Warrior's Cunning is Broken

Barnesy.5839

The patch has just arrived, and I tested warrior's Cunning. Warrior's Cunning applies the full +50% damage bonus to a target's health bar even if they only have a tiny amount of barrier.

Anet, I'm not sure how you managed to allow such a broken mechanic into this patch. RIP scrappers and anyone else unfortunate enough to recieve a small amount of barrier.

Please fix this by applying the +50% damage bonus only to the barrier. For example: If a target has 150 barrier, it will require damage 100 damage to destroy the barrier (100 * 1.5 = 150) and then any excess damage does not recieve the bonus +50% damage.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:OP prob hasn't logged in yet to test and is just upset about the change due to a warrior stealing his birthday or somthing so wants to do what he can to make sure his barrier spamming isn't threatened lok

I don't play builds with barrier. This won't directly effect me.

Having a single trait which makes an entire elite specialization useless (scapper) is poor game design. Any warrior who sees a scrapper on the opposing team during pre-game will simply choose this trait. Thus scrappers are now completely unviable in competative PVP. I would prefer gw2 to have more build diversity, not less.

@Barnesy.5839 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:OP prob hasn't logged in yet to test and is just upset about the change due to a warrior stealing his birthday or somthing so wants to do what he can to make sure his barrier spamming isn't threatened lok

Having a single trait which makes an entire elite specialization useless (scapper) is poor game design. Any warrior who sees a scrapper on the opposing team during pre-game will simply choose this trait. Thus scrapper are now completely unviable in competative PVP. I would prefer gw2 to have
more
build diversity, not less.

Yeah we'll just see how useless those classes become. Much exaggeration going on I think but we will just have to wait and see :)

@Barnesy.5839 said:

Having a single trait which makes an entire elite specialization useless (scapper) is poor game design. Any warrior who sees a scrapper on the opposing team during pre-game will simply choose this trait. Thus scrappers are now completely unviable in competative PVP. I would prefer gw2 to have
more
build diversity, not less.

losing 50% damage from other line, so u can do 50% damage to barrier is not very smart to me.

@Lighter.5631 said:and? what broken build you are running it with? tell me the build, i need to know. because im dumb and can't think of any at the moment. appreciated.

Strength line has the most synergy if you don't mind giving up spellborker. I think it's a very complimentary line but I wouldn't run it over strength or defense.

ppl scared of warriors using that traitline have never played warrior.damage oriented warrior have almost no synergy with tactic, or rather have traitlines with way better synergies.

one of you who are oh so scared of that trait, PLEASE post a warrior build with warriors cunning.i will tell you why its bad and why there are better options.only some meme warriors will use that, get 1/10 ppl down and make a montage out of it. and 9/10 ppl will laugh at them for being so useless

@Barnesy.5839 said:The patch has just arrived, and I tested warrior's Cunning. Warrior's Cunning applies the full +50% damage bonus to a target's health bar even if they only have a tiny amount of barrier.

Anet, I'm not sure how you managed to allow such a broken mechanic into this patch. RIP scrappers and anyone else unfortunate enough to recieve a small amount of barrier.

Please fix this by applying the +50% damage bonus only to the barrier. For example: If a target has 150 barrier, it will require damage 100 damage to destroy the barrier (100 * 1.5 = 150) and then any excess damage does not recieve the bonus +50% damage.

What would warrior give up for the trait?

Meta warrios all run Strength-Discipline , now you either use Defense or Spellbreaker to have that well rounded spec we're all familiar with...what would warriors give up for Tactics and Warrior's cunning?

Either way the resulting build would be an easy pick for everybody else...I doubt you'll see many wars running this in PvP outside specific matches where they're supported or in wvw as frontline burst.

In the end the trait is in a traitline aimed for support...I wouldn't worry that much

@Arheundel.6451 said:What would warrior give up for the trait?

Meta warrios all run Strength-Discipline , now you either use Defense or Spellbreaker to have that well rounded spec we're all familiar with...what would warriors give up for Tactics and Warrior's cunning?

Either way the resulting build would be an easy pick for everybody else...I doubt you'll see many wars running this in PvP outside specific matches where they're supported or in wvw as frontline burst.

In the end the trait is in a traitline aimed for support...I wouldn't worry that much

Yeah, warriors running Tactics won't be the new meta. Dropping either Discipline or Strength or Spb is a no-go. You just give up way too much consistent damage even if you picked up that +50% vs barrier trait. It's too situational even if really good against 1 or 2 classes.

Honestly the only thing I can imagine a Warrior dropping is Strength in the Core build, and even so it's unlikely to pick up Warrior's Cunning as picking Tactics would shift the focus of the build away from sidenoding and more into a teamfight DPS/offensive support in which Empower Allies is more valuable. Dunno if this would even work, haven't tested it.

The trait is intended to be high health breaker. Totally a nice idea. But it's executed poorly. Barriers scale dynamically while the trait applies straight modifier. having 100 barrier, same armor but suddenly got 50% damage more first shot. I mean, that's obviously unbalanced.

I think they should keep verything as is except that the barrier damage part only applies to barriers and bump it to 75%.