Diabolic Inferno changes EtD to Fire Field

DonArkanio.6419

Hey there,

Since Mallyx Has access to on-demand Dark Field I was thinking about taking the Traits to a new level.

In my opinion Traits should really affect our skills. Unfortunately, very few do that.

Diabolic Inferno trait changes Embrace the Darkness to Fire Field.This change can Compensate for the wierd loss of Fire Field on Renegade's Elite.

What do you think?

Honestly, they could switch Yearning Empowerment and Pulsating Pestilence, I'd see a good incentive in making that happen which would finally make decisions more difficult considering Torment is the main damage output while Diabolic Inferno could see some buff like increase Burning damage, which can make Mace 2 more appealing of a skill while keeping EtD Torment damage in check to avoid Power Creep.

To think of doing that would be too strong, gotta remember Stun Break of Invocation is a minor trait itself which most Revenants find mandatory. Yearning Empowerment is something people could pass on compared Pulsating Pestilence.

This changes the fundamental function of Revenant like Invocation compared Corruption torment that is not something you'd always need of.

@Virdo.1540 said:its a nice idea, but what do people get from that ,which dont play with mallyx?

Good point. Currently Pulsating Pestilence is the kind of skill that works for people not using Mallyx. Honestly, I'd change it to work on using Elite instead of legend swap. Obviously it's a PvP trait. Well, I'd get rid of Maniacal Persistence as it is and replace it with something more interesting and useful across all legends.

A few options come to my mind:

• Chill on CC
  • Chill on Resistance
  • Gain Frost Aura on using Elite

@Shao.7236 said:Honestly, they could switch Yearning Empowerment and Pulsating Pestilence, I'd see a good incentive in making that happen which would finally make decisions more difficult considering Torment is the main damage output while Diabolic Inferno could see some buff like increase Burning damage, which can make Mace 2 more appealing of a skill while keeping EtD Torment damage in check to avoid Power Creep.

To think of doing that would be too strong, gotta remember Stun Break of Invocation is a minor trait itself which most Revenants find mandatory. Yearning Empowerment is something people could pass on compared Pulsating Pestilence.

This changes the fundamental function of Revenant like Invocation compared Corruption torment that is not something you'd always need of.

I think Corruption could use a rework overall. I don't mean that all Traits are useless but the way they are placed on the trees feels very weird.

Some traits such as Maniacal Presence is not worthy of Grandmaster.

I personally don't like Diabolic Inferno as it is. It's pretty basic for a GM and doesn't change much except boosting the damage output. I really like the concept of Traits giving existing skills new options.And since Revenant doesn't have a choice over Utilities, I think Traits are a great way to provide some new ways to play with Legends.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:Hey there,

Since Mallyx Has access to on-demand Dark Field I was thinking about taking the Traits to a new level.

In my opinion Traits should really affect our skills. Unfortunately, very few do that.

Diabolic Inferno trait changes Embrace the Darkness to Fire Field.This change can Compensate for the wierd loss of Fire Field on Renegade's Elite.

What do you think?

Omg, yes please... This would make me not hate people who bring Renegade to Cairn/SH/Matthias anymore.