Upcoming Balance Notes - 10/1/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

@Virdo.1540 said:tbh i hoped it actually would be a buff for the herald.... with the screwed up Hammer 2 in pve too (Its damage remains split between game modes.*) and the fcked up Gaze of darkness its a complete disaster. Please undo everything and give us our old bad stuff back...

Anet revert changes hahahahahaha phew that was a good one right there.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:tbh i hoped it actually would be a buff for the herald.... with the screwed up Hammer 2 in pve too (Its damage remains split between game modes.*) and the fcked up Gaze of darkness its a complete disaster. Please undo everything and give us our old bad stuff back...

no need play the moron here ^^

@Virdo.1540 said:

Oh yes how dare I poke fun regarding a video game. My apologies if I offended u :) although I feel there is an need to speak the truth even if it is in a humorous way.Unfortunately with regards to your prior post requesting a revert of the most recent harold changes I regrettably inform you that that is a practice that anet seems to avoid at all cost if past behavior were to be considered.Is that better for ya :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Oh yes how dare I poke fun regarding a video game. My apologies if I offended u :) although I feel there is an need to speak the truth even if it is in a humorous way.Unfortunately with regards to your prior post requesting a revert of the most recent harold changes I regrettably inform you that that is a practice that anet seems to avoid at all cost if past behavior were to be considered.Is that better for ya :)

well it wouldnt be the first time anet actually would take a look into the forum^^

@Virdo.1540 said:

well it wouldnt be the first time anet actually would take a look into the forum^^

True although if I were a betting man I'd say the cards arnt in ur favor

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

True although if I were a betting man I'd say the cards arnt in ur favor

well my herald and i have nothing to lose anymore^^

@noiwk.2760 said:rip Scourge and Necro.. time to make another class. really awful design and change to gameplay

for what ic decent groups are still decent with those, they just had to play and cordinate better.

Alacrity is almost unnoticeable.. with that white to invisible effect... >_> since i was used to the purple effect.

Hammer 2 rev animation is bugged.

Gaze of darkness not aplying conditions from the feedback of some players.

Ventari rev tablet heal needs to get bigger to 400 from 280. xD

Why are you again for the third time in the past five months nerfing the ranger class? it's not even in the top ten meta builds. it's not accepted in high level fractals, primary attack skill minus 11% damage? are you people nuts? or do you just HATE a longbow or not understand what a longbow is built for or how it works or what it's used for in siege warfare? your hitting glass builds and all setup like it for -400 damage to peak primary attack. you need to +400 damage to it. glass builds don't even have 16k hp all you have to do is start hitting them and they melt.

You or player's complaining about ranger with longbow are facing matched parties with food and boons to match is my guess. and that's not common. Bottom line is i'm not standing for more nerf's to ranger longbow class. look up my account and the money i have spent into this game. That's stopping as of now. your choice to weaken this setup for no factual reason is just dumb.

I also have an issue with the fact that 25% of mobs 2 hit a Berserker's built ranger and three hit others. you need to give all classes a 5k hp increase or a 50% decrease to npc mobs damage out put, or you can change the name of the game to DIE 20 TIMES A DAY. if a glass canon is built it should out damage all and be weak to all. not gimping the damage and still crap hp below 16k.

@Rokynn.8671 said:Why are you again for the third time in the past five months nerfing the ranger class? it's not even in the top ten meta builds. it's not accepted in high level fractals, primary attack skill minus 11% damage? are you people nuts? or do you just HATE a longbow or not understand what a longbow is built for or how it works or what it's used for in siege warfare? your hitting glass builds and all setup like it for -400 damage to peak primary attack. you need to +400 damage to it. glass builds don't even have 16k hp all you have to do is start hitting them and they melt.

You or player's complaining about ranger with longbow are facing matched parties with food and boons to match is my guess. and that's not common. Bottom line is i'm not standing for more nerf's to ranger longbow class. look up my account and the money i have spent into this game. That's stopping as of now. your choice to weaken this setup for no factual reason is just dumb.

I also have an issue with the fact that 25% of mobs 2 hit a Berserker's built ranger and three hit others. you need to give all classes a 5k hp increase or a 50% decrease to npc mobs damage out put, or you can change the name of the game to DIE 20 TIMES A DAY. if a glass canon is built it should out damage all and be weak to all. not gimping the damage and still kitten hp below 16k.

I think the issue might be more that you seem to be trying to bring a longbow ranger into high level fractals. And I hate to be that guy, but the last paragraph is a learn to play issue.

@Rokynn.8671 said:Why are you again for the third time in the past five months nerfing the ranger class? it's not even in the top ten meta builds. it's not accepted in high level fractals, primary attack skill minus 11% damage? are you people nuts? or do you just HATE a longbow or not understand what a longbow is built for or how it works or what it's used for in siege warfare? your hitting glass builds and all setup like it for -400 damage to peak primary attack. you need to +400 damage to it. glass builds don't even have 16k hp all you have to do is start hitting them and they melt.

I also have an issue with the fact that 25% of mobs 2 hit a Berserker's built ranger and three hit others. you need to give all classes a 5k hp increase or a 50% decrease to npc mobs damage out put, or you can change the name of the game to DIE 20 TIMES A DAY. if a glass canon is built it should out damage all and be weak to all. not gimping the damage and still kitten hp below 16k.

Rangers lb dps is so far from bad lol it's got crazy dps for its range. Ranger also has great melee options as well as insane sustain. Ranger literally trivializes pve and is great in wvw roaming and in conquest so I donno how ur playing it?

You ruined Scourge. The last time a game reworked a class this poorly I left the game. That was when LOTRO reworked the Captain class, I left 1 month after and never went back. I've played GW1 and GW2 since launce. I have 5 character slots filled with different versions of scourges(prebuild templates) each geared with Legendary or Ascended gear. What a waste of my money what a waste of my time. Its one thing to tweak an elite, its another when you change it so it doesn't even work the way it was first released. I use to buy 4000 gems a month(my way of supporting what I thought was a great studio) No more gems. You need to give the scourge more survivability from range attacks… if I don't have the ability to pressure a range class then it doesn't matter if I can pop scourge skills on me. Rangers can lock you down forever and melt you in seconds with no way to pressure them. Mesmer's have their clone armies that are impossible to survive if you cant pressure them and survive. Thief's melt you with DPS and then disappear with not way to range pressure them. You drastically change how scourges work and nerf range damage as well. I'm so annoyed I'm not sure I will be her in a month. If you are so bored that you need to rework a elite like this, please just spend your time working on new elites.

@Nexxus.5347 said:You ruined Scourge. The last time a game reworked a class this poorly I left the game. That was when LOTRO reworked the Captain class, I left 1 month after and never went back. I've played GW1 and GW2 since launce. I have 5 character slots filled with different versions of scourges(prebuild templates) each geared with Legendary or Ascended gear. What a waste of my money what a waste of my time. Its one thing to tweak an elite, its another when you change it so it doesn't even work the way it was first released. I use to buy 4000 gems a month(my way of supporting what I thought was a great studio) No more gems. You need to give the scourge more survivability from range attacks… if I don't have the ability to pressure a range class then it doesn't matter if I can pop scourge skills on me. Rangers can lock you down forever and melt you in seconds with no way to pressure them. Mesmer's have their clone armies that are impossible to survive if you cant pressure them and survive. Thief's melt you with DPS and then disappear with not way to range pressure them. You drastically change how scourges work and nerf range damage as well. I'm so annoyed I'm not sure I will be her in a month. If you are so bored that you need to rework a elite like this, please just spend your time working on new elites.Cries crocodile tears in scrapper

I've recently fought a few scourges after this change, and let me tell you, they're so bad they still gave me quite a run for my money, and caused me to really think before rushing in on them and they actually.....oh wait, they're not bad at all? they're still good? they still deal a healthy amount of damage despite the trade off with shades and how they function? ....what's that? ...smart gameplay and careful planning based on your positioning and the enemy's will always triumph over PERCEIVED nerfs....? well who would have thought.... 4Head

@Ghos.1326 said:I've recently fought a few scourges after this change, and let me tell you, they're so bad they still gave me quite a run for my money, and caused me to really think before rushing in on them and they actually.....oh wait, they're not bad at all? they're still good? they still deal a healthy amount of damage despite the trade off with shades and how they function? ....what's that? ...smart gameplay and careful planning based on your positioning and the enemy's will always triumph over PERCEIVED nerfs....? well who would have thought.... 4Head

Yeah I still see a scourge in pretty much every match and sometimes 2 and they still very strong.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:I've recently fought a few scourges after this change, and let me tell you, they're so bad they still gave me quite a run for my money, and caused me to really think before rushing in on them and they actually.....oh wait, they're not bad at all? they're still good? they still deal a healthy amount of damage despite the trade off with shades and how they function? ....what's that? ...smart gameplay and careful planning based on your positioning and the enemy's will always triumph over PERCEIVED nerfs....? well who would have thought.... 4Head

Yeah I still see a scourge in pretty much every match and sometimes 2 and they still very strong.

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...That’s the issue scourge players want local and range at same time, they now can even bomb 10 targets...

Good scourge players will adapt faster.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...Most AoE classes don't have to wait for 15 sec to change from range to close.Most AoE classes are not completely defenseless in melee range once they've cast their AoE skills.

Sure, as long as the opponents don't catch on and don't focus the necro, it's not harder to survive than before.

@Fenella.2634 said:

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...Most AoE classes don't have to wait for 15 sec to change from range to close.Most AoE classes are not completely defenseless in melee range once they've cast their AoE skills.

Sure, as long as the opponents don't catch on and don't focus the necro, it's not harder to survive than before.

scourge doesn't have to wait that long to protect themselves either. They can just WSAD into their shades and gain their defensive things. Anyone who is stupid will follow them into their shade and try to full on assault them. Trust me, not much has changed in terms of gameplay, it's just now they actually have a chance to be counterpressured for using their shades poorly now.

@Fenella.2634 said:

I had no idea all scourges weapon skills and utilities were unusable when shade is deployed. If thsts the case pls fix lol