What happened to this release's fractal?

zealex.9410

The "schedule" for new fractals during se4 has been 1 new fractal every other lw release. The layoffs occured mid se4 (iirc before ep5) and sirens reef still launched on schedule.

The next episode was supposed, based on said schedule to drop with bound by blood, but it didnt. Was a reason communicated or was the schedule changed between ep6 and the prologue? And if so was that communicated?

There's no fixed schedule any longer. You still haven't realized that? The game isn't in a healthy state and the actual announcement of additional build & equipment templates costing money although they should have been in the game for years is the next clear indicator of things going terribly wrong with GW2.But who am I talking to, you also haven't realized that strike missions are not 5 men content even though they named it 5-10 men which is just a cheap excuse of them.

@Vinceman.4572 said:There's no fixed schedule any longer. You still haven't realized that? The game isn't in a healthy state and the actual announcement of additional build & equipment templates costing money although they should have been in the game for years is the next clear indicator of things going terribly wrong with GW2.

U mean u didnt know they would a paid feature? Please, even if the game was at its best they wouldnt miss this golden goose.

But who am I talking to, you also haven't realized that strike missions are not 5 men content even though they named it 5-10 men which is just a cheap excuse of them.

I did? It was the reason why i suggested the dificulty i did, it would be trivialised ij a 10man settup regardless.

@Vinceman.4572 said:There's no fixed schedule any longer. You still haven't realized that? The game isn't in a healthy state and the actual announcement of additional build & equipment templates costing money although they should have been in the game for years is the next clear indicator of things going terribly wrong with GW2.But who am I talking to, you also haven't realized that strike missions are not 5 men content even though they named it 5-10 men which is just a cheap excuse of them.

I'm sure the few people who even care about templates are going to be fine with what they get.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:There's no fixed schedule any longer. You still haven't realized that? The game isn't in a healthy state and the actual announcement of additional build & equipment templates costing money although they should have been in the game for years is the next clear indicator of things going terribly wrong with GW2.But who am I talking to, you also haven't realized that strike missions are not 5 men content even though they named it 5-10 men which is just a cheap excuse of them.

I'm sure the few people who even care about templates are going to be fine with what they get.Those people were already using Arc templates (which will stop working when Anet templates get released, as part of the deal between Anet and Arc developer), so no, they won't be fine. In fact, they will find themselves with less options after this, not more.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

I'm sure the few people who even care about templates are going to be fine with what they get.Those people were already using Arc templates (which will stop working when Anet templates get released, as part of the deal between Anet and Arc developer), so no, they won't be fine. In fact, they will find themselves with less options after this, not more.

I'm not sure how many template slots they need... why wouldn't 6 be sufficient? Do these people play 100 different builds and isn't the ability to store equipment convenient enough? That's a fraction of an already tiny minority, while everybody else only has to gain from this one way or another. I don't think anything of value is lost there.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I'm not sure how many template slots they need... why wouldn't 6 be sufficient? Do these people play 100 different builds and isn't the ability to store equipment convenient enough? That's a fraction of an already tiny minority, while everybody else only has to gain from this one way or another. I don't think anything of value is lost there.

Lets check few of my builds shall we.For my thief i have power dps DD build, power dps DE build, power dps DE rifle build, condi build, heal boon thief, diviner boon thief + open world builds and different wvw builds.My necro has power reaper, condition scourge and heal scourge.And those were just few, some of my classes has alot more builds.

@Blocki.4931 said:

they split traits and gear and you get only one additional gear template. I couldnt care less about trait templates but swapping legendary armour with one click is huge. This implementation is just really bad and legendary armour loses lots of value with this. I can have infinite builds with arc now, the new version allows 2 and i get 6-8 backslots back for rune and trinkets. this is just a straight downgrade. Two Slots + additional slots per character is insanely bad.at least let me buy the whole thing with unlimited slots for 800gems. Thats 10€! You can buy entire games for this but they will probably charge this per slot per character

@zealex.9410 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I've never seen Anet release a 'schedule' for anything ... so what you talking about?

Anet had stated that their fractal release schedule was (at least until bound by blood) 1 new fractal every other lw episode.

And we didn't had an episode since War Eternal. Bound by Blood was labled as Prologue, not Episode 1. So we are still on track and the next one should release with Episode 1 in November.

Wording is important if you try to quote them on themselves.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:There's no fixed schedule any longer. You still haven't realized that? The game isn't in a healthy state and the actual announcement of additional build & equipment templates costing money although they should have been in the game for years is the next clear indicator of things going terribly wrong with GW2.But who am I talking to, you also haven't realized that strike missions are not 5 men content even though they named it 5-10 men which is just a cheap excuse of them.

I'm not sure how many template slots they need... why wouldn't 6 be sufficient?Lemme check - my ranger has 5. My necro has 3. My mesmer has 6. That's for pve alone, btw, my necro, for example, has additional 3 builds for wvw.No, 2 per character is nowhere close enough. 6 (which seems to be the max) is already limiting, and i would need to
pay
for that. Per character.

2 gear slots is barely enough to have a single PvE condi and power build each. If the class happens to do anything else (healing, support, tanking) or is running wvw (where you usually don't run pure glass), you're out of luck. As far as trait/skill setups go, you may end up running more power and/or condi setups than one (look at thief, for example - power DD and power DE are not the same, and you might want to have both trait setups)

Do these people play 100 different builds and isn't the ability to store equipment convenient enough? That's a fraction of an already tiny minority, while everybody else only has to gain from this one way or another. I don't think anything of value is lost there.Like i said - pretty much anyone that would care about this QoL is already running multiple builds. And many of those people already use arc templates, so changing to Anet system will be a downgrade.

That "fraction of a tiny minority" you speak of happens to be the target group for this so called "QoL". Everyone else will simply not care that it was introduced at all, as they won't be using it anyway.

In such a case, who was that even meant for? Because, it seems, it is aimed at noone.

(separate post, as i don't want to mix different discussions in one post)

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Anet had stated that their fractal release schedule was (at least until bound by blood) 1 new fractal every other lw episode.

And we didn't had an episode since War Eternal. Bound by Blood was labled as Prologue, not Episode 1. So we are still on track and the next one should release with Episode 1 in November.

Wording is important if you try to quote them on themselves.They already said that from season 5 on they will no longer be limited with any earlier preconceptions of what should be associated with episodes. Some people thought it means we'll be getting more, but it can as easily be understood as getting less.In this case, the fractal is that "less".

@"Astralporing.1957" said:That "fraction of a tiny minority" you speak of happens to be the target group for this so called "QoL". Everyone else will simply not care that it was introduced at all, as they won't be using it anyway.

In such a case, who was that even meant for? Because, it seems, it is aimed at noone.

While I agree with everything you said, one also has to consider:

With an ingame build temapltes system, chances are high that arc build templates will soon no longer be allowed.

I literally just read up on the way build templates are suppoed to work, so I will wait until they are implemented until my final judgment. Personally I'm fine with additional costs for more slots if reasonable, but do wonder how legendary gear will be affected by this (and if it will be available to multiple characters if so). That would make legendary runes and sigils interesting again, and multiple sets of similar weight legendary armor obsolete.

The main benefit for myself which I still look forward to is not having to wait for deltaconnected to have to update arc templates after each patch or having to double check if arc templates forgot to change some gear. The main drawback is as you and others mentioned: less QoL for people already using arc temps and higher cost.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I literally just read up on the way build templates are suppoed to work, so I will wait until they are implemented until my final judgment. Personally I'm fine with additional costs for more slots if reasonable, but do wonder how legendary gear will be affected by this (and if it will be available to multiple characters if so). That would make legendary runes and sigils interesting again, and multiple sets of similar weight legendary armor obsolete.We'll probably see tomorrow, but from what i understand, no, single piece of legendary gear will not be available for multiple characters (basically, due to some problems they've run into, gear templates for each character are completely independent, and can share gear only for the same character).My reading to this is that it will make the QoL of legendary armor and runes drop, not rise (and considering that runes were already quite close to rock bottom for their usefulness compared to price...)Maybe i am wrong. I definiely hope i am - we'll see tomorrow i guess.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I've never seen Anet release a 'schedule' for anything ... so what you talking about?

Anet had stated that their fractal release schedule was (at least until bound by blood) 1 new fractal every other lw episode.

Wording is important if you try to quote them on themselves.

The prologue is pretty much only diff in name alone, the update came with pretty much everything that lw episodes come out with (events, a map, story, collections etc). It also took compairable time to a normal episode to ship (abit over 3 months iirc) so we are looking at another 2 months on top of that for something new for the fractal crowd and thats wishful thinking because they didnt set the cadence for the saga.

If the Nov release is accurate we will be looking at a 9 month w8 for a new fractal.

@zealex.9410 said:If the Nov release is accurate we will be looking at a 9 month w8 for a new fractal.

Which is fine if they'll release more than another fractal or raid. I only see/hear devastating decisions and doubt that people will leave enough money in the gem shop be it with or without templates to keep maintaining the game in its previous or current state. Guess we shouldn't be surprised to read about the next layoffs in 2020.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:If the Nov release is accurate we will be looking at a 9 month w8 for a new fractal.

Which is fine
if
they'll release more than another fractal or raid.

I dont think its fine because thats 9 months of nothing for these ppl in a game with very limited replayability.

Of course it's not. That is what my post is saying. The whole thing is more in a mess than it was months or one year ago and even then it was inacceptable. What I'm trying to say to you: It's getting worse and there's absolutely no sign or evidence that it'll get better soon/ever. That's all you have to realize.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Which is fine
if
they'll release more than another fractal or raid.

I dont think its fine because thats 9 months of nothing for these ppl in a game with very limited replayability.

Of course it's not. That is what my post is saying. The whole thing is more in a mess than it was months or one year ago and even then it was inacceptable. What I'm trying to say to you: It's getting worse and there's absolutely
no sign or evidence
that it'll get better soon/ever. That's all you have to realize.

Im aware theres no sign of improvement i was just curious if it was communicated that the fractal wouldnt drop with this episode or not, not gonna lose sleep or game time elsewhere over it.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Let me look at my Guardian.

DH Power DPS (Raids/Fractals), FB condition DPS (Raids), Condition Quickbrand (Raids), Power Quickbrand (Fractals), Harrier Healbrand (Raids), Harrier/Magi Healbrand (Fractals), different versions for Virtues and Radiance for Healbrand, Minstrel Tank Healbrand (Raids), Open World FB (OW), Zerg FB (WvW), Roaming FB (WvW), Core Guard (PvP/WvW), Sup Bunker FB (PvP), Hybrid FB (PvP), are some of the essentials, plus about 5-8 more very niche builds/fun therorycrafted builds I sometimes play and iterate on.

That's one character in Arc currently, with other professions having at least 5-10 builds as well.

Now sure, as a Theorycrafter and build maker, I'm niche in that regard, but even if I shave of all of those experimental build's I'm having fun with, even if I get rid of all the maximisation between Raids and Fractals (where I get extra stats from Fractal potions/AR) and play inefficient builds in one game mode instead, these charged templates are still going to cost me a fortune compared to the completely free Arc I've been using and relying on to enjoy the game for multiple years now.

For storing gear, yes that nice, but I have Legendary Armor on everything I play frequently/have a lot of builds on, so that's really not going to change much for me, and this system is going to screw me over hard otherwise.

I'm expecting to drop half the content I play at this point, since I won't be bothered to manually swap all my gear and build just to hop into some Open World or WvW to have some fun, modes I already struggle to find enjoyment in if it wasn't for the interesting builds I tend to swap to there, and I will probably still be expected to drop over a hundred euros or multiple thousands of gold to get just room for my most essential builds across all characters for the content I enjoy most.Having to pay a presumably large amount of money (knowing the gemstore pricing) to get the same or less QoL back I enjoyed for years for free, just with nice HuD Integration, won't feel great.

But as an invested veteran player, it's not exactly the first time I've felt not exactly valued, so maybe you are right there and they share that opinion of nothing of value is lost by dismantling their endgame player base bit by bit by bit.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure ... that's not a schedule though. I don't see a date.

you are too white knight to understand. That was officialy stated by anet, 1 fractal every other episode. Which is like every 6-7 months.

@vyncius.6105 said:

you are too white knight to understand. That was officialy stated by anet, 1 fractal every other episode. Which is like every 6-7 months.

If you think you can set your watch to anything Anet has said where they never gave a date, you just haven't been paying attention. That's not white knighting at all ... it's called 'observation' and 'reality'. I know what Anet said and if the numbers don't justify another fractal ... or something causes it to be late, then that's EXPECTED. That's exactly what you DON'T see them give you a date.

@Obtena.7952 said:

If you think you can set your watch to anything Anet has said where they never gave a date, you just haven't been paying attention. That's not white knighting at all ... it's called 'observation' and 'reality'. I know what Anet said and if the numbers don't justify another fractal ... or something causes it to be late, then that's EXPECTED. That's exactly what you DON'T see them give you a date.

They dont give date for lw either but will let you know if someone gets delayed.