Each Specialization should have a unique effect mechanic to keep things balanced

Knighthonor.4061

I like the recent changes to some of the specializations in the upcoming balance patch.

Talking about Specializations here, not to be confused with Elite Specs.

Like the new effect called Death's Carapace in Death Magic Specialization, it adds a new mechanical effect to playing the Necromancer when using this specialization. This way this specialization can be balanced and tuned around this effect.

Now if each Specialization had its own unique passive effect mechanic like this, it can better be regulated and tuned and allow players to build up power or disperse power over time instead of being amped up from the start of combat to the end.

I believe each class and their specializations should have stuff like this.Revenant Renegades already have something similar to this suggestion.

@derd.6413 said:that'd just homogenize everything

I think they were talking about introducing unique mechanic to each class via spec trees, not necessarily giving these two mechanics to other professions.

So yeah, I am all in favour of applying this method to other professions. But by this pacing it will take them around 20 months to do so. So yeah...

@kasoki.5180 said:

@derd.6413 said:that'd just homogenize everything

I think they were talking about introducing unique mechanic to each class via spec trees, not necessarily giving these two mechanics to other professions.yes but no,given that each spec already gives unique passives (namely traits) allthis did is make a trailine balanced around a unique effect that's to class specific to be put on a rune or sigil which is fine for some traitlines but you can't do that for all 45 specs without making it a completely homogenized system