WvW needs Warbeast rentals

Song of Eternity.8613

As it has probably been discussed, the Warbeast addition to WvW seems to discourage new players to WvW, because they can't keep up with zergs, which is where they need to be to grow experience, gain mastery points, and WvW currency. The Warbeast really has done more harm than good in this regard, but the solution is simple; make the Warbeast available to rent in the mists, and the problem is solved.

Very true this could also be the way Anet demonstrate players that are free players, they should buy it, because mounts are nice and they need it, segregating players to enforce them to buy something is not A good approach.

And yeah war kitten as done more harm than anything else, it works on big maps, but eb and alpine are low effort smaller maps, it ends being to much for those maps that were designed to move from structure to structures by foot.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So.. I disagree with a rental because it isn’t hard at all to get. You do have to be willing to ask for help.

What about players who don't have PoF? I don't understand why restricting other players access to such an essential mechanic influences your own enjoyment of the game. Do you enjoy bullying players who don't have the mount? I don't understand.

That being said, if it is allowed as a rental, 2 dodges, 1 HP and movement speed equal to enemy territory.

Hey this is exactly the change that should be brought to EVERYBODY'S mount.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So.. I disagree with a rental because it isn’t hard at all to get. You do have to be willing to ask for help.

What about players who don't have PoF? I don't understand why restricting other players access to such an essential mechanic influences your own enjoyment of the game. Do you enjoy bullying players who don't have the mount? I don't understand.

Why are you suggesting I am bullying anyone? I am not prohibiting anyone. They have a choice. I am not dictating their choice.

That being said, if it is allowed as a rental, 2 dodges, 1 HP and movement speed equal to enemy territory.

I agree.

@Doug.4930 said:

And honestly, it should be removed.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I can dream, but sadly this won't happen. So I think its fair that PoF should not be a requirement to play WvW. Without a mount rent feature or something similar, WvW is essentially unplayable for anyone who doesn't own PoF.

or you know, since obtaining it is so unbelievably trivial and completely vital, give it to players for free? It's a real turn off for people wanting to get into wvw and they're late to everything/die all the time because they can't keep up with the groups and/or they just get picked off by other players on mounts. It doesn't make any sense to gate it behind a reward track. Make it cost some karma or badges or something, let's not turn people off to wvw more than we already have.

@Doug.4930 said:

I can dream, but sadly this won't happen. So I think its fair that PoF should not be a requirement to play WvW. Without a mount rent feature or something similar, WvW is essentially unplayable for anyone who doesn't own PoF.

Actually you can still play WvW without a mount. You however will be relegated to roaming status. Or defense of a location. Castle, garrison, keep, tower defense does not require a mount. I did scouting and location defense for nearly a year and a half, and that was before mounts. And even today, mounts are not needed for roaming or defense.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

Actually you can still play WvW without a mount. You however will be relegated to roaming status. Or defense of a location. Castle, garrison, keep, tower defense does not require a mount. I did scouting and location defense for nearly a year and a half, and that was before mounts. And even today, mounts are not needed for roaming or defense.

Well I wouldn't say that sitting in a tower is going to get newer players into the game. As for roaming without a mount, sure if you're a vet and have hundreds of hours roaming experience. Just like its possible to roam on a core engie. But is it feasible for most of the player base? I don't think so.

If a rental was introduced I would say that once they dismount they have to go back the rental place to get a new one. Otherwise it makes the need to get one unnecessary. And 2 dodges and 1k health would be a perfect downgrade for a rental.

As for other issues - It sometimes seems as if the enemy is moving faster than I can in "my" territory, plus sometimes they go invis for some reason. Also lately there have been numerous players sitting out in the open on their mounts but they aren't really there and they suddenly appear in another location nearby and ride off. And it isn't limited to the same servers. Every matchup has 2 or 3 of them.

As for people getting help - if I know someone in my zerg needs the mount achieves I try to get those objectives for them. Then it just becomes play time to finish the reward track.

While I never supported the idea of mounts in WvW, I do not agree with this suggestion. If you want it, earn it. If you can just rent it anytime then you have no incentive to actually work on the collection and engage in any sort of activity. Rent mount, do some quick daily, and hop out of WvW.

Yea, it's quite a barrier to entry that is needlessly frustrating. Weren't they considering it already? I think the grinding should be towards earning warclaw skins (you know, instead of them having them all locked in the gem store)

Either that or buff reward tracks to make them go faster. That could benefit WvW players as a whole.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Yea, it's quite a barrier to entry that is needlessly frustrating. Weren't they considering it already? I think the grinding should be towards earning warclaw skins (you know, instead of them having them all locked in the gem store)

Either that or buff reward tracks to make them go faster. That could benefit WvW players as a whole.

I don't understand why they don't let you earn a lot of these things in game. I mean they can make nice skins for us to earn in game as well as from gemstore. There's no reason both cannot exist. And not just warclaw skins mind you. Just in general. And also not crappy skins.