Kinetic Battery

AmberUK.5380

What is your build? I can't speak on the mount issue but it's weird that you are having trouble gaining 5 charges.

While in combat you get a charge for each toolbelt skill use, going into or out of forge mode, and each time you proc the Lock On trait (assuming you are using that).

I am using the holorifle build on meta (https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Holorifle). It might be I am getting the 5 charges and just don't notice - sorry I struggle to notice these things. But what I have seen is that I go onto my mount with some charges and when I come off I have non. I wanted to know if this is how it is meant to be? As it is a WvW build I use the mount to get round so there is not getting out of that but if mounting is basically killing this trait maybe I need to rethink having it?

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:Speaking of Kinetic Battery, can we discuss how 5s base quickness in pvp is way too long for this trait? 1-2s should suffice.

The problem isn't necessarily the 5 seconds of quickness. It's how frequently it can be procced by low cooldown toolbelt skills. Some toolbelts can activate kinetic battery way too quickly, and photon forge is one of those things.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:Speaking of Kinetic Battery, can we discuss how 5s base quickness in pvp is way too long for this trait? 1-2s should suffice.

The problem isn't necessarily the 5 seconds of quickness. It's how frequently it can be procced by low cooldown toolbelt skills. Some toolbelts can activate kinetic battery way too quickly, and photon forge is one of those things.

Yup. Kinetic Battery is a fairly weak Grandmaster if you're not a Holosmith