Plz dont "holosmith" any more professions

LaFurion.3167

Please dont do this again where you take an amazing profession with s high skill ceiling and simply add an "I win" button to it (photon forge) in the form of an elite spec.

I LOVED the engineer. It was my favourite profession. Yishis got me into engi in wvw and even to this day I watch his videos over and over and over again. But now core engineer simply cant compete with all the power crept elite specs that have been added in the game. And sure I coudl play holosmith too. But the power creep is so far that everybody can just blow me up. It's nolonger fights, but a rush to get abilities off first and kill first.

Sure, new mechanics are okay. I'm fine with barrier being added. I'm fine with new weapons for elite specs. What I dont like is invalidating the core specs and overpowering them over the years to the point where any person can blow up and essentially one shot any other person regardless of skill.

People deal way too much damage in wvw. It used to take coordination and timing to condi bomb somebody, or burst with power damage. Ridiculous damage modifiers wernt a thing. I miss heen thief backstab actually did something instead of hitting like a wet noodle. I miss when dead eye one shot for upwards of 20k damage didnt exist. I miss having to pull somebody from stealth on engineer then crowbar them for condi burst (which by the way was only 6 confusion, huge back in those days, laughable fart aoe damage in today's terms).

Please please dont do this with the next round of elite specs. At least for pvp and specially for wvw.

I realized long ago that skill no longer meant you could outplay 2 or 3 opponents if you played amazing, but I miss those days. Now scourge can just f1-f5 bomb and blow you up. Holosmith get a free 1 win button from photon forge that makes a mockery of core power engineer.

Since the gear in gw2 is locked to ascended quality, power creep has occured in the form of elite specs. And I hate it so much.

Look at what power reaper is compared to core power necro. Core necro just can't compete. Remember when lich form did huge auto attacks in the form of 2-3k damage? Now reaper shroud auto hits harder and faster than that. Ugh.

Please dont do this anymore. It's not fun.

I can relate.

After a year of playing core only in sPvP, it simply doesn't matter how good you play you will get outhealed and outgunned no matter what. Your only hope of winning is if the other player is bad, like really bad and do not dodge the obvious things.

There's nothing more frustrating than running full glass (marauder with scholar) and getting outtanked by a spec not even invested into healing power when you land every single burst on your bar. The only way to be a threat is to find a way to stack 25 might (which not every profession can do), but even then the dmg/s will be lower than that of any elite spec.

Which leads to every core spec wanting to be viable needs to triple down on damage, waving goodbye to any defensive traitlines making them even less unforgiving.

The only way, as far as I have discovered, for a core build to compete, is to do so by attrition. This means sure you will be doing 30% less damage than then in general, but if you can avoid their biggest pressure while keeping yours up, you have a shot. A good player will immediately counter that, which is why you cannot afford any inefficiency in your build. This means certain weapons are off-limits, certain skills and certain traits - they simply won't do.

The only real upside of playing core, is that because you need to tryhard so much, you quickly realise when an opponent got to their rating because of their build as they will make mistakes you cannot afford and that would have downed you - but no matter how bad they are, it's always a risk since you lack the elite defense.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that core can still be viable, but only as one highly specialized build for each profession. Given enough skill difference you can perform on par with elite specs, but it only gets harder as you climb. We also have to come to terms with the fact that some builds from the pre-HoT era that relied on sustain, simply do not work anymore as everyone do enough damage to whittle you down regardless, and all you get for the investment now is inferior damage output.

@"LaFurion.3167" said:Please dont do this again where you take an amazing profession with s high skill ceiling and simply add an "I win" button to it (photon forge) in the form of an elite spec.

I LOVED the engineer. It was my favourite profession. Yishis got me into engi in wvw and even to this day I watch his videos over and over and over again. But now core engineer simply cant compete with all the power crept elite specs that have been added in the game. And sure I coudl play holosmith too. But the power creep is so far that everybody can just blow me up. It's nolonger fights, but a rush to get abilities off first and kill first.

Sure, new mechanics are okay. I'm fine with barrier being added. I'm fine with new weapons for elite specs. What I dont like is invalidating the core specs and overpowering them over the years to the point where any person can blow up and essentially one shot any other person regardless of skill.

People deal way too much damage in wvw. It used to take coordination and timing to condi bomb somebody, or burst with power damage. Ridiculous damage modifiers wernt a thing. I miss heen thief backstab actually did something instead of hitting like a wet noodle. I miss when dead eye one shot for upwards of 20k damage didnt exist. I miss having to pull somebody from stealth on engineer then crowbar them for condi burst (which by the way was only 6 confusion, huge back in those days, laughable fart aoe damage in today's terms).

Please please dont do this with the next round of elite specs. At least for pvp and specially for wvw.

I realized long ago that skill no longer meant you could outplay 2 or 3 opponents if you played amazing, but I miss those days. Now scourge can just f1-f5 bomb and blow you up. Holosmith get a free 1 win button from photon forge that makes a mockery of core power engineer.

Since the gear in gw2 is locked to ascended quality, power creep has occured in the form of elite specs. And I hate it so much.

Look at what power reaper is compared to core power necro. Core necro just can't compete. Remember when lich form did huge auto attacks in the form of 2-3k damage? Now reaper shroud auto hits harder and faster than that. Ugh.

Please dont do this anymore. It's not fun.

And think, it's had flat damage nerfs multiple times, and is still overtuned.

@LaFurion.3167 said:Remember when lich form did huge auto attacks in the form of 2-3k damage? Now reaper shroud auto hits harder and faster than that. Ugh.Uh, lich did that low damage? If I dont remember wrong lich form easily hit for 6K+ damage on it's autoattack. That's why it was meta in WvW for heavy bombs. The reason it died off was because of condi gaining popularity and when Anet buffed reaper through the atmosphere with deathly chill well that was it for power.

But maybe I remember the glory days of WvW wrong. We where so young then.

Anet made players progress with elite specs, so they could advertise we don’t progress by armor progression, but What happens is we progress due elite powercreep and gimmicks, it’s how game works....

There’s will be always fallen back builds, due how devs feels how players need to play, and how strong they make the new low effort gameplay to make pve players and few others have the feel of needing new builds to overperform better, holosmith, firebrand and scourges are that. Classes that were poor designed and iterated to achieve that overperformance.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:Remember when lich form did huge auto attacks in the form of 2-3k damage? Now reaper shroud auto hits harder and faster than that. Ugh.Uh, lich did that low damage? If I dont remember wrong lich form easily hit for 6K+ damage on it's autoattack. That's why it was meta in WvW for heavy bombs. The reason it died off was because of condi gaining popularity and when Anet buffed reaper through the atmosphere with deathly chill well that was it for power.

But maybe I remember the glory days of WvW wrong. We where so young then.

Yeah it probably was higher, my bad. But it was an elite skill coupled with autos that put out such high damage. Nowadays that damage is laughable, and with skills like deaths judgement doing entire hp bars, not only one shotting people but also effectively negating gear and builds such as toughness tanks. I know people with 3k toughness in their builds that have been blown out of the water by the damage in the game. And it all started with elite specs.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet made players progress with elite specs, so they could advertise we don’t progress by armor progression, but What happens is we progress due elite powercreep and gimmicks, it’s how game works....

There’s will be always fallen back builds, due how devs feels how players need to play, and how strong they make the new low effort gameplay to make pve players and few others have the feel of needing new builds to overperform better, holosmith, firebrand and scourges are that. Classes that were poor designed and iterated to achieve that overperformance.

Yep. Remember when blast finishers in water fields mattered? Lol jk this elite spec can do copious amounts of healing. Dont worry just play we got you with our absurd amounts of condi cleanse and healing.

It's also diluted game play. So whereas people used to have to take condi cleanse for their builds they dont any more. And its pushed the game to the trinity that gw2 has stayed away from ot not been a part of. And cos most specs are bring pushed that way, the dps do moreeee dps. Heals so moreee heals per second. Its power creep.

@"Sviel.7493" said:The WvW team doesn't have any control over this so it would probably be better in the profession forum.

Looking at balance changes, I highly doubt it.Yet some people still defend this kind of gameplay and hide behind "L2P" or "gitgut" and that's why it will only be worse and worse...I'm even worried about next e-speces, after all things like firebrand, chronomancer, scourge, holosmith and others are already over the top, so the question is "How to make next e-speces to be even more stronger than the current ones? Is that even possible?"

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet made players progress with elite specs, so they could advertise we don’t progress by armor progression, but What happens is we progress due elite powercreep and gimmicks, it’s how game works....

Yep. Remember when blast finishers in water fields mattered? Lol jk this elite spec can do copious amounts of healing. Dont worry just play we got you with our absurd amounts of condi cleanse and healing.

Anet comented some years ago they didn’t wanted players to organize blasts, since blast should occur due normal and random gameplay.

I think the boon spam meta it’s what they tough of clever and natural gameplay, during gw1 eotm Anet stated they needed a new game to continue developing he series since the gw1 skill system and shouts, echoes, hexes, boons and many others,and all the other amazing segmentation of skill types was not what Anet wanted for future, they stated they wanted a uniformed boon structure wich was obvious everything and every class ends spamming the same thing and would result on boon stacking massively, was a bad design by Default, and if they had a lot of effort on balancing gw1 with a good skill design, it’s impensable they could present a good pvp game with what telheybwanted to donfor gw2.

Imo gw2 has proven gw1 skill type and category and it’s counters system provides a way more skillful gameplay with space to learn than what this game offers with its low effort high performance vs each other as excuse for balance.

Imo converting some boons back to something else besides “it’s boon” would be a decent way to balance some of the power creep, we need less boons that is a fact this is a bad design.Shouts need to be shouts, as much some can provide some boon shouts need to stay a icon on affected players with a direct effect same for stances and other utilities types.

Make same type of utilities not stacking on already affected allies contrary to the everything is boon and comes just from a skill with different name stacking, it easilly gets out of control, imo this a game self kill in its design, imo it more than proven that is a bad design.