Herald's Shining Aspects

Virdo.1540

My "dream" would be for the trait to actually change the functionality of Elemental Blast to become a sort of "mirror/inverse" of its current form: instead becoming a ranged AoE pulsing heal/condi management skill.

Shining Aspects:Using a consume skill heals you. Elemental Blast becomes Purifying Breath.

Purifying BreathConsume Facet of Elements to cover the target area in magical dragon breath (same description, whaddya know, still fits).Healing: XPulse 1: HealPulse 2: Heal and remove one conditionPulse 3: Heal and convert one condition to a boonNumber of Targets: 5Pulses: 3Interval: 1sRadius: 240
Range: 600

This gives Glint access to a reliable allied support skill that is independent from weapon skills and beyond the regeneration boon. There is of course the worry of overtuning meta specs like Power Herald in both sPvP and WvW, but Elemental Blast is a source of very respectable damage, providing cleave, area control, and some utilty via the weakness and chill application, and is also a powerful skill for condi Heralds. If this was chosen, it would increase the Revenant's sustain, but temper its damage potential while channeling Glint. In theory at least, I consider this to be a healthy change, providing a tradeoff with clear sacrifice and benefit. Note that this would still provide less personal condi cleanse than Hardening Persistence, but slightly more allied condition management and significantly more healing. As a big support Revenant fan, I have always found it unfortunate that Glint's consume skills lean much more towards offense. There is definite utility there, but the only real "supportive" thing is the superspeed from Chaotic Release. While the boons are of course supportive and the regeneration potent, I still think it would be a significant step forward for the spec to receive an active supportive skill.

With a rework to shield making it a better group based defensive weapon this could be good; I feel like it would open the door for "Tank" herald which I always thought would of been its intended role. Paired with a Jalis rework to make both function well for tanking we could see the day that Revenants would be a beneficial force to that side of the game. (Shield kinda sucks at the moment, and I feel herald itself is good but it needs more for group play because being a boon-slave sucks.)

Herald is already a 5 man healing supporter wich can heal as well 10 targets..

But more support and no selfish skills like shield 5 can have a rework.Herald passive healing is really nice imo for 5 and 10 players.

Imo the trait is fine, since we have a 2k heal every 3 sec while providing 1k regen per sec.

But imo the trait is weak not by Bering selfish but because if it’s effect, it is redundant.

I would make it a output regen boost while affected ally health is under 50% health.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Herald is already a 5 man healing supporter wich can heal as well 10 targets..

But more support and no selfish skills like shield 5 can have a rework.Herald passive healing is really nice imo for 5 and 10 players.

Imo the trait is fine, since we have a 2k heal every 3 sec while providing 1k regen per sec.

But imo the trait is weak not by Bering selfish but because if it’s effect, it is redundant.

I would make it a output regen boost while affected ally health is under 50% health.

I rather move away from the passive nature of Herald's original design, especially as they move away from boons in the future.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Herald is already a 5 man healing supporter wich can heal as well 10 targets..

I rather move away from the passive nature of Herald's original design, especially as they move away from boons in the future.

Yeah buts it’s herald so u can’t exit out of herald theme ._. Maybe they could make it based on active gameplay?

Herald would become amazingly with the set of rune that boost regen on its 6th effect.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My "dream" would be for the trait to actually change the functionality of Elemental Blast to become a sort of "mirror/inverse" of its current form: instead becoming a ranged AoE pulsing heal/condi management skill.

Shining Aspects:Using a consume skill heals you. Elemental Blast becomes Purifying Breath.

Purifying Breath
Consume Facet of Elements to cover the target area in magical dragon breath (same description, whaddya know, still fits).
Healing: XPulse 1: HealPulse 2: Heal and remove one conditionPulse 3: Heal and convert one condition to a boonNumber of Targets: 5Pulses: 3Interval: 1sRadius: 240

This gives Glint access to a reliable allied support skill that is independent from weapon skills and beyond the regeneration boon. There is of course the worry of overtuning meta specs like Power Herald in both sPvP and WvW, but Elemental Blast is a source of very respectable damage, providing cleave, area control, and some utilty via the weakness and chill application, and is also a powerful skill for condi Heralds. If this was chosen, it would increase the Revenant's sustain, but temper its damage potential while channeling Glint. In theory at least, I consider this to be a healthy change, providing a tradeoff with clear sacrifice and benefit. Note that this would still provide less personal condi cleanse than Hardening Persistence, but slightly more allied condition management and significantly more healing. As a big support Revenant fan, I have always found it unfortunate that Glint's consume skills lean much more towards offense. There is definite utility there, but the only real "supportive" thing is the superspeed from Chaotic Release. While the boons are of course supportive and the regeneration potent, I still think it would be a significant step forward for the spec to receive an
active
supportive skill.

We definitely need more traits that change the way skills work rather than just be number changes. This would be a good change, and if Power builds using this trait would be a problem, then you just make it's base heal really weak but have it scale incredibly well with healing power. So the heal would be good for support builds but only add a little bit of sustain to more damage oriented builds.

@warherox.7943 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My "dream" would be for the trait to actually change the functionality of Elemental Blast to become a sort of "mirror/inverse" of its current form: instead becoming a ranged AoE pulsing heal/condi management skill.

Shining Aspects:
Using a consume skill heals you. Elemental Blast becomes Purifying Breath.

Purifying Breath
Consume Facet of Elements to cover the target area in magical dragon breath (same description, whaddya know, still fits).
Healing: XPulse 1: HealPulse 2: Heal and remove one conditionPulse 3: Heal and convert one condition to a boonNumber of Targets: 5Pulses: 3Interval: 1sRadius: 240

This gives Glint access to a reliable allied support skill that is independent from weapon skills and beyond the regeneration boon. There is of course the worry of overtuning meta specs like Power Herald in both sPvP and WvW, but Elemental Blast is a source of very respectable damage, providing cleave, area control, and some utilty via the weakness and chill application, and is also a powerful skill for condi Heralds. If this was chosen, it would increase the Revenant's sustain, but temper its damage potential while channeling Glint. In theory at least, I consider this to be a healthy change, providing a tradeoff with clear sacrifice and benefit. Note that this would still provide less personal condi cleanse than Hardening Persistence, but slightly more allied condition management and significantly more healing. As a big support Revenant fan, I have always found it unfortunate that Glint's consume skills lean much more towards offense. There is definite utility there, but the only real "supportive" thing is the superspeed from Chaotic Release. While the boons are of course supportive and the regeneration potent, I still think it would be a significant step forward for the spec to receive an
active
supportive skill.

We definitely need more traits that change the way skills work rather than just be number changes. This would be a good change, and if Power builds using this trait would be a problem, then you just make it's base heal really weak but have it scale incredibly well with healing power. So the heal would be good for support builds but only add a little bit of sustain to more damage oriented builds.

well thats like ventari has always been. No heal-power = 0 healing

@Virdo.1540 said:

Shining Aspects:
Using a consume skill heals you. Elemental Blast becomes Purifying Breath.

Purifying Breath

active
supportive skill.

well thats like ventari has always been. No heal-power = 0 healing

while on Berserker FB I can heal a quite nice in fractals :) +1 from me too