Most forgiving elite spec?

LowestTruth.2635

100% solo PvE and story - which elite spec is the most forgiving when it comes to tougher fights?

I realize that open world and story is trivial to most people. I'm getting older and slower, so trying to decide which to try first in light of the fact that I will regularly make mistakes in skill priority and reflexes. I still like to try to solo champ hero points and group events and the like.

@LowestTruth.2635 said:100% solo PvE and story - which elite spec is the most forgiving when it comes to tougher fights?

I realize that open world and story is trivial to most people. I'm getting older and slower, so trying to decide which to try first in light of the fact that I will regularly make mistakes in skill priority and reflexes. I still like to try to solo champ hero points and group events and the like.

Ranger in general is going to have an easier time because its pets are going to hold aggro, freeing up the ranger.

But if you have to pick an engineer spec, scrapper will be more forgiving on tougher fights. The barrier generation in PvE is pretty good, and the hammer gives you a lot of defensive options.

Probably scrapper, if a boss can't kill me in 20 or so seconds, then it can't kill me at all. As a consequence, scrapper is very boring to play in the story. I've auto attacked an encounter just mindlessly shielding and healing because the TV show I was watching was more interesting than that fight.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@LowestTruth.2635 said:100% solo PvE and story - which elite spec is the most
forgiving
when it comes to tougher fights?

Ranger in general is going to have an easier time because its pets are going to hold aggro, freeing up the ranger.

But if you have to pick an engineer spec, scrapper will be more forgiving on tougher fights. The barrier generation in PvE is pretty good, and the hammer gives you a lot of defensive options.

Thanks, good info.

I have a scattering of 80s already, including ranger & necro. Just not satisfied with other classes. Engineer is just... fun for me.