WvW without Firebrand and Scourge Meta

Straegen.2938

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:guard will always have a monopoly on stab and necro will always have a monopoly on boon rip cuz class identity and theme.

This is the default and it really should change. There is no reason ANet cannot upend this concept.

agreed. they sorta started to do this with spellbreaker boon rips and rev road stab, but it falls short. group stab is the sorta thing I think that a lot of classes should have a little access to, since its so important. that way each class can supplement to create the whole. boon rip is more exclusive and should remain that way to some degree. a little more here and there since it doesn't make sense to give it to some classes.

Boon corrupts should remain mostly exclusive to Necro, but boon rips should be fair game for any class. Let Mallyx revs turn into boon rip machines; turn Banish Enhancements into another mobile AoE poison field that rips boon at an interval. SOMETHING. So long as Necro remains the best at consistent boon removal, we’ll be stuck dealing with it.

Again with the "please Anet, nerf this, nerf that". How about this for thought: Ask Anet to BRING THE OTHER CLASSES UP! Please, for the love of all that is Holy, Quaggen and Joko, we need the other classes brought up!

When you have the upper class in an economy making way more money than your class does, do you ask for that upper class to be brought down? No, you ask for your class to be brought up. This is what is needed in this game. Not nerfs. Constant nerfs just furthers the imbalance.

@"LadyHawk.5319" said:Again with the "please Anet, nerf this, nerf that". How about this for thought: Ask Anet to BRING THE OTHER CLASSES UP! Please, for the love of all that is Holy, Quaggen and Joko, we need the other classes brought up!Ok, mirages with aegis and barrier on clone does that sound good?

You would still have the core classes gurd even DH are ok stab supports its just FB was a pure power creep of that support. You would see reaper take over for scorges maybe even core necro both of watch are great dps. Scorge was a power creep for dps (all though its a support classes).

People scream "power creep" nerf the Firebrands! Off with their heads! Well, you can't heal thru a one hit. Stab isn't permanent. Aegis isn't permanent. One cc, one hit and it's gone, the next hit and the player is dead. When I hit a 3 player wide, 2 player deep wall of winds, I am rekt. We all are rekt. No amount of aegis or stab will help you in that.

I would love to play more of my condi classes in WvW. Condi ranger, condi rev, condi warrior. But I cannot. Why? Condi classes are not welcomed in WvW. Why? Not because of the FBs. But because the condi's get converted and will then benefit enemy. And if you say, well the FBs cleanse .... no no, not as much as Scrappers did. That was insane. But now the tempests will take up that role, at least the role of cleansing. Scourges will still convert and tempests will spread the love with Heat Sync (filling in for the nerfed chrono). But yes, nerf the firebrand. That will fix things. If you want easy kills, just tell Anet to prevent all support classes in WvW and only allow pure dps classes. Then everyone can just run around (except the theives and mesmers, they will hide :p ) blowing themselves up. ;)

Past few nights the commander I run with has been mixing it up. For example last night we had a 50 man zerg only 2 scourges and 1 FB and we were rolling for at least 2 hours until people had to log. The groups we were facing had equal or greater numbers as well. I am not going to go into what we were doing but it can be done. We need to start thinking outside the box and take some time to theory craft and give it a go. Meta's can get boring. Spice it up a little try something new.

@"LadyHawk.5319" said:People scream "power creep" nerf the Firebrands! Off with their heads! Well, you can't heal thru a one hit. Stab isn't permanent. Aegis isn't permanent. One cc, one hit and it's gone, the next hit and the player is dead. When I hit a 3 player wide, 2 player deep wall of winds, I am rekt. We all are rekt. No amount of aegis or stab will help you in that.

I would love to play more of my condi classes in WvW. Condi ranger, condi rev, condi warrior. But I cannot. Why? Condi classes are not welcomed in WvW. Why? Not because of the FBs. But because the condi's get converted and will then benefit enemy. And if you say, well the FBs cleanse .... no no, not as much as Scrappers did. That was insane. But now the tempests will take up that role, at least the role of cleansing. Scourges will still convert and tempests will spread the love with Heat Sync (filling in for the nerfed chrono). But yes, nerf the firebrand. That will fix things. If you want easy kills, just tell Anet to prevent all support classes in WvW and only allow pure dps classes. Then everyone can just run around (except the theives and mesmers, they will hide :p ) blowing themselves up. ;)

You just aren't using the right condi class =D

@LadyHawk.5319 said:LOL @Risen, I have a lot of respect for you. But I want to use my ranger, my rev. Condi rev can bring so much to the group and the baddies .. but, alas ...

Thank you =D

I think mallyx/jalis Rev could be good depending on how the meta shifts, great damage and group support. If your group can RotGD through the scourge bomb you can probably one push most groups

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@LadyHawk.5319 said:LOL @Risen, I have a lot of respect for you. But I want to use my ranger, my rev. Condi rev can bring so much to the group and the baddies .. but, alas ...

Thank you =D

I think mallyx/jalis Rev could be good depending on how the meta shifts, great damage and group support. If your group can RotGD through the scourge bomb you can probably one push most groups

My group tends to use jalis on pushes, when we don’t have them it’s a big difference.

Mallyx jalis seams a good combination, as mallyx rebadge is, I would use the Renegane condi heal and elite a bit after the rotgd rev cast for its condition damage reducing and the vampiric heals.Personally on my group I play ventari supporting with dome and trying to catch low health players, still Anet needs to increase its radios from 280 to arround 360-400 ;/

Rev players have alooot of combat synergy between them lol so many choices, pity that most classes are just about 1 or 2 builds.