Spellbreaker Magebane Tether Needs Some Tweaks

Enduronex.4865

Needs to be converted into a line-of-sight mechanic (instead of going through walls and terrain and bunch of other nonsense)

Magebane tether's duration shouldn't be so long (reduce to 2 seconds, please so that Elixir S can actually counter it). And no, "just dodge" isn't an excuse, and neither is stability (gets stolen by Spellbreakers).

The tether persists even when the spellbreaker is downed and even when they are DEAD! That's busted.

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:just make any teleport break the tether and keep the rest as it is

so you can actually disengage with certain abilities as a counter play

Or u could just avoid being hit by the burst skill in any number of ways. I'd call that tons of counterplay. If u could use tele or movement skills to get away that would defeat the purpose and if u already can it should be changed so u cant.

@"memausz.7264" said:Needs to be converted into a line-of-sight mechanic (instead of going through walls and terrain and bunch of other nonsense)BEFORE that, every single Teleport skill needs to become line of sight AND "path available" skill, aka no more teleporting on ledges that can't normally walked on or off in a straight line.

THEN we can talk about nerfing the class that is eternally forced to be melee without any being able to use those broken movement skills to actually get into melee range.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:just make any teleport break the tether and keep the rest as it is

Or u could just avoid being hit by the burst skill in any number of ways. I'd call that tons of counterplay. If u could use tele or movement skills to get away that would defeat the purpose and if u already can it should be changed so u cant.

only teleports should break tether, not all movement skills!

avoiding the burst skill might not be possible for all classes. I'd say an equally skilled warrior should definitely find a way to hit you with one at some point. so that should not be a reason for the lack of counterplay to tether

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

avoiding the burst skill might not be possible for all classes. I'd say an equally skilled warrior should definitely find a way to hit you with one at some point. so that should not be a reason for the lack of counterplay to tether

At some point you should expect your opponent to actually land a hit of some sort. Pardon if I have interpreted this incorrectly, but you SHOULD have to deal with your opponent's class mechanics and how well they mesh (or don't mesh) with your own. It...seems like you're expecting to go the entire time without taking a hit from FC? Which is a bit unreasonable, I think.

On my necro, I definitely expect to get hit with it at some point, so I save a cooldown for it. That's not unbalanced.

There is counterplay. You can leave, proc the tether and break the CC (or kite and ensure it's broken in a way that the warr can't follow up on), or not break it and you've...saved a stunbreak or something, but the warr gets might. It is totally feasible to reserve a skill, dodge, etc for FC as well.

Really, I still have beef with rampage, but that's about it. Now, rampage COMBINED with FC could be an issue, because they gain a massive chunk of health, dmg reduction, stab, might (and thus health and end), but that's still more a rampage problem, not a tether/FC problem.

@Curennos.9307 said:

At some point you should expect your opponent to actually land a hit of some sort. Pardon if I have interpreted this incorrectly, but you SHOULD have to deal with your opponent's class mechanics and how well they mesh (or don't mesh) with your own. It...seems like you're expecting to go the entire time without taking a hit from FC? Which is a bit unreasonable, I think.

On my necro, I definitely expect to get hit with it at some point, so I save a cooldown for it. That's not unbalanced.

There is counterplay. You can leave, proc the tether and break the CC (or kite and ensure it's broken in a way that the warr can't follow up on), or not break it and you've...saved a stunbreak or something, but the warr gets might. It is totally feasible to reserve a skill, dodge, etc for FC as well.

Really, I still have beef with rampage, but that's about it. Now, rampage COMBINED with FC could be an issue, because they gain a massive chunk of health, dmg reduction, stab, might (and thus health and end), but that's still more a rampage problem, not a tether/FC problem.

Yes, but the fact that it's not LOS and that it continues even after spellbreaker is downed make it broken. That needs to be fixed.

@memausz.7264 said:

Yes, but the fact that it's not LOS and that it continues even after spellbreaker is downed make it broken. That needs to be fixed.

It probably shouldn't continue even after the spellbreaker is downed, but then again might -> endurance and the relatively measly bit of health benefit rounds down to zero. I am all for it, but they could 'fix' this and I don't imagine anything would change.

It doesn't need to break on LoS because you can just find LoS, go far enough to break the tether, and boom you're free of it. You can still teleport behind los, break it, then come back. Warr isn't really fast enough to follow teleports. On theo ther hand, making it break on any LoS would be horrendous in places where there's massive amounts of easy LoS (remember what they did to coli? You're practically assaulted by LoS options - just look at those pillars in mid. You wouldn't even really have to worry about FC anymore cuz you could just duck behind one of those and bam - way too easy). At most, they could shave a bit off the range. And to be quite honest I never really understood why there was a 10% extra dmg to tethered target taped onto the trait, you're already getting full or near full might, so that is also a feasible option.

But c'mon. There's counterplay, and then there's being able to so easily avoid a mechanic it might as well not exist.

@praqtos.9035 said:or better entirely delete it and call it a day, its alrdy overloaded as heck with low cd

And delete all escape tools from classes, especially Thief and Mesmer along with them.Both classes are overloaded with escaping melee range.

Warrior NEEDS powerful tools to keep enemies in range, since it's non-melee weapons are unviable.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:or better entirely delete it and call it a day, its alrdy overloaded as heck with low cd

And delete all escape tools from classes, especially Thief and Mesmer along with them.Both classes are overloaded with escaping melee range.Escaping melee...range ? Big thonk.Lets pretend I understood you : gib both classes decent stab access, passive sustain, high armor, more hp to the thief and we might have a deal :)Warrior NEEDS powerful tools to keep enemies in range, since it's non-melee weapons are unviable.Core or berserker doesnt have magebane tether, according to you magebane might as well NEEDS to be baseline,because WARRIOR NEEDS it !Wait, you misunderstood me and cut the first part of my post o_O

@Fueki.4753 said:

And delete all escape tools from classes, especially Thief and Mesmer along with them.Both classes are overloaded with escaping melee range.

Warrior NEEDS powerful tools to keep enemies in range, since it's non-melee weapons are unviable.

I agree with the utility aspect, but does it have to be overloaded with might, reveal, pull, unblockable, damage increase, for a duration of 8s on 12s cd? I mean, might generation have been removed from some classes for way less than that.

Edit: also classes with teleports don't have high vit/toughness to begin with.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

I agree with the utility aspect, but does it have to be overloaded with might, reveal, pull, unblockable, damage increase, for a duration of 8s on 12s cd? I mean, might generation have been removed from some classes for way less than that.

Edit: also classes with teleports don't have high vit/toughness to begin with.This dude thought I want to delete the magebane tether itself, but I meant might... he cut first part of my post. And thats what I meant, its overloadedmight, reveal, pull, unblockable, damage increase, for a duration of 8s on 12s cdIts cooldown starts when you proc tether, so next tether is avail in 4s (assuming its expired without breaking of course)

Magebane Tether should have just been a skill with a 3/4s cast time or something. It's way more interesting than what are basically just the "Shouts" that show up in the Spellbreaker utility bar anyway. Then again, making arbitrary passive triggers so game-defining is a hallmark of GW2 combat, and also why it's a huge joke.