Jhavi Jorasdottir

Zola.6197

I’m curious to learn more of her. No doubt we will in the coming Saga, and it seems a sealed deal that she was part of Braham’s attempt at Destiny’s Edge 2.0.

What do we really know of her life and personality? Her deeds? The wiki is pretty sparse, and I honestly forgot she existed until recently.

I know she’s a necromancer, which is interesting to me. I just default norn to heavier professions.

Thoughts, theories, details? I don’t know if her wielding a shield in the trailer is significant, but it would be a neat hint at a new elite spec or even simply a new off hand option.

by our short contact with her in Vigil Keep, shes seems a "spiritualized" person, i hope they maintain it.

The whisperings from the Mists grow more urgent with each passing day. I hear your name from time to time.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jhavi_Jorasdottir

on a top 10 promising characters in this saga, shes easily ranked as 2nd behind bangar..to be honest i like all Vigil, i hope Laranthir of the Wild make a appearence too.

Vigil, Necromancer, a heir of a legend, spiritualized, how could someone be so perfect? Shes could perfectly be the wife of the commander.

@ugrakarma.9416I was with you on everything until that last sentence lol.

She does seem intriguing for the reasons you list though. If she’s anyone’s love interest, it would likely be Braham’s. The parallels to their stories are too perfect (being overshadowed by an ancestor’s legend). Even then I’m not sure I want the writers to go that route, but the idea of a sweeping epic romance weaving throughout the saga is a notion I could get behind.

@"Svennis.3852" said:@"ugrakarma.9416"I was with you on everything until that last sentence lol.

She does seem intriguing for the reasons you list though. If she’s anyone’s love interest, it would likely be Braham’s. The parallels to their stories are too perfect (being overshadowed by an ancestor’s legend). Even then I’m not sure I want the writers to go that route, but the idea of a sweeping epic romance weaving throughout the saga is a notion I could get behind.

I was joking lol :) i guess it would be problematic "marry" anyone to the commander due to vast playerbase personal tastes, and even if it happen by some choice, theres the 2nd problem of Anet struggle with mechanics when come to implement choices in history.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

I’m curious to learn more of her. No doubt we will in the coming Saga, and it seems a sealed deal that she was part of Braham’s attempt at Destiny’s Edge 2.0.

Last thing we know, Jhavi Jorasdottir is one of the top military figures in the Vigil. Why would she leave her duty and join Braham’s guild, even temporarily?

@Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:

Last thing we know, Jhavi Jorasdottir is one of the top military figures in the Vigil. Why would she leave her duty and join Braham’s guild, even temporarily?

It’s been stated she feels overshadowed by Jora’s legacy. What better way to step out of that than to be one of the norn who defeated Jormag?

Besides, there’s vigil presence in the Shiverpeaks, and Braham even stated he left his party at a vigil outpost. It wouldn’t be a far stretch at all for her to have been part of Braham’s failed “guild.” It could easily be written off as a vigil assignment, or she could’ve taken some kind of leave.

The orders are devoted to the struggle against the dragons, so it’s entirely plausible a Vigil member would be sanctioned to pursue this kind of thing.

@"Svennis.3852" said:If she’s anyone’s love interest, it would likely be Braham’s. The parallels to their stories are too perfect (being overshadowed by an ancestor’s legend). Even then I’m not sure > I want the writers to go that route, but the idea of a sweeping epic romance weaving throughout the saga is a notion I could get behind.

if she had interest in braham it will make her poor. Braham is a sinking ship, hes too idiotic.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:by our short contact with her in Vigil Keep, shes seems a "spiritualized" person, i hope they maintain it.

The whisperings from the Mists grow more urgent with each passing day. I hear your name from time to time.

on a top 10 promising characters in this saga, shes easily ranked as 2nd behind bangar..to be honest i like all Vigil, i hope Laranthir of the Wild make a appearence too.

Vigil, Necromancer, a heir of a legend, spiritualized, how could someone be so perfect? Shes could perfectly be the wife of the commander.

She’ll end up with Braham, calling it now. She may have been written with that in mind the entire time

@"Fenom.9457" said:She’ll end up with Braham, calling it now. She may have been written with that in mind the entire timeI strongly doubt that. She's been in the game since launch, while Braham didn't "exist" until Frost and Flame. I can't remember if it was February or March when we got Braham and Rox's intro stories, but January was mostly repairing signposts for refugees. It's just Jhavi hasn't done anything since players first found her.@"Svennis.3852" said:

@"Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324" said:Last thing we know, Jhavi Jorasdottir is one of the top military figures in the Vigil. Why would she leave her duty and join Braham’s guild, even temporarily?

It’s been stated she feels overshadowed by Jora’s legacy. What better way to step out of that than to be one of the norn who defeated Jormag?

Besides, there’s vigil presence in the Shiverpeaks, and Braham even stated he left his party at a vigil outpost. It wouldn’t be a far stretch at all for her to have been part of Braham’s failed “guild.” It could easily be written off as a vigil assignment, or she could’ve taken some kind of leave.

The orders are devoted to the struggle against the dragons, so it’s entirely plausible a Vigil member would be sanctioned to pursue this kind of thing.To build on top of that, the Vigil in particular is about fighting the Dragons head-on. If someone was going to kill a dragon, at least one member of the Vigil would want to be there on-hand to witness to the attack on Jormag and report back on the results. I don't know how well spread Taimi's revelation that killing the elder dragons is destabilizing Tyria's magic balance, but Almorra as one of the senior members of the Pact would probably be aware, even if she's still determined to kill them all. Besides, if you're going to send someone to "spy" on a guild of norn, Jorasdottir seems like the best choice for such a mission.

I'll admit, I was slightly disappointed she didn't appear in the prologue, but considering the story for why we were in Grothmar, I suppose I understand. Still, there are lots of non-charr there who aren't part of our party. I guess she might brief us on the situation in the Far Shiverpeaks when we finally make our way in there.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:She’ll end up with Braham, calling it now. She may have been written with that in mind the entire timeI strongly doubt that. She's been in the game since launch, while Braham didn't "exist" until Frost and Flame. I can't remember if it was February or March when we got Braham and Rox's intro stories, but January was mostly repairing signposts for refugees. It's just Jhavi hasn't done anything since players first found her.

yeah, but like many Pact "important" figures shes like a ghost/once time appearence. also theres this "vigil leader" thats almost a ghost too. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lord_Rodrigo_of_Cormoch

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:She’ll end up with Braham, calling it now. She may have been written with that in mind the entire timeI strongly doubt that. She's been in the game since launch, while Braham didn't "exist" until Frost and Flame. I can't remember if it was February or March when we got Braham and Rox's intro stories, but January was mostly repairing signposts for refugees. It's just Jhavi hasn't done anything since players first found her.

yeah, but like many Pact "important" figures shes like a ghost/once time appearence. also theres this "vigil leader" thats almost a ghost too.

Yeah the wiki has so little on her I didn’t even know when she was added. All there is was dialogue about hearing our name in the mists so I assumed it was from the kralkatorrik portals current events. In any case she’s pretty much a blank slate that could go anywhere they want

@Fenom.9457 said:Yeah the wiki has so little on her I didn’t even know when she was added. All there is was dialogue about hearing our name in the mists so I assumed it was from the kralkatorrik portals current events. In any case she’s pretty much a blank slate that could go anywhere they want

i guess this lines about the mists is where we visit the Vigil Headquarters and talk to her, ....... but its is a vague memory im not 100% sure about it.

• 11 months later...

@"Svennis.3852" said:Where do you expect Jhavi will end up when IBS is all said and done? Leader of the vigil? Member of DW? Queen in the North? :p

Dead or second in command of the Vigil. Laranthir, as Grand Warmaster, is still Jhavi's superior and should be the General once he returns to duty, replacing Almorra. Jhavi is merely a Warmaster, but a highly respected one and one of the founders of the Vigil alongside Laranthir, Almorra, Efut, and Rodrigo. Since Rodrigo and Efut haven't been involved in the plot, it's unlikely they'll take Laranthir's position, so Jhavi becoming the new Grand Warmaster is likely.