on the always-empty EOTM map?

I know a grand total of zero people in WvW. No guild, friends, I reject every squad request I get because I never commit a block of time and prefer to jump in and out as I please.

I may well be wrong but it sounds like you didn't actually ask for any help.

So... You must not be interested in WvW?

‘> @Ghetx.1752 said:

Nice mount.Non aggressive looking compared to others.Even kitten Jerry Springer looks like bunny from hell.Starclaw skin,epic,no other words.Collection on the other hand...It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible.Ok,you gotta farm if u want nice things but...

1)Biggest issue is that you follow other players who have mounts like dog.You are late for everything.Late for caps,for champion kills,you get easily intercept by enemy players,tp to wp,run back just to encounter same thing,for 16 hours straight.

People have noted to play a toon for the initial unlock phase that is built for speed: Soulbeast, thief, and honestly several others will help immensely.

But given you statements below I think that is the least of your ‘problems’

2)Masteries...It took me 16 hours to get to level 11,do i really have to spend over 200 hours just to unlock Warclaw masteries only?

It’s.. (wait for it). (Wait for it...). A WvW Mount. If you were just playing the mode, and, by the time you are concerned about masteries you have the mount, the levels come.

Oh and.. pssst; boosters!

INB4 'i did it in 2 hours'I am not interested in people who completed this task in 7-8 hours,who got carried by whole guilds,people who played with friends etc...

And I guess that is where you have a problem. See... I play the mode regularly, and had potions stored up, so when this came out, it actually took me less than an hour, as the reward track was done instantly, and several of us worked out the other details.

But you didn’t want to hear that, that’s right.. Sorry for that.

Here is the requisite; Join a WvW guild, they will help you, it becomes easier that way.

Now I know Raids are easy to just pop into without training and get those LIs on the first run with some randoms, but dat WvW Mount is just a bear to get!!

@Ghetx.1752 said:INB4 'i did it in 2 hours'

Heh, the patch went live at 12:00pm EST, and I had the Warclaw at 12:15pm EST.

EDIT: and btw, I played in a havoc squad with my guild for about 45mins this morning in T2, and we hit every requirement for Warclaw, flipping camps, towers, keeps, killing guards and players, and even a dolyak or two.

I maybe not in favor for this mount in WvW, but complaining about obtaining it is ridiculous. It's a WvW mount. It's next to useless in PvE land.If you're a WvW veteran, getting this is trivial. If you're enjoying the game mode, it's quite easy. If you're new and interested with the game mode, then getting this won't be annoying for you, since you'll be spending most of the time in WvW anyways. If you're a PvE tourist going to WvW just for the mount, then yeah you'll have a bad time.

Tough luck.

Ok fanboys,calm down,no need to get upset

First of all and most important,not everyone had enough of time getting potions,because not everyone started playing same moment you did.

Saving potions is actually game breaking,because you are in advantage over someone who actually just started playing.I am sure they gonna fix that.

Strider Pj.2193 : But you didn’t want to hear that, that’s right.. Sorry for that. Oh and.. pssst; boosters! Here is the requisite; Join a WvW guild, they will help you, it becomes easier that way.

1)Sir,you are correct.2)It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible3)I would never let others play game for me,like some players do,you for an example.

steki.1478My dear boy,you didn't even bother reading what i wrote,why bother replying?

Doug.4930Learn how to read.Nowhere i said mounts are broken,but i think you made mistake and ended up in wrong topic.

With all corrections that have been made,because people don't know how to read

There's simply not enough people playing wvw Because i mostly did it solo.Only squad i was able to find in 16 hours was Angel's and he was in game for about 4 hours.Lack of people is not an issue,im just responding to certain people who cant comprehend simple things.

And again for those who know HOW to read

While completing mount collection (even tho why is this biggest issue should be obvious for those who actually read,rather than look at the topic and proceed to troll) Biggest issue is that you follow other players who have mounts like dog.You are late for everything.Late for caps,for champion kills,you get easily intercept by enemy players,tp to wp,run back just to encounter same thing,for 16 hours straight.

2)Masteries...It took me 16 hours to get to level 11,do i really have to spend over 200 hours just to unlock Warclaw masteries only?Compared to pve collection,this seems overtuned.

3)(Which i forgot to add)Gliding,i already spent 10 days unlocking it fully,do i really have to spend same that amount,doing world vs world 'pvp' to be able to unlock something i already have?

Thank you Arena Net staff for taking your time and reading topic.Trolls above aside,i wish you did something to make it to at least be somewhat welcoming to newbies and world vs world vs world beginners?

Keep in mind while mountless for which u need to spend countless hours obtaining (AS A BEGINNER) being gank target is inevitable.If you want Mount achieves done,you gotta be in group,but you cant follow people at all.So by the time you reach them on active map,you die couple times by opposite faction,and finally in 3-4 attempts,you finally reach your group,just to realize they already took objectives you needed for achievements.Rinse and repeat,until you get lucky,which i did after couple hours.

And i did it,and now i have it,bought all skins for it,but i don't want issue to stop with me getting mount.I want you to listen and read please,find a way to make newbies and newcomers feel actually welcomed,because i really don't want no one else to experience things i did.

@Ghetx.1752 said:Ok fanboys,calm down,no need to get upset

First of all and most important,not everyone had enough of time getting potions,because not everyone started playing same moment you did.

Saving potions is actually game breaking,because you are in advantage over someone who actually just started playing.I am sure they gonna fix that.

Strider Pj.2193 : But you didn’t want to hear that, that’s right.. Sorry for that. Oh and.. pssst; boosters! Here is the requisite; Join a WvW guild, they will help you, it becomes easier that way.

1)Sir,you are correct.2)It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible3)I would never let others play game for me,like some players do,you for an example.

steki.1478My dear boy,you didn't even bother reading what i wrote,why bother replying?

Doug.4930Learn how to read.Nowhere i said mounts are broken,but i think you made mistake and ended up in wrong topic.

Ahh.. so you asked for help?

You looked at the other threads on this topic, likely 5-10 in the past 4 months?

I think, the last time I checked, this is a MMORPG with the internet of working together?

I have a small havoc group I run with. It’s kinda fun actually.

Of course, I’d like the mount deleted from WvW, but to say it took you 16 hours to unlock the mount?

That’s... bordering on .. well... I guess you can figure that out.

How does getting ‘help’ play the game for you? I guess you are a solo raider too? But hey, continue to complain and ignore the countless people that have

• offered tips for solo players
  • Worked to assist players by allowing them to get to objectives when asked
  • Assisted them in other maps to get it

Good luck to you sir. You’ll need it.

I hear you, dude. I spent my entire weekend working on getting the mount and even then I only unlocked it this morning. Running behind a zerg and being picked off as you're left behind, only to have to run across the entire map again was tedious at best.I'm a returning player, I don't have potions stored up for rewards track, I actually dislike WVW but am a completionist so this sucked royally.
Oh, and I got kicked from zerg squad for running my main (a ranger) and wasn't allowed back in until I switched to my scourge. Talk about elitist.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Sorry to hear that. I would suggest staying away from Raids then, as if you aren’t geared correctly or on a proper spec you’ll get kicked as well.

There are so many achievements and skins locked behind raids and wvw that having other players gatekeep in this way really affects casual players as a whole. I guarantee I play my Ranger better than any of my elite specc'd classes simply because I've had the time to invest in her. My other characters don't have the gear or playtime that she has, and I don't have the time to learn some 'meta' class that I ultimately hate just for some achievements.

In before someone says 'get gud' (◔_◔)

@FatalKiwi.6794 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Sorry to hear that. I would suggest staying away from Raids then, as if you aren’t geared correctly or on a proper spec you’ll get kicked as well.

There are so many achievements and skins locked behind raids and wvw that having other players gatekeep in this way really affects casual players as a whole. I guarantee I play my Ranger better than any of my elite specc'd classes simply because I've had the time to invest in her. My other characters don't have the gear or playtime that she has, and I don't have the time to learn some 'meta' class that I ultimately hate just for some achievements.

But to ask a commander, who has a comp in mind, to allow someone in that, boons wise provides little to no benefit, and has the potential to pull boons away from others., That’s not elitist. That’s smart.

And you picked a class that is potentially fast. Given you are unlocking Warclaw, you have access to soulbeast.... the eagle and Greatsword should provide you with the ability to keep up. If it doesn’t.... then maybe you don’t understand your class quite as well as you think?

@Ghetx.1752 said:Nice mount.Non aggressive looking compared to others.Even kitten Jerry Springer looks like bunny from hell.Starclaw skin,epic,no other words.Collection on the other hand...It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible.Ok,you gotta farm if u want nice things but...

1)Biggest issue is that you follow other players who have mounts like dog.You are late for everything.Late for caps,for champion kills,you get easily intercept by enemy players,tp to wp,run back just to encounter same thing,for 16 hours straight.Yeah, a lot of people agree with you. Warclaw does little to nothing to improve actual gameplay, it just lets you run around to look at people faster.

2)Masteries...It took me 16 hours to get to level 11,do i really have to spend over 200 hours just to unlock Warclaw masteries only?why do you care about wvw masteries if you never play wvw? They dont carry over to pve.

INB4 'i did it in 2 hours'i did it in 10 minutes.I am not interested in people who completed this task in 7-8 hours,who got carried by whole guilds,people who played with friends etc...If you are playing wvw for the solo grind i think you might not understand the appeal/reason of the gamemode.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@Ghetx.1752 said:Nice mount.Non aggressive looking compared to others.Even kitten Jerry Springer looks like bunny from hell.Starclaw skin,epic,no other words.Collection on the other hand...It took me 16 hours with all buffs possible.Ok,you gotta farm if u want nice things but...

1)Biggest issue is that you follow other players who have mounts like dog.You are late for everything.Late for caps,for champion kills,you get easily intercept by enemy players,tp to wp,run back just to encounter same thing,for 16 hours straight.Yeah, a lot of people agree with you. Warclaw does little to nothing to improve actual gameplay, it just lets you run around to look at people faster.

2)Masteries...It took me 16 hours to get to level 11,do i really have to spend over 200 hours just to unlock Warclaw masteries only?why do you care about wvw masteries if you never play wvw? They dont carry over to pve.

INB4 'i did it in 2 hours'i did it in 10 minutes.I am not interested in people who completed this task in 7-8 hours,who got carried by whole guilds,people who played with friends etc...If you are playing wvw for the solo grind i think you might not understand the appeal/reason of the gamemode.

hey man people enjoy WvW for a variety of reasons... I actually prefer solo roaming because it makes the supposed open world pvp experience more dangerous and challenging.. or it did before mounts anyway.

Anet did make it exceptionally easy to enter WvW. Someone in all green gear whose half decent could take out someone in ascended gear any day. If you see someone with a visible tag, all it takes is a right click and join (which will solve the majority of newbies to WvW's problems).

The only people that are going to have issue with how WvW's rewards are structured are those just passing through for the shinies. For example, the level unlock for some gear. For many people who play WvW even semi-regularly, this isn't an issue, but a new person coming in hitting those ranks will seem impossible.

Warclaw however isn't meant for someone whose new to WvW who intends to try and obtain it on their own. You will get intercepted by other players going to objectives. They certainly won't be taking keeps by themselves. Objectives take time to take, plenty of time to get there before your buddies bust in. Many commanders also stop while waiting for their tails to catch up (provided you're in their squad), but prepare to bring a class even semi-useful in proper gear.

You know how Anet could make raids and fractals more intriguing to WvW or PvP players? Add each raid wing and fractal reward tracks to WvW.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

hey man people enjoy WvW for a variety of reasons... I actually prefer solo roaming because it makes the supposed open world pvp experience more dangerous and challenging.. or it did before mounts anyway.

I completely agree that solo roaming is a fun part of wvw. However, if your only goal is to farm reward tracks then i would say you are kind of missing the point of wvw.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I completely agree that solo roaming is a fun part of wvw. However, if your only goal is to farm reward tracks then i would say you are kind of missing the point of wvw.

well yea, if you're there for loot then you're in the wrong game mode lmao

Well said completely agree very big mistake adding the grind or Warclaw to wvw.. I gave up after seeing how hard it is to get.. and being left behind everytime without one.. No more WvW stupid idea adding them.

@FatalKiwi.6794 said:

And they wonder why no one wants to play these things heh..