Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

INOY.6945

Hello from Russia, My friends!

In this video, the Russian-speaking gaming community of Guild Wars 2 request ArenaNet to start supporting Cyrillic letters in the game. I know that these problems not only Russian players , but also many other countries. Unfortunately, I cannot be responsible for everyone, but I can be responsible for those with whom I play. Do not remain indifferent to our problem and support our appeal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

@WizarXD.9602 said:We demand an answer!

Pretty sure they have already answered this request previously.It likely does not offer a viable financial return on the time and costs associated to bringing this to fruition.

Could they utilise a some kind of 3rd party or player driven alternative, most likely , but that could risk opening a can of worms they just don't want to have to then jump in and sort out.

Does it suck - yeah I guess it does for those affectedDoes it make sense from a business perspective - Unfortunately yes it does also.

I fully support. I am a Russian-speaking player, I really love GW2, I know a little English. But unfortunately, it’s not so good, so that fully enjoy all aspects of the game. Much remains incomprehensible. It is difficult to communicate with their countrymen. The lack of localization is the reason that many Russian-speaking players either leave GW2 with time, or do not even start playing. But this is a lost profit for Anet, and considerable.At least the introduction of the Cyrillic alphabet would really solve many problems for our players.

• Confused 2

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@WizarXD.9602 said:We demand an answer!

Pretty sure they have already answered this request previously.It likely does not offer a viable financial return on the time and costs associated to bringing this to fruition.

Could they utilise a some kind of 3rd party or player driven alternative, most likely , but that could risk opening a can of worms they just don't want to have to then jump in and sort out.

Does it suck - yeah I guess it does for those affectedDoes it make sense from a business perspective - Unfortunately yes it does also.

That's understandable. But sit on place and silenced, we, too, already not can. We do not ask for the translation of the whole game, we ask to add at least Cyrillic. At least in Guild Chat.

I want to join the request. I play Guild Wars 2 since the release. I'd love to understand the history of Tyria. The translation process takes a lot of time. This is a problem. Some things I cannot understand. I want to thank Russian bloggers, in particular the INOY channel for giving us the opportunity to learn all aspects of the game in our native language for free. But we still have to communicate using English letters and that makes the process of playing Guild Wars 2 very uncomfortable and complicated for most of Russian players. There are many friends who would like to join the project, but do not do this because of the lack of localization. Dear Arena.net. Please add Cyrillic. Thanks for what you do. With love from Russia.

• Confused 1