Desperate here. Need help with patch problem. You get something from gemstore if you can really help

Hello there,

So since the latest patch came out (Icebrood Sage) I could not patch the game fully. I could start the story but not enter the helicopter then I have the hourglass telling me it's downloading which it's not, because it's stuck.I'll show you two pictures via imgur if that's okay with you.Also I did something stupid. I used teleport to friend on my main character and now she's stuck in the new map's loadingscreen.My internet conncection is fine. It's "just" that I cannot patch any games. I've never had this problem before.I've heard about VPN, but I don't know how to use it. You're talking to a techincal dork here so please step by step as if you're talking to a child.

I tried repairing the client, but that wouldn't work at all. Also I tried contacting the support team, but haven't gotten any answer yet. (few days), which is not a problem.

Hope it works via imgur.https://imgur.com/5J0DmRn sometimes you see numbers at the bottom of the client telling you how many files are still to download.https://imgur.com/7HgKYsR mostly though I see this.

Also English isn't my first language. If someone can speak a bit German with me that'd be lovely.If there is someone who can really help me through this you will get something off the gemstore.

Happened one time to me where the client decided to stop updating at 99% and acted as if there are no more files to be downloaded, what I did was Open Run by Pressing Windows + R and type %appdata% or type it in Start menu search, it will redirect you to C:\Users{yourpcname}\AppData\Roaming, Delete Guild Wars 2 folder over there, it will force the client to updating and mostly fix most client issues including unable to connect to login server.

Close GW2 if it's open.

The long way. Skip to the next section if you want to simplify.

Hold the Windows key and press R to bring up the run dialog, then enter the following and press the enter/return key:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2

This should bring up a folder. Within this folder, delete Local.dat. Navigate to your Documents (or "My Documents") folder, then the Guild Wars 2 folder under it and look for another Local.dat in there and delete it if it exists. Note that deleting Local.dat will reset your hardware-related settings, which is mainly your remembered login and some sound and graphics settings.

In the folder's address bar, enter the following, then press enter (or you can do WindowsKey+R again):%temp%

In this folder, delete all folders beginning with gw2cache.

Open the run dialog (WindowsKey+R) and enter:cmd

This will open a command prompt. Enter the following (you can right click the command window to paste), then press enter:ipconfig /flushdns

The short way. Open a command prompt (cmd) and copy/paste the following, then press enter:

del "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat"del "%userprofile%\Documents\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat"cd %temp%for /f %i in ('dir /A:D /B gw2cache*') do rd /S /Q %iipconfig /flushdns

Right click your GW2 shortcut and select properties. This should bring up a properties window with the shortcut tab currently selected. Right click the first text box (the target), select all and copy it. Open the run dialog (WindowsKey+R) and paste it, then at the end, add a space and enter the following:-assetsrv 52.44.163.1

The whole line should look something like this, but with your own path:C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -assetsrv 52.44.163.1... or with quotes:"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -assetsrv 52.44.163.1

Press enter / click OK to launch GW2. This will force GW2 to use the primary server to patch the game. Note that this IP is only valid until the next patch, so for future reference, you can look it up by opening a command prompt (cmd) and entering:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

If there is still a problem, you'll need to use a VPN, especially if the game successfully patched but you get stuck on a loading screen (which is caused by packet loss or a general connection problem). TunnelBear has been a popular choice. Simply go to tunnelbear.com to download and install it. It'll guide you through selecting a VPN server and turning it on (you'll need to create an account to use it). Turn it off after successfully patching the game. As an alternative (to nearly all of this), you can try using Gw2Launcher and enabling its built-in asset server with encryption enabled.

Thank you for your help, but sadly nothing worked out. I tried tunnelbear, however I don't understand what I need to do. Internet seems to be stopping when I do use it. And how do I use a different asset server. What does this look like. Sorry to bother but I'm really bad at this stuff :D

@"Vanwusel.7890" said:I tried tunnelbear, however I don't understand what I need to do. Internet seems to be stopping when I do use it.

After starting it and logging in, you're shown a map with tunnels you can select and a button on the top left to turn it on or off. Select one of the tunnels and it'll ask if you want to tunnel there - choose yes and it'll automatically turn on. You can confirm if it's working by googling "my ip" or by visiting tunnelbear's service bearsmyip.com. If you don't have a connection or the tunnel fails, try a different tunnel. If all of them fail, something is blocking it or it's conflicting with other software.

And how do I use a different asset server. What does this look like.From above:Right click your GW2 shortcut and select properties. This should bring up a properties window with the shortcut tab currently selected. Right click the first text box (the target), select all and copy it. Open the run dialog (WindowsKey+R) and paste it, then at the end, add a space and enter the following:-assetsrv 52.44.163.1

The whole line should look something like this, but with your own path:C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -assetsrv 52.44.163.1... or with quotes:"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -assetsrv 52.44.163.1

You can find other IPs by opening a command prompt (cmd) and entering:

nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

@"Vanwusel.7890" said:How do I use Gw2Launcher?

Download and run it. Click "add account" to open a new window. Enter anything for a name, then OK at the bottom, which will ask you a question - select to share the default file for both of them, then OK and you'll be back to the main window. Right click the button you just created, select tools, then asset server proxy to bring up a window. Enable it, then click advanced and enable HTTPS. If you'd like to see what GW2 is doing, you can enable "record requests" and "record content". Back on the main window, right click the button again > selected > launch (normal).