EU Ranked PvP on Core Mantra Mesmer!

shadowpass.4236

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I skipped game 1 becouse he said it has sound issues.watched entire game 2, and wow was it dissapointing. the fact that his reliable 1shot no counterplay machine couldnt get him a single "1shot" in silver game... dont feel like watching the rest, just gonna wait for you to rank up and go from there, im curious how its gonna look like after you start playing against good condi thiefs and holos that will reveal you from stealth.

I cannot tell much about this. I am not a fan of burst builds since you cannot be sure if this was a good day or a good move. Not to mention the clicking sounds X)

I watched games 3/6/9. I liked that you also think about your allies when you use stealth, it is rare to see that. Seems obvious that you know what to do because you are very mobile and have good priorities when you try to kill/rez someone. Maybe you are too much going on scourges and taking condis? I am not sure, why sometimes do I see you using sword 2 when nothing seems to happen? Legit question if it triggers something I do not know it.

I have seen that plat 3 arguments so much on the forums but it is just... Lol. If you listen to the forums this is the only way to be good when less than 0.01% of the population is there. After plat 1 you already see good players in your games. I think the problem (based on game 3/6/9) is that I do not see too much pressure put on you (outside of one DH) leaving you free to position yourself and go in and that builds with evades/invuln will be harder to kill when they have better timings.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I skipped game 1 becouse he said it has sound issues.watched entire game 2, and wow was it dissapointing. the fact that his reliable 1shot no counterplay machine couldnt get him a single "1shot" in silver game... dont feel like watching the rest, just gonna wait for you to rank up and go from there, im curious how its gonna look like after you start playing against good condi thiefs and holos that will reveal you from stealth.

My rating is clearly displayed for everyone to see. Decay doesn't affect matchmaking so this was not a silver game, but in fact a platinum one.

There's also a

at 12 minutes. So, you're wrong again.

This thread will be updated with all of the games I play as I climb EU.

@"aymnad.9023" said:I cannot tell much about this. I am not a fan of burst builds since you cannot be sure if this was a good day or a good move. Not to mention the clicking sounds X)

I watched games 3/6/9. I liked that you also think about your allies when you use stealth, it is rare to see that. Seems obvious that you know what to do because you are very mobile and have good priorities when you try to kill/rez someone. Maybe you are too much going on scourges and taking condis? I am not sure, why sometimes do I see you using sword 2 when nothing seems to happen? Legit question if it triggers something I do not know it.

I have seen that plat 3 arguments so much on the forums but it is just... Lol. If you listen to the forums this is the only way to be good when less than 0.01% of the population is there. After plat 1 you already see good players in your games. I think the problem (based on game 3/6/9) is that I do not see too much pressure put on you (outside of one DH) leaving you free to position yourself and go in and that builds with evades/invuln will be harder to kill when they have better timings.

Haha sorry my keyboard is a bit loud but I can't really do much about that.

Cool! Thanks for noticing. I'm a top player on NA and have placed top 30+ on EU when I play there. I dropped my rating on purpose to show this build's ability to climb and it's effectiveness at a variety of skill ranges. Unfortunately, several people in this thread seem to not understand this.

I keep pressure on the scourges so they are forced to focus more on surviving rather than killing my team. If they are blood, and I use my burst to kill one of their teammates, I probably won't have enough to prevent the blood rezzes. This is why you'll see me hunting them down first when I have the opportunity. As for using sword 2 when nothing seems to happen, it's usually a preemptive defense if I think I'm about to be attacked from stealth. However, this might not apply to all cases. Could you link me any timestamps where I do this? I could try and explain why I used S2 in those specific scenarios if that would help. :)

Yeah Plat 1 is already "above average" seeing as how Gold 2 contains the majority of the PvP population. However, I will upload all of the games as I climb to top 30+ so people can see that mantra mesmer is very effective in ranked.

As for the lack of pressure on me, watch how I cycle through my cooldowns and try not to engage when I don't have blink/mass invis/torch 4/distort off/coming off cooldown. Even if they were to jump on me, I almost always have the tools available to escape to safety/force them to focus my allies. Also, it's actually very dangerous to go hard on pressuring a mantra mesmer. If you're too busy concentrating on killing me, I could very easily turn the fight around and burst you in return. Even a full health meta demo tools holo would be brought to 20-10% health and be forced to use Elixir S to prevent themselves from dying. The same applies (especially so) for squishier builds/classes that aren't running toughness amulets.

Also, as for when I

in game 6 against that DH, I rewatched the vod and my S2 actually cancelled early for some reason. That's why I got hit by the knockback and True Shot. My sword 3 summon was also out of range so I wasn't able to Swap prior to my Blurred Frenzy bugging out.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I skipped game 1 becouse he said it has sound issues.watched entire game 2, and wow was it dissapointing. the fact that his reliable 1shot no counterplay machine couldnt get him a single "1shot" in silver game... dont feel like watching the rest, just gonna wait for you to rank up and go from there, im curious how its gonna look like after you start playing against good condi thiefs and holos that will reveal you from stealth.

My rating is clearly displayed for everyone to see. Decay doesn't affect matchmaking so this was not a silver game, but in fact a platinum one.

There's also a

that "1shot" took over 2 sec and killed a guy that was cleary afk becouse game was over already.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I skipped game 1 becouse he said it has sound issues.watched entire game 2, and wow was it dissapointing. the fact that his reliable 1shot no counterplay machine couldnt get him a single "1shot" in silver game... dont feel like watching the rest, just gonna wait for you to rank up and go from there, im curious how its gonna look like after you start playing against good condi thiefs and holos that will reveal you from stealth.

There's also a

that "1shot" took over 2 sec and killed a guy that was cleary afk becouse game was over already.

Just play along will ya, clearly it was a well executed manover.

watched some more videos, and ran the build myself. love how he proves himself wrong with it btw. only people you can 1shot are other people running berserker amulets like that mirage he kept 1shoting and thiefs ( but thief can auto evade at 50% hp anyways ) try to burst down warrior that has more hp and base def or someone with might/toughtness on ammy and suddenly you are 20-30% off, they pop defensive cooldow and you better be ready for ass whooping.

It does work very well for ganking for people that 1v1 on nodes, but random dodge screws you over SUPER hard. dies to a fart, can lose 3/4 hp from SB spin on gs.random reveal from holo means you are dead if he knows what he is doing, cant 1shot him and when combo lands he just invul/stealth heals to full and bends you over.TLDR good noobstomper but nothing crazy.

All in all there is unwritten rule to ignore everything that happens in NA/RU servers, its always weird shit there.

@shadowpass.4236 said:As for using sword 2 when nothing seems to happen, it's usually a preemptive defense if I think I'm about to be attacked from stealth. However, this might not apply to all cases. Could you link me any timestamps where I do this? I could try and explain why I used S2 in those specific scenarios if that would help. :)I was thinking of moments like game 3 6 :10 (it was the main one and the last game I watched ^^). Game 6 8:43 / 11:15. Watching it again there are less moment than I remembered when I wrote it. I did not see sometimes the swap 3 missing so that is why I thought they were more.

As for the lack of pressure on me, watch how I cycle through my cooldowns and try not to engage when I don't have blink/mass invis/torch 4/distort off/coming off cooldown. Even if they were to jump on me, I almost always have the tools available to escape to safety/force them to focus my allies. Also, it's actually very dangerous to go hard on pressuring a mantra mesmer. If you're too busy concentrating on killing me, I could very easily turn the fight around and burst you in return. Even a full health meta demo tools holo would be brought to 20-10% health and be forced to use Elixir S to prevent themselves from dying. The same applies (especially so) for squishier builds/classes that aren't running toughness amulets.

I was thinking of pressure like core guard, rev or thief going on sniper deadeye or slb. Not necessarily leading to a kill but forcing away and constant harass. Whenever I see a fa ele I know I cannot kill him. But I can force 2 defensive spells easily and know that if one ally turns he is dead or has to run away and wait for his cd. If I get the focus and can escape like the engineer usually I am happy. I know I cannot win a dps race vs those builds so I take that as a small victory if it keeps my allies safe (rest is up to them ^^).

Sorry that I am not going to argue for or against mesmer, but I would just like to say watching you shadow is giving me pointers for overall positioning. Even on classes where they don't need to re-position all that much.

Should post vids a bit more, because these are surprisingly helpful.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@bluri.2653 said:I dont know if this was meant to prove how terrible core mantra mes is, all i see is you downstate at least 6 times vs a non thief/rev comp lol

It's just like how you ask for nerfs to Deadeye and Condition Thief at every opportunity.

the fact that you try to compare de/condi thief to this is beyond laughable lmao

@bluri.2653 said:

@bluri.2653 said:I dont know if this was meant to prove how terrible core mantra mes is, all i see is you downstate at least 6 times vs a non thief/rev comp lol

It's just like how you ask for nerfs to Deadeye and Condition Thief at every opportunity.

the fact that you try to compare de/condi thief to this is beyond laughable lmaoYou forgot one thing, he is from NA like OP, are you still surprised ?

@bluri.2653 said:

the fact that you try to compare de/condi thief to this is beyond laughable lmao

Condi thief is definitely a couple tiers above power mesmer right now. But DE is a perfect example since similar to power mesmer maybe four people played it at a plat2 level or higher on EU and NA but that doesn't stop the play style from being fundamentally noxious.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Condi thief is definitely a couple tiers above power mesmer right now. But DE is a perfect example since similar to power mesmer maybe four people played it at a plat2 level or higher on EU and NA but that doesn't stop the play style from being fundamentally noxious.

I had issues with DE when they had 3 sec of stealth on dodge, not the current iteration nor do i have any issues with power mes whatsoever, if i see a power mes in my game on the enemy side its a free win. The only one that i found obnoxious was mirage when it was on steroids since it was so elusive once they were caught they could easily get out of any situation due to portal and the million dodges they had.

A core power mes does nothing outside of its burst and has zero escape, if you have issues with a core power mes due to the high powerspike you would have issues with a core DP thief with crit / DA spikes since it can 1 shot you with assassin signet, i don't see anyone crying about that cus IT IS T R A S H just like core power mes

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"bravan.3876" said:As said, we already know that oneshot Mesmer is a good noobkiller, we don't need another low Platinum prove. 1500 is very low, your winration is kinda bad and that with you being carried by Chaosline. Just start showing games when you reach Platinum 3 in EU in peaktime. And if you rly wanna prove Mantras as the problem play without Chaosline (and maybe even without Massinv). Just few tips to make your goal to prove anything a bit more realisic.

lol............

Okay see this is what I mean by poking and prodding. Don't look at the prior win ratio. I was not attempting to climb on EU prior to making these mantra videos.

I tanked my rating to 1500 and I'll be climbing up to top 30 (again!) so you guys can see how it works against a variety of skill ranges.

LOL why the hell would I do that?? "Yeah if you really want to prove Sic Em ranger is a problem just don't use Wilderness Survival." What type of logic is that?

For the record, Mur plays the Mirage variant on NA in the top 10.

Really cuz mur has been playing engi from what I’ve seen including duos but w.e

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Condi thief is definitely a couple tiers above power mesmer right now. But DE is a perfect example since similar to power mesmer maybe four people played it at a plat2 level or higher on EU and NA but that doesn't stop the play style from being fundamentally noxious.You mean the fact that DE can do oneshot level damage as power mesmer? Ignoring that DE is better than mesmer literally at everything but instead we have a rant about core mesmer BECAUSE two best NA mesmers can get top10 with it :)I have a friend who plays NA/EU, regulary placed top25 on EU every time he could play enough games (coincidence ranger main too), I was curious what if they are super talented pros where bronze players ezpz oneshot "le best players in the game" and what I'v got ? (As you can guess, I asked him twice, he was top32 at the moment I asked)
YpqMUtT.jpg

@praqtos.9035 said:

Condi thief is definitely a couple tiers above power mesmer right now. But DE is a perfect example since similar to power mesmer maybe four people played it at a plat2 level or higher on EU and NA but that doesn't stop the play style from being fundamentally noxious.You mean the fact that DE can do oneshot level damage as power mesmer? Ignoring that DE is better than mesmer literally at everything but instead we have a rant about core mesmer BECAUSE two best NA mesmers can get top10 with it :)I have a friend who plays NA/EU, regulary placed top25 on EU every time he could play enough games (coincidence ranger main too), I was curious what if they are super talented pros where bronze players ezpz oneshot "le best players in the game" and what I'v got ? (As you can guess, I asked him twice, he was top32 at the moment I asked)
YpqMUtT.jpg

I think i know who that is. Does his name starts with an A? :joy: