Couple questions about Equipment Templates

So I had a couple thoughts about equipment templates...

Let's say I have an equipment template that has reserved my focus. What do I do if I want to quickly swap to focus (but not change build)? Do I have to build yet another ascended focus to have as a spare in my inventory? (That would really suck if I have legendaries I wanna quick-swap with but also use in equipment templates.)

Let's say I've maxed out my equipment templates and I want to experiment with builds using weapons that are locked in the equipment templates? Am I going to have to mess up all of my existing equipment templates to get the weapon out to experiment with?

ive understood what u have said.

basicaly, by equiping anything new it will "update" your equipment template.

If you had sword/shield on your template, but you wanted to equip focus that is already reserved to the other template, you will automaticaly update your current sword/shield template to sword/focus template. You will end up having 2 templates with same set of weapons

@Magolith.9412 said:Hmm.. so if I want to experiment with a new build that uses reserved weapons and I don't have a free equipment slot, I'll just have to mess up an existing template?

I dont really get it what are you asking, I thought ive explained that you can use same item on multiple templates without messing your templates, you will be able to experiment as much as you want.

@vyncius.6105 said:I dont really get it what are you asking, I thought ive explained that you can use same item on multiple templates without messing your templates, you will be able to experiment as much as you want.

What I mean is, if all my equipment template slots are taken by my actual build setups, how can I mess with stats or other weapons without screwing up my existing templates?

@Magolith.9412 said:

@vyncius.6105 said:I dont really get it what are you asking, I thought ive explained that you can use same item on multiple templates without messing your templates, you will be able to experiment as much as you want.

What I mean is, if all my equipment template slots are taken by my actual build setups, how can I mess with stats or other weapons without screwing up my existing templates?

You can't. you have to remove them from the template or sacrifice one template, by changing it.

@Magolith.9412 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:>You can't. you have to remove them from the template or sacrifice one template, by changing it.

I hope not. With only 6 available equipment slots, that's gonna be annoying.

well, you're not going to have more thsn 6 for the time being...do there's no hoping about it.

Whichever template you're currently using, can be changed just as it is now... so you're using warhorn atm, but want focus, than choose focus... want to go back, you'll have to choose warhorn.

@Taygus.4571 said:well, you're not going to have more thsn 6 for the time being...do there's no hoping about it.

shrug. There's still a month. And I was referring to build experimentation when I said it's gonna be annoying. I'll easily use up 6 equipment templates for various builds and I'm gonna have to fuck one of them up if I wanna try out different combinations. It's a pretty shitty limitation imo.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I hope that If I buy all tabs, I will be able to use addon for templates because this is just sooooo bad.....Not only I have to pay, not only are there only 6 slots maximum but all templates are updated everytime I make a change.......

You misunderstand. The active template is saved on that character when you change it. The saved templates are separate data banks.

@Magolith.9412 said:

@"vyncius.6105" said:I dont really get it what are you asking, I thought ive explained that you can use same item on multiple templates without messing your templates, you will be able to experiment as much as you want.

The same way you mess with weapons and stats without screwing your current one equipment template, i.e., you can't.

Maybe the issue is calling it a "template"? It's not something you can save and share like build templates, it's just an equipment set, kind of like weapon swapping, except it works better with sharing equipment between sets. You have one right now, you will get a second one free, and you can buy 4 more on a character by character basis.

@Linken.6345 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I hope that If I buy all tabs, I will be able to use addon for templates because this is just sooooo bad.....Not only I have to pay, not only are there only 6 slots maximum but all templates are updated everytime I make a change.......

From my understanding only your active template will update not all of them.

Yes but I would be more happy if i could save a checkpoint to return to

@Linken.6345 said:

From my understanding only your active template will update not all of them.Active template, and any ther template that had that same piece of gear you've changed linked (except for others just the link get removes, it doesn;t get replaced with anything)

• 1 year later...

Question. If the weapon is on 2 templates. Can I make them different look on each template? Assuming it is the same weapon, and I only got 1 weapon.
If yes, what happens when I remove from template. It will take commute look of which template?

Edited by medivh.4725

11 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Question. If the weapon is on 2 templates. Can I make them different look on each template? Assuming it is the same weapon, and I only got 1 weapon.
If yes, what happens when I remove from template. It will take commute look of which template?

You can only do this with legendary weapons (and armour). Any other type of weapon can only have 1 skin at a time and will look the same on all equipment templates.

• Like 1