Give me back my loot stick

SoullessOne.1289

@SoullessOne.1289 said:I am a returning player and OMG where is my loot for my support firebrand ??? this is kinda unfair. Staff 1 cleave the good old days where you could at least get some bags by tagging a few people. why was this changed?? GIVE ME MY LOOT STICK

it became f1 1111, we still got it, but is rarely used. and is not available to other specialties.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Anet changed receiving loot on support players by means that any boons or healing applied to players in your party, you also get a share of the tagging on enemies that your DPS party members do.

you still have to hit said enemies, you just dont have to hit them as hard as before to be counted as participant of a kill

Every profession needs a "loot stick" of some kind to make up for the lacking risk vs reward system in WvW or better yet... Rather just a better risk vs reward system all around and forget the one dimensional stick IMO. However, let's be real... As if the guardian class in particular actually needs anymore reasons to be played in WvW lol since 2012...

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Staff is fine the way it is. What Guardian needs is a useful offensive build and not to be stuck playing support.

We have a few already?

I said USEFUL lol. Guard burns do nice damage, but get countered too easily in group fights

oh you're talking about a DPS build for zergs?Because we have lots for small scale.

Guardian is one of the two professions that has been top tier relevant in this game mode since this game's launch in 2012.It may not be the highest dps'er but it has plenty of tools to tag and bag directly and indirectly through healing others.If you want a direct damage lootstick, hop on Scourge or something. Guardians are, at absolute worst, the 4th best profession for tagging and bagging.

~ Kovu

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Staff is fine the way it is. What Guardian needs is a useful offensive build and not to be stuck playing support.

We have a few already?

I said USEFUL lol. Guard burns do nice damage, but get countered too easily in group fights

oh you're talking about a DPS build for zergs?Because we have lots for small scale.

Yea there are some great small scale setups. For larger fights support Firebrand is pretty much the standard right now which is a real shame because Guardian can do so much more.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

if your heals are covered its not too hard to make a decent valk build.

Ive been trying to theorycraft a good Dragonhunter build for zerging. Problem is trying to find a good balance that fits my playstyle because I do a lot of small scale and roaming as well.

@X T D.6458 said:

Ive been trying to theorycraft a good Dragonhunter build for zerging. Problem is trying to find a good balance that fits my playstyle because I do a lot of small scale and roaming as well.

I always thought it would be interesting to run a double dh party to fully utilize the aoe block.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Anet changed receiving loot on support players by means that any boons or healing applied to players in your party, you also get a share of the tagging on enemies that your DPS party members do.

Good. Because in WvW my support is under appreciated in my Revenant.

Just support your group with loads of aoe rings and excessive damage.

@X T D.6458 said:

I have meme trap build as I mostly small scale, but with zerg when both begin engaging, target a guy 3/4 way to the back of the zerg, turn on focus block, then judges intervention to the guy press all buttons, and respawn, then watch loot rain as all the commotion you caused wrecked the enemy zergs coordination.If you were tanky, and used invuln you may survive, and cause more commotion.I zerk bomb, but I've crawled out alive rarely, and left them rallying their zerk friends.