QOL: Give us an option to see all allies on the map visible regardless of in group or not

Knighthonor.4061

this is one change that will do more to help the population more than without.

Many times people join WvW, ask if there are any groups going on, and some Squads will ignore and give the impression that there arent many people online, so those players will leave and go back to PvE or something else.

I personally hate that. Just give us an option if we want, to see all allies on the map regardless of if we are grouped or not.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:this is one change that will do more to help the population more than without.

Many times people join WvW, ask if there are any groups going on, and some Squads will ignore and give the impression that there arent many people online, so those players will leave and go back to PvE or something else.

I personally hate that. Just give us an option if we want, to see all allies on the map regardless of if we are grouped or not.

Respectfully, I disagree. The good part, in my opinion, is if people are "asking" where what is. Then this encourages more communication... Which again, I think is good.

Honestly though... I really rather not be seen by any spys or allies unless I want to be. The only way I would consider this change at all... Is if I, as an ally/player, had the option to allow myself to be seen on the map firstly. If an ally is let's say... Set to "discoverable". Then they are choosing to allow themselves to be seen. However, if they are "undiscoverable" instead... Well, then they cannot be viewed by random allies "on the map". Also, make players set to "undiscoverable" by default till they make that choice.

If they are in a party or something, then they can still be seen within that party or whatever; to those respective members. All this would basically just give the option to not let random allies view other random allies. All done in the options menu; for WvW at least. That sounds much more fair and reasonable to me. Personally though, I don't care ether way, but if the option did exist... Then I would definitely like to have the option to even allow randoms to see me/others so easily in the first place.

Lastly, something else to consider... Not saying this should be done, but... Possibly Have a rule that states: "A player must be discoverable themselves firstly, to view other discoverable players. So if a player is "undiscoverable" then they can't view those who are instead... Discoverable. To perhaps encourage players to play with other players whom are also actually wanting to be discovered. Also, to serve as a potential reminder; to serve that general playing preference of being "discoverable"; if that particular player is seeking discoverable players themselves respectfully. Sounds more fair this way to me :)