New sword changes and skirmishing?

Joshewwah.2956

Skirmishing has no place in any ranger build. Beastmastery, Survival, Nature Magic even Marksmanship offer more.On BoonBeast, you already have those boons that the traitline provides through Survival skills, which are necessary for condi clear.On GS/LB Soulbeast, you need BM to do dmg and for lower pet CD and QoL in general. The other traitline is either MM for oneshots or Survival for more staying power and condi clear again.Core ranger is the only one who could use Skirm if torch, traps and/or shortbow get reworked anytime soon.Right now Skirm it is the worst traitline as its uses are very niche and the only things it provides are boons( vigor, fury and swiftness which are all covered). Situational Grandmaster trait doesn't warrant use of the whole traitline.

Taking time to rework/buff skirmishing would take valuable dev resources away from under-performing and under-represented professions - like warrior, holosmith, mirage, and rev

Its easier to make all the other ranger aspects worse each patch so that the entire profession has the same consistent baseline of quality.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:The problems with skirmishing in PvP are beyond the sword trait, but if it was to ever be good again, it would have to be with a Sw/D set.

Yeah i always thought that the sword trait should affect the dagger too.In addition to that I wished there would be more evade synergy in the line.So one of the three lines focusses on weaponswaps, one on evasion and one on crits/hybrid damage.

Would make it more versatile and better to utilize.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:The problems with skirmishing in PvP are beyond the sword trait, but if it was to ever be good again, it would have to be with a Sw/D set.

Yeah i always thought that the sword trait should affect the dagger too.In addition to that I wished there would be more evade synergy in the line.So one of the three lines focusses on weaponswaps, one on evasion and one on crits/hybrid damage.

Would make it more versatile and better to utilize.

To be fair, there is already a line in skirmishing for evading, it’s the middle line, you get Primal Reflexes, Striders defense, and Light on Your Feet.

If you trait all of them if you constantly evade you maintain perma vigor, 60% quickness uptime and 10% more damage and longer condis. Which all things considered is pretty good.

The other lines are hybrid/condi damage (if you include QuickDraw in that one) and then crits.

Personally I think skirmishing main issue is the offensive traits are a bit lackluster, and the minors are almost always negligible since swiftness and fury is something rangers have an overwhelming access to and thus are largely irrelevant boons for ya.