To be able to play on a single character should be the main feature of Build templates system

Lux.1308

People use different builds on some of the classes for different game modesand that number often is more than 6 different builds people use.

Maximum 24 slots for Build storage and only 6 slots for Build and Equipment templates is not what most players expected to see.Build storage is not essential for players to use because loading builds from Build storage when 6 Build templates aren't enough would be a chore.

Build system should empower players to use legendary equipmenton the same character without the need to transfer the gear between different characters of the same class.Because it was stated that using legendary gear between different charactersbecause they didn't want players to accidentally break equipment templates on one character by removing a piece of equipment on another.

Also it looks like that only Build storage is unlocked account-widewhile Build and Equipment templates we will have to buy on each character separately.

If we will be able to have maximum only 6 Build and Equipment templates on releaseMany players will be forced to play some classes on 2 different characters and will have paid for upgrading templates on both.

And if in the nearby future with a possible UI update more will be addedwe will have to buy Build and Equipment templates on every main character of each class.

Can we get definite and final answers to these questions on the final build system soon?

@Sylum.1806 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:This is AltWars 2, if you are playing on a single character you are doing it wrong...

Maybe they meant not having to create more than 1 character per profession?

Yes. My chrono for raids right now uses 30+ gear templates. If I want to play the same I need to create 4 aditional mesmers, craft the same gear 4 more times, buy 20 gear templates (i would be ok with buying 20 on one character and not 4 on 5 diferent mesmers) and I still cannot swap as quickly since i need to swap between characters.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:This is AltWars 2, if you are playing on a single character you are doing it wrong...

Yes. My chrono for raids right now uses 30+ gear templates. If I want to play the same I need to create 4 aditional mesmers, craft the same gear 4 more times, buy 20 gear templates (i would be ok with buying 20 on one character and not 4 on 5 diferent mesmers) and I still cannot swap as quickly since i need to swap between characters.

Under the new system, using Notepad you have this ability.I know the truth doesn't make a good argument for free stuff.But it is the truth.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Under the new system, using Notepad you have this ability.I know the truth doesn't make a good argument for free stuff.But it is the truth.

I believe what you are saying re: Notepad is true for traits/skills only. OP will still have to pay through the nose for gear template slots.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

There are no chatcodes for gear, only traits and skills

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Unironically it's probably best to shrink that 30+ down to a smaller set of suboptimal builds that are good for all encountersIn many scenarios you might be able to just load a close-enough template and then switch the one trait that needs fixing

@Cronos.6532 said:

Unironically it's probably best to shrink that 30+ down to a smaller set of suboptimal builds that are good for all encountersIn many scenarios you might be able to just load a close-enough template and then switch the one trait that needs fixing

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of build templates?

@zealex.9410 said:

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of build templates?

Exactly, why have templates when you need to switch by hand anyway