Death's Carapace speculation

Anchoku.8142

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:I mean I don’t get it...why would you want a spec that’s supposed to make you tanky not draw Aggro from toughness?

Death magic is not a DPS spec...why would you run it in raids if the meta is pure zerk dps?

I think it stems from that theres a trait making deaths carapace grant up to 300 power at full stacks.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:I mean I don’t get it...why would you want a spec that’s supposed to make you tanky not draw Aggro from toughness?

Death magic is not a DPS spec...why would you run it in raids if the meta is pure zerk dps?

I think it stems from that theres a trait making deaths carapace grant up to 300 power at full stacks.

Which in itself is just a rework of the old trait which gave 7%/14% power from toughness.

I don’t see how this is an applicable reason to think you’d take death magic for a damage build? Especially when said damage build relies on their being aggro control with a no toughness requirement.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Otherwise, Carapace is an intentional nerf to delay and prorate DM benefits based on 10 second trailing condition output rate.

Mostly a question of whether it refreshes its duration upon application if this is good or not. Most unique effects do.

Each stack will have a 10 second duration according to the notes so buffs will roll off within 10 sec and need constant refreshing.

You may have imagined it would be like adrenaline where you get a short grace period before it begins to decay.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Otherwise, Carapace is an intentional nerf to delay and prorate DM benefits based on 10 second trailing condition output rate.

Mostly a question of whether it refreshes its duration upon application if this is good or not. Most unique effects do.

Each stack will have a 10 second duration according to the notes so buffs will roll off within 10 sec and need constant refreshing.

You may have imagined it would be like adrenaline where you get a short grace period before it begins to decay.

Pretty sure he means like kallas fervor or attackers insight

It will most likely count for PvE aggro and be left out for food buffs. Like every other things working this way.

Seriously, I would like to say that this "rework" is disappointing, but since it end up exactly how I imagined it would end up, I can't. Truth be told, ANet lived to my expectation of mediocrity here.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Is it possible the toughness granted by Death's Carapace will not be counted in the aggro calculations?

I have not thought of any other (good) reason for its introduction.

Otherwise, Carapace is an intentional nerf to delay and prorate DM benefits based on 10 second trailing condition output rate.

It should we had a tank once in raids and a firebrand who was maybe 100 ish points of toughness below what was suppose to be our fixate in sub group 2Any time he used the tome skill that granted 300 toughness to everyone the fixate would change to him.

So im pretty sure bosses will change fixate on players who are given a stat like toughness from effects like Deaths's Carapace

I think toughness applied by effects will work here but that in itself is a problem to why necro wont be able to tank properly.Anytime you stop attacking or cannot attack if your stacks fall off you lose your toughness which can possible cause others to have become the fixate ideally... a necro who wants to tank with this idea still needs to invest in toughness to not risk dropping fixate during phases and other wild transitions that may happen on bosses that happen to fixate via toughness.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:It will most likely count for PvE aggro and be left out for food buffs. Like every other things working this way.

Seriously, I would like to say that this "rework" is disappointing, but since it end up exactly how I imagined it would end up, I can't. Truth be told, ANet lived to my expectation of mediocrity here.

hue i am disappointed with you not sure why i had hope.