Templates Preview Guild Chat -- We want your questions!

@Justine.6351 said:

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:I'm very disappointed, but not surprised, to see that additional templates will need to be purchased via gemstore. People who play a higher number of build variations and game modes are ironically the ones hit hardest by this decision. I play across PvE, WvW, and PvP. Even if you get a new set of fresh templates per game mode that's an astonishing amount of locking done by this marketing decision.

"For a limited time after release, you’ll be able to pick up a free pack in the Gem Store for a total of six free Build Storage Spaces."

I'm not sure how this is supposed to negate the rest of my observation or alleviate the fact that this sale won't be available for people going forward.

I guess it goes along with something like people running a lot of alts, they have to buy more character slots. This is a utility thing not a necessity, even saying that, they are meeting you halfway by giving access to some slots.

as the game moves forward and more builds become more numerous -

are we playing the same game?

Don't be that way, yes we are. Necessarily.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part disappointed by the number we're given at the start. My necro already has 3 different build types that I could easily populate the tabs. Limited to 6 in total for that char is rather small. GW1 never had such limitation at all, simply because our builds were written to disk in a file that we can easily back up. Now we don't even have that option any more. Plus, the gear templates is limited 2 per char, and that hits many people hard who have more than 2 completely different build and gear loadouts. In reality, we're not getting 3 build templates but 2 (and a half).

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:So you cant attach weapons, armor, runes or sigils to it. I guess it makes it a bit easier but not what i was hoping for. Maybe later they will add that portion. No need to make the legendary runes now.

I am not sure where you get that idea. Tomorrow's stream will show details but from the blog:

Equipment Templates can also record the customization of legendary items, which can freely change attributes and upgrades. You can equip a single legendary item to multiple Equipment Templates with different attributes and upgrade choices for each.

You can copy and paste an Equipment Template from one tab to another, rename it, or empty it of all items (including attributes and upgrades). The latter will return any items not used in other templates to your normal inventory.

That certainly sounds like upgrades (ie runes and sigils) are included. Did you only see the build part at the top and not the second section for equipment?

I honestly don’t think Arenanet knows how many people use arc. Or how many builds raiders/wvw players use in game. Not to mention they are adding pvp builds in the future. People like us have at least 3-4 builds per character. And we are multi classed. So Arenanet is telling me to get the native feature of build templates the way I want, I need 5-6 tabs per character. Not to forget it seems like it will be 400-800 gems per pack. And they are only giving 6 storage for free in the beginning. Gw1 has this feature free. Gw2 all a sudden needs money for this feature? if gw2 needed money Then make expansions. Don’t make us pay for gem store items when gw1 build templates are free. So Arenanet will be disappointed because not many will purchase these packs since arcdps build templates are free. I’d rather help fund that developer then fund arenanet with their absurd gemstore ways.

@Arden.7480 said:I am not surprised that additional slots will be purchasable, because there's been a lot of work put to make the templates possible.

Except for the fact that there is already a third party solution (with unlimited builds) for free that every raider is using and Anet wants to shut down when their templates are released. Or in other words: they take our templates and force us to buy theirs or live without templates.

PvP equipment works much differently than PvE and WvW equipment, so it will require its own template system. Because this presents different technological challenges, we chose not to delay the release of the completed Build and Equipment Templates. We’re looking forward to hearing what you think of the bulk of the feature, and your detailed feedback will be very helpful to us as we continue developing PvP Equipment Templates.

Jesus, I was excited until I read this!=/

@maultasche.4082 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:I’d rather help fund that developer then fund arenanet with their absurd gemstore ways.

Unfortunately, you will have no choice. Arcdps build templates won't work after Anet's templates are implemented.

The community has to fight for the developer to stay. This is just bad tbh. And I hope he changes his mind.

What would you say to people who have legendary gear for the convenience of swapping between lots of builds (many runes, stat combinations) and now being locked to only two possibilities (with having to buy gems for more options)? A ranger can for example use power soulbeast (berserker), condi soulbeast (viper), heal druid (harrier), deimos hand kiter (minstrel or whatever), wvw condi (trailblazer), and many more. What is the benefit of legendary gear if you lock the options via build templates?

Could you increase the default Equipment Template tabs to at least 3 or 4?Only 2 are way to low, i know you can buy more, but whats the point of expensive legendaries, if you can only make use of 2 different configurations, without paying up big time to get at least the minimum you need for frequent raid/fractal runs?

I'm going to wait and see how it works before knocking it.At first glance it will give me a chance to swap between the two specializations per character. Or PvE or WvW and Raid stats quite easily.

Swapping stat-related items is a huge bonus. I spend too much time searching and swapping armor and trinkets across characters when changing play modes.

If equipment is on another character does it automatically transfer if both have it in their equipment template?Do the tabs contain a single build, either stats or equipment? Or a complete character build?If we are trying someone else's build and we don't have the stat-related equipment, what's the default? An open slot? Our last equipped item?

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:I'm very disappointed, but not surprised, to see that additional templates will need to be purchased via gemstore. People who play a higher number of build variations and game modes are ironically the ones hit hardest by this decision. I play across PvE, WvW, and PvP. Even if you get a new set of fresh templates per game mode that's an astonishing amount of locking done by this marketing decision.

To add onto this:

Several DPS meters offer plugins for build and gear templates (completely free, btw). ArcDPS notably has had the feature for years now. These templates supported theoretically infinite numbers of build and gear templates.

My questions are thus: Why are you downgrading players on a feature that we have been promised for years? And charging for the privilege too? I thought Nintendo Switch Online was a bad joke, but jeez.