Ultimate WvW for Everyone

DEMONT.5804

As I am sure those groups that only want to 20v1 a play will not like this, there IS a fix for WvW to bring more people in and keep more people in longer. "WvW Registry" Which is simply where each side has no more than 1 player more than any other side. For example, Red clicks Register to Enter, and as that 1 person enters, another color can register a player to enter to match, and thus so for the next color. It can be done a few different ways, where as when each side has 1 person Registered to play "that map" all 3 will the enter, and so on until the map is full AND Equally Fair for all 3 sides. There wouldn't be anymore 20v1 just because there isn't enough players, there Would however still be 20v1 if a side doesn't coordinate, which would be their fault, not the WvW Content and would have no reason to Troll chat and Content with. I have seen So many days of 20/30/50 v 1/2/5/10 and So many people leave WvW because the numbers are Bad that the Content is almost void, we can bring it back and back with a vengeance. As my 1st post and I couldn't care about the spelling errors, ive been up 40 hours working this out in my head, I am sure some of this could have been worded differently or explained better and I am 100% sure those that Only live on 20v1 will complain about this, it is the ONLY real solution I see to keep longer more playable players in WvW. While I am at it, I would also love to see some WvW content added, such as, killing Enemy color creatures giving WXP, even WvW Boss Metas, such as Mini Jormag or Mini Teq, as examples, the color that gets the Boss kill gets drop chest with extra special loots. Just an Idea.

On the same but Diff note: This is called "Guild Wars" yet there isn't any "guild wars" content. Makes No sense but might suggest a map similar to WvW, would be larger with a possible 5/10/20?? Colors? Each guild has to have a certain number to be able to register against other guilds in the map, such as 10 or 25? Once a guild has a competitor registered, and can be multiple guilds or a set event each week?? The guilds will enter and battle "such as WvW" for a main castle, which the winner will be able to keep for a week as the occupiers. The Castle occupiers have for that week, or any week they are in possession of the castle, a special skill set ( like that in Djinns pvp arena) which is usable in all game content/modes.

I have no clue if I just wasted my time and effort to make a game I like better from what I see, but Hey, one can hope? With a claim of 11 million player base, and with the fact visuals of what a lot of us see in a lot of content, I believe this will help and push some gamer hobbyists to new levels of "want" to do more and more rather than, :This sucks, IM done" "This is broke, not doing it" Ect.

Welp, any feedback or acknowledgement from Arenanet that something of this nature is in the works?? would be massively appreciated. And again, Ive been up 40 some odd hours thinking on this, so spelling error heaven it Is.

I think that would result in more people leaving tbh. It would just be like getting queued out, but at a much lower population. Also if a server wanted to game the system and tank, they could really ruin the game for everyone else. I think it would also have a huge effect on off-hours.

If its based on register (which should by all means be just as fast if not faster than current Que's in game) with a claim of 11mill playing, each side should have an easy 20 within minutes. And the way im thinking the structure like this, no server should be able to Tank. appreciate the feedback, a good argument always helps to see other options.

I think, and only an opinion, the suggested metas? and knowing each side is equal in numbers, would bring more from pve- for those events, such as the suggested guild war event. And its a weekly? event, so wouldnt take the pve'rs from their fav content non stop, plenty time to do both or more.

Possibly the special loots form the metas or the guild community war events, i believe will bring pve'rs into that content a bit more but not to the point they hate it more as some pve'rs i know just do not do that content. Also maybe if anet adds a "did 1 hour wvw, get a temp pve skill for 1 hour or equal time to that u spend in wvw, like maybe an added acct wide 25% dmg reduction in pve? or "dbl" loot drop in pve? just a new thought to a benefit for those non wvw'rs to at least come sometimes.

So basicly, this idea consist of:

No guilds, they cannot exist under these "register" rulesNo organized raidsNo playing with friendsNo serversNo discord communities to organize any of the aboveNo way to compensate skill differences with numbers

Sounds like a smashing hit already.

Actually you are entirly wrong there, as long as they click to register to enter and get a match, they can meet up wit their guildies, friends and ect. And thus ofc would be discord for all those that got in. Not sure you actually read what I wrote. There is no Good reason in any content wiht player v player mode for a need of 20v1 or 20v5. If by chance one side is unorganized or just doesnt care and gets outnumbered as such, thats their fault, but the game mode would be equal and fair, Thats whats important, but you said that as if you are one of those 20v1 or i aint doing it types, and i may be wrong, but thats how it sounds as i would love 20v1 any day of the week, in fact seen it to my benefit more than a few times, but doesnt mean its fair. My "idea" would make the content fair regardless of friends, guilds, discord But still give that a feature as long as those people register for a match to enter and Be with their reg player buddies. Not opposed to that, only the unfairness that should be corrected.

@"DEMONT.5804" said:Actually you are entirly wrong there, as long as they click to register to enter and get a match, they can meet up wit their guildies, friends and ect. And thus ofc would be discord for all those that got in. Not sure you actually read what I wrote.Impossible. The entire idea was dripfeeding people in 1 by 1 for all 3 sides for perfectly balanced numbers.

So what happens when all sides have... say 5v5v5 "balanced" randoms and then a 25 man guild is about to join? Oh thats an easy answer - it literally cannot join WvW. And if you say "well they can join 1 by 1 as the enemies also join"... how do you know enemies will join?

Theres always a price to pay, You in partocular want you and your guild to dominate without a fair fight. That makes you unfair and a disadvantage to wvw. As much as i "like that idea" it Isnt fair by any means. Let them drip in 1 by 1, as of thsi comment, 70 ppl have read this forum, thats 20 a side easy, so ""you and your friends" would have already been in together,,,,,, correction, 100 ppl have this already and thats Not bad numbers for all 3 sides, 25/25/25, fair and simple where no one can Troll wvw and cause people to not want to go be apart of that content. Also- consider the other suggestion about "Guilds vs Guilds" where you would have that feature for your entire guild to go at 1 time against another guild or 2 . That balances out the need to hit a random content - wvw- where anyone cna que in and just go for the guild content.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@DEMONT.5804 said:with a claim of 11mill playing

That's 11 million sold in 7 years.. not actual 11mil active accounts playing these days... I'd be surprised if there were even 1mil active accounts, and with the other claim of 30-40% play wvw, that would put wvw players at 3-400k, which even that would look like an overestimation these days.

I don't think anet has ever talked about numbers, however you are correct about numbers sold, which has nothing to do with player count. A number of people have done some good estimates on player base, that is active players, not just accounts that have logged in. From a WvW stand point people who log in every so often or only log in to do daily etc mean nothing. The numbers most came up with (back in 2017) was about 1 million users, but keep in mind that is all of GW2, so you have to consider US/EU server populations together, yet they don't play together, nor do they all play the same time zones etc. And since 2017, WvW population has gone down quite a bit. I would guess WvW has less than 100k active player accounts. Which sounds like a lot still, until you think about how many servers there are in both US/EU and a 24 hour clock where most people probably only play for 1-2 hours a day. Or about 80 unique players every hour per server, which thinking about it sounds pretty high compared to what I see in game outside of prime time, so that number might be lower.

Needless to say, the idea would never work. People in off hours would have an even harder time, as the number of players is so low then, you could end up waiting hours before seeing a new player get on that map, and don't forget....You STILL could not get in, because this is a 3 way system, so you have to wait even longer for a 3rd person from the 3rd server to queue up (and hope and pray that second person didn't get tired of waiting). As a roamer, don't even think about map hoping, as you would have to wait all over again. Are you a commander? Well good luck having any tactics where they are busy pushing a paper tower so you swap to their BL to push their T3 keep, nope, none of that!

If you asked me what would make GW2 even more of a nightmare, this would be it.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:So basicly, this idea consist of:

No guilds, they cannot exist under these "register" rulesNo organized raidsNo playing with friendsNo serversNo discord communities to organize any of the aboveNo way to compensate skill differences with numbers

Sounds like a smashing hit already.

Sounds like wvw by late 2019 early 2020

I might have missed it in the OP but, what happens when we have 20x20x20 and 1 or 6 of those people leave? Will the other 2 factions have 1 or 6 players kicked from wvw?I understand your premise, but (as I said I may have missed it, if that is the case, then I apologize) this would appear to be a situation that has not been covered.

Pardon me, I shouldn't have stated sold accounts since there's the free to play component. But yeah back when PoF launched they posted numbers https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-path-to-the-desert-in-numbers/ it was 11 million players in 5 years, so accounts, and of course two years later that would be higher, maybe 13mil these days. Still highly doubt a quarter of those are playing these days, but certainly a lot less are playing wvw.

As for the OP suggestion, this is like the dynamic balance of sides (except they want to do this manually with a signup instead of automatic when they click on the map), it's been discussed many times in the past. The idea cannot work without a minimum ceiling before it kicks in, because there are actual situations where maps have 0 players on one side, do you then just screw over the map with 0/0/0?

What if servers just tell their players not to log on homebl so that locks out the enemy from entering and queue up for the enemy maps, but then if all 3 sides do this, no one will get on the maps except for ebg, people will trickle into the maps after ebg gets filled, but it's really a terrible situation to build trying to lock players out of a map. If you put in a minimum ceiling of say 20 players, every player above 20 needs to be matched on all 3 sides before entering, it can somewhat work, but again trying to keep players off a map is a terrible idea you want to avoid this as much as possible.

This kind of idea has been brought up before. Ultimately it gets rejected because one side can organize and use it to prevent another side from entering. Also it invites players to get toxic at each other over who is allowed onto a map moreso than what we have now with queue system. Anet has already responded in past discussions how this is a no go.

Well there is a pro and con to everything regardless, but- even though this is only a suggested template- i never expect anything to come from them or if they do in any form, so far down the road that most of us would have another time filler anyways. As for the "if one leaves form one side" statement, thats a good question, they would have fillable spots, but no one would get kicked because of that as (every night) at least after reset, most maps get filled in minutes, so the numbers are not the issue, its the toxic 20v2/5 that cause people to not want to go and trying to keep them there or have more come, even if only an hour or two a night/day w/e time. Now as for the server mention, this is Huge as an issue, having diff sides is great, thats a no brainer, but there isnt a need for "diff instances/maps" in the game anyways, that should be removed from at least some content. have 1 instance for wvw active Only, until it gets full, then have another one go active, this 2/3/5 instances at the same time is also one of the larger problems that some fights are 20v1/2 . As i said, just a template suggestion to have ppl consider things and work out better versions, but i never expect any good from them.

You can't do instances when we have a homebl map for every side, that means 3 maps need to always be open because of this, and you can't remove ebg because it's the most popular map, so we're stuck with 4 maps up all the time, which there isn't the population for. That has been the issue in these discussions for years now. This is why we're at the point of having alliance system developed to auto spread the population out better every 2 months and hopefully eventually the spread will be done per time zone as well.