The End; Salt on the Wound Achievement impossible ?

this achievement broke? i hit 10 but achievement does not pop! also it would help to verify your achievement progress to know that i am actually hitting all 10 like 10/10 displayed somewhere. I assume if i see white numbers and the target disappears i'm hitting it. Still not getting credit for this though.

and what's up with having exactly 18 cheevos for WAR ETERNAL mastery? we usually get to pick which ones we do (more possible cheevos then 18). now this is not doable solo or super, super, unbelievably hard. i can't ever get the Corsair boot box to complete the set :(

@BadHealer.3608 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's entirely possible to do it soloPlease tell us how this should be possible. Is there some way to slow down the story so that you can get your 10 spots or so? For me the story is already too soon over and I didn't hit the ten spots.

You have to pick and choose which ones you target. It took me a few tries.

BTW: It seems that your account didn't get the achievement either. Congratulation for getting the achievement solo without getting it.

And how exactly did you see whether I had it or not? Unless you found some way to get into my account, you’re just making a hyperbolic accusation because you disagree with me that it can be done solo.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kelly.7019" said:sux these cheeves are easier to do with more people. story should be solo - doable. group content is for dungs/ fractals /raids. hard to pug story...

Nearly all story achievements are more easily done with more people. And all of them, including this one, are doable solo.

I realize the game is tailored to grouping - working with people. Kind of wish there was some endgame mode to get you "neat loot" for solo questing comparable to group raiding.

p.s. there might be and im overlooking it right now, but ya know...

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Kelly.7019 said:sux these cheeves are easier to do with more people. story should be solo - doable. group content is for dungs/ fractals /raids. hard to pug story...

Nearly all story achievements are more easily done with more people. And all of them, including this one, are doable solo.

I realize the game is tailored to grouping - working with people. Kind of wish there was some endgame mode to get you "neat loot" for solo questing comparable to group raiding.

It's an MMO. It undermines both the "massive" and the "multiplayer" aspects for ANet to spend any energy at all on solo content. And yet, they have setup all of the personal stories (and related achievements) to be solo-possible (if not always solo-friendly).

for anet maybe because they're a small company? this isn't anything unheard of before. It exists in many mmos. > @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Kelly.7019 said:sux these cheeves are easier to do with more people. story should be solo - doable. group content is for dungs/ fractals /raids. hard to pug story...

It's an MMO. It undermines both the "massive" and the "multiplayer" aspects for ANet to spend any energy at all on solo content. And yet, they have setup all of the personal stories (and related achievements) to be solo-possible (if not always solo-friendly).

for anet maybe because they're a small company? this isn't anything unheard of before. It exists in many mmos.

My only issue is this meta has some very specific things you have to do, you don't get to pick and choose which ones to complete like all the other chapters this season before it, or most. There have been other chapters in other seasons that suffer from this same design, and I'd be curious to know if it's the same team that likes to limit what you do for the meta, requiring you do do the story step achievements. When the meta gives you far more achievements to reach the meta than you need to do, I can usually skip the harder story achievements. While I enjoy the actual story, I often times get frustrated with the mechanics of them, and will rarely play any of them multiple times. I wouldn't mind revisiting stories in a spectator mode, but I guess that's what YouTube is for. :3

In my case, I dabble, very lightly, in WvW (mostly because I find some of the dailies quick to do compared to PvE), so I'll eventually get the boots, but this chapter, I'm going to miss out on a few points and completing the meta, sadly (after completing all the metas this season up to this point).

@Kelly.7019 said:for anet maybe because they're a small company? this isn't anything unheard of before. It exists in many mmos. > @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

for anet maybe because they're a small company? this isn't anything unheard of before. It exists in many mmos.

I think it’s more of a movement to appeal to a wider range of players rather than resources. It’s why the majority of things in the game can be done solo although some of that may be challenging from player to player such as the achievement being discussed in this thread.

@"Kelly.7019" said:I realize the game is tailored to grouping - working with people. Kind of wish there was some endgame mode to get you "neat loot" for solo questing comparable to group raiding.

It depends if you call fighting in meta events group or solo content. In most of them, you have little to no control over your team mates and builds/team composition plays a very small role. It's group content, but lacks most aspects of group content, it's very solo friendly.

Just did it solo, took 3 tries.Killed 4 at first "shooting" phase and 6 at the final one.As someone said above, choose to hit a mark that's not so close to Aurene.I skipped the closest and shot the next every time, it worked perfectly.

• 3 months later...

This achievement is a NIGHTMARE solo....

They really should make required achievements soloable :-\

And targeting the weakpoints is horrible. None of the targeting hotkeys work on him, and trying to manually click within that tiny window of time is just ridiculous

I've tried it for the eleventh time. Still not able to do it. Even with a player boosting me. I'm not a reptile. And the fact that each wound isn't breaking after 3 shots is annoying, I don't have thunderbolts reflexes and I struggle with targeting. Even targeted skills. Have to click then reclick where I want to shoot even when it's set on automatic in my case, now imagine a very fast flight near a dragon where I need to reclick in every beige target to turn them red before clicking skill 1 to shoot. I miss half of targets. What is the most annoying is that for dragonfall mastery, that is the only achievements left.

@hugo.4705 said:I've tried it for the eleventh time. Still not able to do it. Even with a player boosting me. I'm not a reptile. And the fact that each wound isn't breaking after 3 shots is annoying, I don't have thunderbolts reflexes and I struggle with targeting. Even targeted skills. Have to click then reclick where I want to shoot even when it's set on automatic in my case, now imagine a very fast flight near a dragon where I need to reclick in every beige target to turn them red before clicking skill 1 to shoot. I miss half of targets. What is the most annoying is that for dragonfall mastery, that is the only achievements left.

go in with a full group?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:This achievement is a NIGHTMARE solo....

They
really
should make required achievements soloable :-\

And targeting the weakpoints is horrible. None of the targeting hotkeys work on him, and trying to manually click within that tiny window of time is just ridiculous

It is soloable.

Thanks for the curt reply... I didn't say it was impossible, I said it's a bloody nightmare

@Linken.6345 said:

@hugo.4705 said:I've tried it for the eleventh time. Still not able to do it. Even with a player boosting me. I'm not a reptile. And the fact that each wound isn't breaking after 3 shots is annoying, I don't have thunderbolts reflexes and I struggle with targeting. Even targeted skills. Have to click then reclick where I want to shoot even when it's set on automatic in my case, now imagine a very fast flight near a dragon where I need to reclick in every beige target to turn them red before clicking skill 1 to shoot. I miss half of targets. What is the most annoying is that for dragonfall mastery, that is the only achievements left.

go in with a full group?

I tried in LFG to find just one person, and after an hour of waiting, I gave up.

I really hate this achievement :s

• Like 1