Coalescence of Ruin targeting bugged after patch

Observations from WvW raid last evening on my Hammer Rev:

• CoR does indeed fire off in the direction your character faces rather that at the highlighted target.
  • Bugs out on even the slightest terrain change.
  • "Seems" much slower to track?

Overall the skill seemed more clunky than we're used to leading to a disappointing experience. I'll pop on another toon until this gets fixed.

Hopefully this can get sorted soon.

If your target is behind you or to your side, the skill doesn't properly fire off, and ends up being in a 3 second reuse cooldown. That's really annoying, and a complete different behaviour to what we're used to.I'd really appreciate if ArenaNet would fix this rather soon, as it kinda blocks me (and probably other revs as well) from proper WvW.

Can confirm Coalescence of Ruin is bugged after the update- at least in WvW.

1) The skill is ignoring targets now. The casting sequence will only perform in the direction that you are facing, regardless of target. This is a big problem in WvW since not only is the enemy team/zerg almost always moving, but your ally team/zerg is almost always moving as well.

2) CoR isn't only ignoring targets after the update, but also terrain and obstacles. The casting sequence disappears if the terrain isn't a flat plane. It can also cast through walls and doors- damaging anything on the other side.

Yeah, I had to sideline my Rev from my WvW rotation... and, boy, is she MAD!!! :rage:

Anet, I'm telling you, if this persists much longer, I'm not sure I can keep her from breaking all of my shit in my guild hall. :neutral:She keeps slamming her HAMMER to the ground and COR goes the WRONG way and.... poof... there goes some more valuables! :-1:

There's only really 2 options here that I can see:

1. ANet decides to balance CoR because it's too powerful and unfair, but in doing so they make it slow, not always visible, not always hitting, doesn't track targets, and goes through walls. Players use it less, because it's blood-boilingly infuriating to use. ANet accomplishes their balancing goal because less and less players use it anymore, decides that the situation is "good enough", so they leave the bugs unfixed and refuse to acknowledge it's a mistake, because they accomplished their goal.

2. They don't know what broke it, and don't have the resources or interest in fixing it, or even rolling back the changes until a fix has been developed.

So either they're insecure and refuse to admit that they made a mistake because the mistake plays into their benefit, or they are flat out inept or disinterested that they made a weapon skill useless.

Either one doesn't really spell good for the company.

@"Nelg.3795" said:There's only really 2 options here that I can see:

1. ANet decides to balance CoR because it's too powerful and unfair, but in doing so they make it slow, not always visible, not always hitting, doesn't track targets, and goes through walls. Players use it less, because it's blood-boilingly infuriating to use. ANet accomplishes their balancing goal because less and less players use it anymore, decides that the situation is "good enough", so they leave the bugs unfixed and refuse to acknowledge it's a mistake, because they accomplished their goal.

2. They don't know what broke it, and don't have the resources or interest in fixing it, or even rolling back the changes until a fix has been developed.

So either they're insecure and refuse to admit that they made a mistake because the mistake plays into their benefit, or they are flat out inept or disinterested that they made a weapon skill useless.

Either one doesn't really spell good for the company.

I think they mentioned on a stream that it is a pathing issue that needs to be fixed