Revenant in PvP

Virdo.1540

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@otto.5684 said:I think that Anet slightly over nerfed power rev, but it is still okay. I think that nerfing the fury bonus from 40% to 30% was not the right way to go, but reducing the might stacking was good change (and waiting for this to be done to all classes. But Anet needs 50 patches to fix kitten).

My issues with rev is lack of any other build but the shiro/glint power burst build.

Condi rev? Dead.Renegade? Even worse.A bruiser build using shield and/or jailis? Mediocre.Support? Mediocre.

And this has been the case since.. 3+ years now.

Depends for random encounters with no organized groups/players it’s harder outside few gimmicks, or if You are with queueing with a team.

Overall I liked to play herald ventari it was fun how some even /laugh but could not kill me or I delayed home waiting for help, could also support team in middle, after that came the rage like omg noob build from enemy comments cause I was healing my team on point or could use ventari dome to avoid ranger spikes, Diamond/gold players should not make those rashly comments....

I did a queue with 2 other members from guild one fb and and a SpellB that resulted in the enemy runing a 3-4 one group to actually try to kill us, but at first was the same laught on ventari then the rage due well timed spikes heals or damage negation with ventari dome.

Still I found difficult since some skills will bypass the herald heal activation and will cause u damage rather than heal you on damage received. Mostly from holos skills.

Not sure what this means, if anything.

I could take any semi synergistic guardian (my main) build to P1. Does that means that it is competitive?! Fuck no. And ya, ventari support is serviceable, but competitive? Not even remotely.

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:I think that Anet slightly over nerfed power rev, but it is still okay. I think that nerfing the fury bonus from 40% to 30% was not the right way to go, but reducing the might stacking was good change (and waiting for this to be done to all classes. But Anet needs 50 patches to fix kitten).

My issues with rev is lack of any other build but the shiro/glint power burst build.

Condi rev? Dead.Renegade? Even worse.A bruiser build using shield and/or jailis? Mediocre.Support? Mediocre.

And this has been the case since.. 3+ years now.

Depends for random encounters with no organized groups/players it’s harder outside few gimmicks, or if You are with queueing with a team.

Overall I liked to play herald ventari it was fun how some even /laugh but could not kill me or I delayed home waiting for help, could also support team in middle, after that came the rage like omg noob build from enemy comments cause I was healing my team on point or could use ventari dome to avoid ranger spikes, Diamond/gold players should not make those rashly comments....

I did a queue with 2 other members from guild one fb and and a SpellB that resulted in the enemy runing a 3-4 one group to actually try to kill us, but at first was the same laught on ventari then the rage due well timed spikes heals or damage negation with ventari dome.

Still I found difficult since some skills will bypass the herald heal activation and will cause u damage rather than heal you on damage received. Mostly from holos skills.

Not sure what this means, if anything.

I could take any semi synergistic guardian (my main) build to P1. Does that means that it is competitive?! kitten no. And ya, ventari support is serviceable, but competitive? Not even remotely.

Ventari isn’t competitive cause spvp is play best burst with surviability builds with some powercreep window aka gimmicks and ventari is most for team gameplay wich spvp fails a bit, bedsides team rotation between points.

This is one of gw2 pvp failures, balance kills decent team gameplay towards certain offensive gameplay with builds that carry player to overperformance of its real level.

Gw2 balance idiology and class design is awfull for players that search a decent pvp game.

If Anet increased the radios/range a bit of ventari tablet and a few more tweacks I could see it working way better.

Increase the range of some skills, the big heal due it’s short radios and range will miss targets, ground will make ventari heal fail to heal ally as well.Reduce tablet recolocation to 2 sec.Improve the ventari elite.

In terms of sustain it can be really seted up in a bulky way, but won’t be as much bulky and damage as some class can really be with certain gimmicks builds.Ventari need very small improvements since it is a balanced class in a unbalanced gameplay.

This entire post is a joke. Rev has had the strongest spike, sustained pressure, chase potential, and mobility for the past 6+ months and out does every other roamer. It knocked thief out of competitive meta and in the right hands can kill anything with ease. Sure holo is a decent pugstomper when farming lower rated players in ranked who can't react, but when you watch high lvl players face off the only roamer you will consistently see is rev because nothing can stick on a target and spike it down the way rev can. Thief lacks dmg and is terrible in teamfights, holo is easily baited by terrain,reflects, and port jukes because it lacks chase potential. The only builds that can out spike a rev are niche one shot specs like deadeye, sic em ranger, berserker mantra mesmer etc. Due to the nature of those builds they can only do 1 thing(the spike) and have no sustain, or sustained pressure especially when being focused unlike rev. Rev has insane sustain and the ability to simply reset and jump right back with a deathstrike or shiro port when favorable. Its spike and sustain still need nerfs especially with the changes coming to necro next patch.

But haHA rev no spike xd

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:This entire post is a joke. Rev has had the strongest spike, sustained pressure, chase potential, and mobility for the past 6+ months and out does every other roamer. It knocked thief out of competitive meta and in the right hands can kill anything with ease. Sure holo is a decent pugstomper when farming lower rated players in ranked who can't react, but when you watch high lvl players face off the only roamer you will consistently see is rev because nothing can stick on a target and spike it down the way rev can. Thief lacks dmg and is terrible in teamfights, holo is easily baited by terrain,reflects, and port jukes because it lacks chase potential. The only builds that can out spike a rev are niche one shot specs like deadeye, sic em ranger, berserker mantra mesmer etc. Due to the nature of those builds they can only do 1 thing(the spike) and have no sustain, or sustained pressure especially when being focused unlike rev. Rev has insane sustain and the ability to simply reset and jump right back with a deathstrike or shiro port when favorable. Its spike and sustain still need nerfs especially with the changes coming to necro next patch.

But haHA rev no spike xd

"It knocked thief out of competitive meta"Didnt knew rev is meta.. Oh wait, its not.But thief is

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:O dmg at all, stop using bunker amulets then

well then u obviously count marauder as bunker lol

May be equip a weapon or something then lol. Revs have been nerfed (like all in the past) but saying it has 0 dmg is complete nonsense.

If its just compared to classes with immunities ,like warr or ranger etc, Then its doing damage-&movement-wise pretty low.We dont have +20k dmg skills that have an extremely low cd or so

@Virdo.1540 said:

May be equip a weapon or something then lol. Revs have been nerfed (like all in the past) but saying it has 0 dmg is complete nonsense.

If its just compared to classes with immunities ,like warr or ranger etc, Then its doing damage-&movement-wise pretty low.We dont have +20k dmg skills that have an extremely low cd or so

Point is, no class should be doing that at all.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Point is, no class should be doing that at all.

thats something im agreeing with u.Sniper, War GS, Maul from ranger are too strong,with too low cd and thats why im confused everyone calling rev so great. For example Warriors can run way quicker from A to B and just spam their CC until they kill someone with their F1. Same goes for the tactics of the other ones

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:This entire post is a joke. Rev has had the strongest spike, sustained pressure, chase potential, and mobility for the past 6+ months and out does every other roamer. It knocked thief out of competitive meta and in the right hands can kill anything with ease. Sure holo is a decent pugstomper when farming lower rated players in ranked who can't react, but when you watch high lvl players face off the only roamer you will consistently see is rev because nothing can stick on a target and spike it down the way rev can. Thief lacks dmg and is terrible in teamfights, holo is easily baited by terrain,reflects, and port jukes because it lacks chase potential. The only builds that can out spike a rev are niche one shot specs like deadeye, sic em ranger, berserker mantra mesmer etc. Due to the nature of those builds they can only do 1 thing(the spike) and have no sustain, or sustained pressure especially when being focused unlike rev. Rev has insane sustain and the ability to simply reset and jump right back with a deathstrike or shiro port when favorable. Its spike and sustain still need nerfs especially with the changes coming to necro next patch.

But haHA rev no spike xd

"It knocked thief out of competitive meta"Didnt knew rev is meta.. Oh wait, its not.But thief is

Rev Isn't Meta? What the hell are you talking about? Rev Has replaced SD thief for almost a year.

FB/Necro/Rev/Mesmer/ option of a solid side noder is what the Meta has been for a LONG time.

These nerfs coming into play and Leaving a lot of other specs mainly unchecked isn't helping the balance at all. The top Power Dps specs for next meta going to be Ranger/Rev/Holo/Mesmer. Rev and Mesmer probably being S tier while Holo and Ranger going to be A tier at best....

My dude you need to revisit some Monthly Videos that has been Cast in Eu and Na before you make some really dumb comments like you have within this thread. Next Rank Season the 3 most Played Specs are going to be Holo, Rev and Condi Thief.

@Ouk.5914 said:

But haHA rev no spike xd

Rev Isn't Meta? What the hell are you talking about? Rev Has replaced SD thief for almost a year.

FB/Necro/Rev/Mesmer/ option of a solid side noder is what the Meta has been for a LONG time.

These nerfs coming into play and Leaving a lot of other specs mainly unchecked isn't helping the balance at all. The top Power Dps specs for next meta going to be Ranger/Rev/Holo/Mesmer. Rev and Mesmer probably being S tier while Holo and Ranger going to be A tier at best....

My dude you need to revisit some Monthly Videos that has been Cast in Eu and Na before you make some really dumb comments like you have within this thread. Next Rank Season the 3 most Played Specs are going to be Holo, Rev and Condi Thief.

tbh almost every 20th match or so in plat+ there is a rev, not more...if lucky lol