How does chrono get 100% alacrity up time for party?

Firebeard.1746

At steady state(without continuum split), it can't replesh well of recall, well of recall gives 5s base, with 100% boon duration that's 10s. Signet of inspiration is only 3s and only effects boons team members already have, so that's 13s of alacrity every 16 (assuming 100% alac up time). You're 3 seconds short. There's about 4 rotations against every cs, so you would have to generate another 12 in the cs window. But that's not even correct because cs has an extra 5s for every 4 casts (3 ish if you have 100% alacrity uptime). I think Chrono barely falls short at 100% bd. This is kind of disappointing because i don't think alacrigade actually even requires 100% bd for 100% up time, in addition to the rotation being no where near as complex and their radius is larger.

I guess that sort of makes sense, You use SoI instead of mimic (at least that's snow crows). Mimic only gives you half the boon type as it repeats only one skill and it gets crazy long recharge. Okay let's use Cs and say somehow we can squeeze another well and SoI inside a cs (which by the way the chrono would have to time perfectly to get self benefit from, they would need to revert as soon as the well expires, and actually it couldn't get soi at all), you get 78 seconds on other people against the 84 you have to wait for cs, and you, yourself only get 51 seconds of that because of the way your alacrity works. So you have to build another 33 seconds or 11 shattered clones (actually more. Don't remember clone shatter duration).

I guess that may be thoeretically possible with the shield skill but requires very tight packing, very good clone management and teammates' coordination. Way more work and less damage against alacrigade (as alacrigade doesn't need as much conc). Not sure about quick brand side.

Tides of time gives 2 seconds of alacrity. Well of recall 5 and soi 3. With improved alacrity your CDs are shorter (not time×0,8 but time×0,66) so soi has 13,333 sec cd for example. Well of recall 16,66 (if i remember the cd right) and so on. Also in raids, you have second tides of time and second soi from other chrono.

Mimic is notused anymore (mostly)

In fractals, fb + rev are better because it is much easier and has better damage. In raids since you can have 2 chronos, alacrity is not a problem. I use 40 percent boon duration and we have 100 percent uptimes.

Fb needs ~15% bd and ren 78% to upkeep perma quickness/alacrity. With chrono, druid, ren, fb, war, 5 dps comp FB dont need any bd and ren can go lower too.

Standard rotation for chrono is:

1. Shield 4 on start of fight
  2. Sword 3
  3. ToT or TW into CS
  4. 2 clone CS drop both wells and SoI, CS ends
  5. ToT, both wells and SoI again

As mentioned by BoM, fractals have moved on to Firebrigade mostly. Otherwise solo chrono can provide around 40-50 seconds of both boons before one drops off without precast available now.

Raids should be a nonissue due to SoI from both chronos. Proper stacking or lack thereof will be the main factor for bad boon uptime (or the chrono messing up his rotation).