Please rework Death Magic to give us full damage immunity instead of damage reduction

EremiteAngel.9765

We need a real defense line that is on par with the other classes...and that means damage immunity and stability.I had hopes that DM would be reworked to give total damage immunity options, but we were given the same old damage reduction.

Rather than give us a new 'Death Carapace', I feel it is a waste to not have a specific trait synergy for our spectral skills.I would like to see Spectral Mastery, which was removed from the Soul Reaping tree, returning in the DM tree.

I would suggest the following changes...

Major Adept trait: Spectral Speed replaces Putrid Defense

• All spectral skills CD reduced by 10%
  • Shroud CD reduced by 10% for every spectral skill slotted (max 40% = 4 seconds reduction)

Major Master trait: Spectral Strength replaces Deadly Strength

• All spectral skills grant 1 stability for 6 seconds upon activation

Major Grandmaster trait: Spectral Shroud replaces Unholy Sanctuary

• Gain a Spectral Shroud buff for 3 seconds whenever you activate a Spectral skill.
  • Spectral Shroud buff converts all damage taken into life force (power & condi).

Plus, just like with minions, you don't want to make 3 Traits to modify one category of utility skills.It's too big of an investment, which in turn basically forces you to then slot all of those utilities to get value out of it, which in this case would be pretty OP.

Chaining 9 seconds of damage to LF conversion together obviously would be way too strong, in addition it conflicts with the design of the skills itself, like Spectral Armor, which grants Protection and provides LF when taking damage.