Why we don't have emote for kiss or hug?

Ezzi.3670

@Endless Soul.5178 said:And what if I don't want my character to be /hugged or /kissed by creeper types?

I'd say one of two solutions:

1. You both have to enter the emote targeted at one another (Like how 'Cheer @' returns '[Player] cheered for [Target]').
  2. A confirmation box that you have to confirm or deny, and an option in the game options menu that lets you set who can send you cooperative emote requests (Everyone, Friends, Guild, Friends and Guild, No one, etc...).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:And what if I don't want my character to be /hugged or /kissed by creeper types?

I'd say one of two solutions:
  1. You both have to enter the emote targeted at one another (Like how 'Cheer @' returns '[Player] cheered for [Target]').
  2. A confirmation box that you have to confirm or deny, and an option in the game options menu that lets you set who can send you cooperative emote requests (Everyone, Friends, Guild, Friends and Guild, No one, etc...).

1. might work but 2. could be easily abused to grief or harass.Last thing anyone wants is constant popup boxes because a group keep spamming emotes at them.

Personally though I am all for more emotes but not emotes like this, not without heavy restrictions like only being able to perform them with your spouse after you character is married or something which is a whole other thing entirely.

I play both male and female characters and i'm not interested in any of them having to deal with wierdos trying to emote hug or kiss them.In reality I don't like touching people I don't know under any circumstances and I do get the occasional hugger type try and hug me at conventions which always annoys me.Personal boundries are something I value.. at least if someone comes upto me in game and starts making pervy comments I can retort and make fun of them.If someone comes upto me in game and spam hugs/kisses my character I can't exactly stab them in the face to make them go away xDI'd rather not have emotes like that in the game unless I have some kind of way to defend myself against unwanted emote harassment lol

From an asuran perspective /blowkiss@ and the @'d asura should respond with /cower.If we are talking emotes, I would like /surprised on asura to poop a bauble "shit a brick reference" for when I'm about to be ran over by WvW zerg.also no need for /slap, you can go to wvw and throw seige on your friends dead bodies, or enable seige placement "not building it" in pve for seiging people.

@Teratus.2859 said:-snip-

I'm glad someone finally took the time to read my comment. Thankyou.

How about a mixture of 1 and 2 then? That is; you and the co-operator both have to have each other targeted, and type '[co-op emote type] @', and there is a setting added in the general settings that controls who can do co-op emotes with you (Everyone, No one, Guild, Friends, Guild and Friends, etc...)

If a player targets you with a co-op emote and they aren't in your permissions it returns "[target] isn't accepting [emote type] right now."

@avey.4201 said:Jump next too? WHAT? Well, better tell them to not look down, cause asurans will jump anywhere w/wo anyone, it's the native hello. =)

Yeah, I can't help but feel that that is rather irrational to feel harassed just by someone jumping next to you. Like you said it's generally accepted as a form of friendly 'Hello' in this game, and I've never felt like anyone jumping in front of me has been doing so with malicious intent, heck I often join in as a way of being friendly back to them.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

I'm glad someone finally took the time to read my comment. Thankyou.

How about a mixture of 1 and 2 then? That is; you and the co-operator both have to have each other targeted, and type '[co-op emote type] @', and there is a setting added in the general settings that controls who can do co-op emotes with you (Everyone, No one, Guild, Friends, Guild and Friends, etc...)

If a player targets you with a co-op emote and they aren't in your permissions it returns "[target] isn't accepting [emote type] right now."I get it, really I do, but I think that this is a lot of effort to put something in the game that would really target a very small niche of the player base.

@kharmin.7683 said:I get it, really I do, but I think that this is a lot of effort to put something in the game that would really target a very small niche of the player base.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree totally that I can't realistically see this being implemented in-game any time soon specifically because of the amount of work and headache it would cause the ANET devs whom would have to work on it, and how little payoff there would be in return. I just wanted to clarify that in the unlikely scenario that some ANET devs did commit to implementing this, it would be totally possible to protect vulnerable players and prevent other players from abusing the system for malicious purposes.

@Offair.2563 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:No thanks. This would be one of the last things I want to see in game. If implemented, then people would again start calling for a marriage system with boons or perks which, IMO, wouldn't benefit the game.

Now i want to /hug or /kiss you for some odd reason.

Definitely needs a /hug

Such much in need it will be hard to make one realize it this late in life. But if the dam breaks..

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:No thanks. This would be one of the last things I want to see in game. If implemented, then people would again start calling for a marriage system with boons or perks which, IMO, wouldn't benefit the game.

How did you go from someone asking for an emote, to people wanting a marriage system with boons and perks? The game can use more emotes, so I’m all for it.

I've been around here for a while. I am making a prediction based on observation.

But I have been wrong before. Still, I wouldn't want the proposed suggestion added.

I've been here longer, ignore this guy. More emotes is a good thing!
  1. Assuming gender, how not 2019.
  2. This is no contest. Your opinion isn't worth more because you "have been here longer."
  3. The suggested emotes are nonsense IMO (and I have been here since GW1's release!!!11 :lol: ). It would only make hanging around in cities even more ridiculous than already existing immersion-breakers like mini skirts, high heels, neon infusions and futuristic/sci-fi designed outfits and weapons do. So, no thanks.