Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

INOY.6945

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Rognik.2579 said:This is only half-true. They could tap a player to hire as a translator. But vetting someone as a translator is a difficult thing, and not something to be done lightly.

Of course that's an option and when things start to happen, errors, bugs, and worse .. it is ANET that get left with egg face and have to sort it out.. not worth the risk from that point of view imo… better to hire/employ a pro and ANET take full control and responsibility, but can they, should they, will they.. only ANET know the answer.

Yeah, for that reason moderation tends to be handled by paid employees.

There is always content that won't be actioned because it makes no sense, even if it's written in English by someone who's very, very inebriated. ANet doesn't have to do moderation in real-time so they're quite capable of dealing with reports on Cyrillic content via translation (which I imagine they already do for reports on Korean, Tagalog etc.).

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Rognik.2579 said:This is only half-true. They could tap a player to hire as a translator. But vetting someone as a translator is a difficult thing, and not something to be done lightly.

Of course that's an option and when things start to happen, errors, bugs, and worse .. it is ANET that get left with egg face and have to sort it out.. not worth the risk from that point of view imo… better to hire/employ a pro and ANET take full control and responsibility, but can they, should they, will they.. only ANET know the answer.

There is always content that won't be actioned because it makes no sense, even if it's written in English by someone who's very, very inebriated. ANet doesn't have to do moderation in real-time so they're quite capable of dealing with reports on Cyrillic content via translation (which I imagine they already do for reports on Korean, Tagalog etc.).

It's not just moderation .. just utilising player modding or unvetted persons to perform the translational serves etc comes with its own risks, so I wouldn't think ANET would even consider outside services from within the player community.

For me its ok to.have it. If you add it to the chat only i dont see any problems. 40k is a lot. Outside of Dota and cs russians are very friendly, so you dont have to be scared of "cyka" spam :lol:

Let ticket system be without ru language and you dont have to hire new ppls. Jusr add it to the chat

@yoni.7015 said:

@"EyeQ.9724" said:

But what about ru-community? They don't have it at all :(

They didn’t have it for the last seven years and it was not a problem.

It was a real problem, and a serious one. If you do not want to see the Cyrillic alphabet in the general chat, this is easily solved - just add a filter to the chat "show only Latin alphabet", as suggested above - voila, you will not have any problems:)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

It's not just moderation .. just utilising player modding or unvetted persons to perform the translational serves etc comes with its own risks, so I wouldn't think ANET would even consider outside services from within the player community.

I wonder why so many people assume that support for Unicode or just Cyrillic ought to involve moderation, technical support, and so on...Google, Apple, Microsoft, and other big companies support hundreds of languages. However, technical support is provided only in a couple of dozens or so languages. Google does not really have support (FAQ only, available in a very limited selection of languages) for free customers.

ArenaNet does not have to provide moderation, conflict resolution, and such. They can provide their services 'as is' and just mention it in their TOS. It is a common practice to limit support.

I really wanted to go through this storyline, all the tests and close all the "hearts" in each location. But I understood almost nothing in the English text. I wanted to ask other players what to do in the quest and what kind of objects they are, but it is impossible to communicate in a chat using transcriptions. This is extremely, extremely sad. Enter the Cyrillic! Please!

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

I wonder why so many people assume that support for Unicode or just Cyrillic ought to involve moderation, technical support, and so on...Google, Apple, Microsoft, and other big companies support hundreds of languages. However, technical support is provided only in a couple of dozens or so languages. Google does not really have support (FAQ only, available in a very limited selection of languages) for free customers.

ArenaNet does not have to provide moderation, conflict resolution, and such. They can provide their services 'as is' and just mention it in their TOS. It is a common practice to limit support.

Because at the end of the day when issues arise whether intended or by accident it is ANET that have to carry the can, which is something they would likely want to avoid. Aside from that there will always be a need for them to justify any time/cost they put into this.If there is anything we have learned this last few years, it is that ANET are looking every which way they can to open revenue streams within the game to profit from. Add to the more recent issues with layoffs, it kinda spells out a need to run a tight ship and not put efforts in to anything which does not offer a viable return for them as much as it might be good for a portion of the player base.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Because at the end of the day when issues arise whether intended or by accident it is ANET that have to carry the can, which is something they would likely want to avoid. Aside from that there will always be a need for them to justify any time/cost they put into this.If there is anything we have learned this last few years, it is that ANET are looking every which way they can to open revenue streams within the game to profit from. Add to the more recent issues with layoffs, it kinda spells out a need to run a tight ship and not put efforts in to anything which does not offer a viable return for them as much as it might be good for a portion of the player base.

Unicode support in chats (we are not talking about additional language localisations here) would most likely increase revenue for ArenaNet since more people would be willing to play a game where they can communicate normally.

Please note that the majority of people living outside of English-speaking countries understand that support for their language in chats does not come with full-language support. This is not something unusual, it's a normal practice for them. There are very few video game and software companies offering support in multiple languages.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

Unicode support in chats (we are not talking about additional language localisations here) would most likely increase revenue for ArenaNet since more people would be willing to play a game where they can communicate normally.

Please note that the majority of people living outside of English-speaking countries understand that support for their language in chats does not come with full-language support. This is not something unusual, it's a normal practice for them. There are very few video game and software companies offering support in multiple languages.

I agree and I have no issue with them implementing it, but if things go wrong.. especially if utilising outside resource to help implement or just support it then its invariably ANET that carry the can for it as it is their product at the end of the day.Can it be done.. absolutelyShould it be done.. yes, I don't understand why it wasn't there right out of the boxWill it be done 7 years later … perhaps, if it is deemed financially viable and justifies the time/cost to do it and then support it after.Where does in fall in terms of the studio's priorities.. well that's a big question in its own right I guess.

ArenaNet. Please add the Cyrillic alphabet to the guild chat! This is all that We (the Russian community) ask for! To translate only a store for the purchase of supplements and gems - it looks like selfishness and discrimination (Just ... add ... the Cyrillic alphabet .... If you do not see the benefit in this, it is very disappointing for you. So it will not be profitable for us to play this if your feet wipe us like that.I apologize for the English, I do not know it perfectly, so that they can communicate with other people in the game!I am from Russia and I'm sorry that I ask so little to add the Cyrillic alphabet ...(Google Translite)

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

Anet do have to provide those services as they have said many times previously themselves. Adding unmoderated chat vs existing moderated chat would be a move they would never make.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Anet do have to provide those services as they have said many times previously themselves. Adding unmoderated chat vs existing moderated chat would be a move they would never make.

They already cannot moderate chat... No support for a specific writing system =/= everybody uses English/German/French/Spanish.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

They already cannot moderate chat... No support for a specific writing system =/= everybody uses English/German/French/Spanish.

And they got people who can read all those languages already.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ol Nik.2518 said:They already cannot moderate chat... No support for a specific writing system =/= everybody uses English/German/French/Spanish.

And they got people who can read all those languages already.

They don't have people who can read all the other languages that use Latin characters, so they'd just use the same procedure as the other unsupported languages.

I support the author, I want Anet to listen to Russian players, I do not speak English well and therefore I would like to speak Russian in groups with Russian players, because I don’t understand the languages ​​of other countries and this causes confusion. Anet enter please Cyrilice

Anet, please, if you decide to add Cyrillic alphabet to the game, keep it out of map+say chat, lfg and especially character names. And add some kind of block to Latin-only letters filter (similar to Only English one). There are many people who wouldn’t like to see alien symbols in this game.