Question about the new shades

Swan.9815

So let me see if I’ve got this right:A. Not using shades removes any benefits from the two minor traits and sadistic searing, lowering dps.B. Using shades against a boss that moves means that I lose dps by them constantly moving out of my shades.C. My shade damage comes from torment, a condition that does more damage when enemies are moving.With that information stated, my question is: What is the “purity of purpose” regarding shades?

@"Swan.9815" said:So let me see if I’ve got this right:A. Not using shades removes any benefits from the two minor traits and sadistic searing, lowering dps.B. Using shades against a boss that moves means that I lose dps by them constantly moving out of my shades.C. My shade damage comes from torment, a condition that does more damage when enemies are moving.With that information stated, my question is: What is the “purity of purpose” regarding shades?

Correct on all three points. The answer to your question is "why would an Engineer trait matter to a Necro?" At least, you know, according to the devs.