How do you get mats for your legendary?

Sleepwalker.1398

This question is mainly for players who have completed 1 or 2 full sets and are working on 2nd or 3rd set.I have completed my first set and made 1/6 on my 2nd set.Just wondering if you buy the mats for (Gift of condensed magic / might) off TP or go farming pve.I have the other items but these are the ones i'm always in need of.Just looking for some tips.Thanks in advance.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:This question is mainly for players who have completed 1 or 2 full sets and are working on 2nd or 3rd set.I have completed my first set and made 1/6 on my 2nd set.Just wondering if you buy the mats for (Gift of condensed magic / might) off TP or go farming pve.I have the other items but these are the ones i'm always in need of.Just looking for some tips.Thanks in advance.

Do 'living world season 4' reward tracks, Grand the currency in Final reward, consume and buy trophy shipments...except for the goe and Dungeon tokens everything Will come in time

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:This question is mainly for players who have completed 1 or 2 full sets and are working on 2nd or 3rd set.I have completed my first set and made 1/6 on my 2nd set.Just wondering if you buy the mats for (Gift of condensed magic / might) off TP or go farming pve.I have the other items but these are the ones i'm always in need of.Just looking for some tips.Thanks in advance.

As I am working on my third set :have light and medium done

Gold. Bought them...

Laurels give a lot of the ‘medium’ and expensive mats you need. (Most profitable exchange of laurels currently)

But having made multiple legendary weapons and sold several for gold, I tend to stockpile the mats. The crafting and selling legendary weapons has given me the gold to work through the armor.

Dungeon tokens you can save up for with your daily potions.... unless you enjoy the dungeons and don't have trouble getting groups together.

OP you may as well be asking what the most profitable farm is. Directly farming those mats is long and tedious (except for the dust that you salvage from ectos). WvW has poor gold per hour, but that's made up for by being more fun than grind farming Silverwastes. If you have the $$ just buy gems, convert, and bid the mats off TP. If you have the time instead of cash, you're best served pinching your nose and doing some PVE farming to get the gold you need.

@sephiroth.4217 said:sell my loot and use the funds to buy what I need.this is my approach lately.

Before Warclaw and the removal of team queue in PvP I would use the credit card and buy it outright to support Anet but my money doesn't count because oNlY pVE pLaYeRs SpEnD mOnEy oN tHe gAmE.

Our money never counted, we were just slow to comprehend. After all, we're really into pve.

I don't, anymore. I built two from my initial character.

Since then I would rather put my delicate parts over a cheese grater than do world completion again. That seems to be the big hurdle for most WvW-players that I know. PvE players sometimes complain about the gift from WvW but the time and effort required is laughable in difference.

My proposed Gift of Exploration Reward Track would unlock hearts, the same way books of heroics unlock hero points.

Full completion of the repeatable track would unlock 60 random hearts for that toon. I think 5 reward tracks for doing something you enjoy is a fair tradeoff.

With the godforsaken hearts out of the way, as well as hero points you can buy, the only PVE part left is running the maps and connecting the dots. You know, "Exploration."