Should we be worried about our home?

Engel.1854

Hello Tyrians,

The monetization of Arenanet, while understandable, has become toxic to the consumers. The prices they are offering for in an exchange of services are not worth it, for most items and or services. They've time and time again added features into the game, which are positive ones, only to turn around and heavily tax that said feature with micro(some near macro)transactions. Gliders, Costumes, Toys, Chairs, Additional dances, Weapon skins, Mount skins, Gathering tools, and now Build Template Slots. All wonderful features of Guild Wars 2, all of them desecrated by the starvation of in-game content to these said features. Everything is monetized and content is suffering for it. This is hardly a game anymore. I'd call it beautiful art, if not for the wasted artists slaving away to just get another ten-dollar weapon skin into the game. It may be hypercritical of me... but I love Guild Wars, It was a safe place for me and a beautiful world I could immerse myself in for half my life span. Now... I feel choked every time I log on. I miss Arena Net, and I miss the true creations they made in the past.

-Engel.1854

I'd like to leave this an open letter not just to the community but also to Arena Net themselves. I wish not to drag their name through the dirt or call them greedy, they are people that are working on a passion they themselves love. I won't chastise them for wanting to make enough money to feed themselves and their families for their profession. I'd just like to see if the topic can be discussed for options, alternatives, anything to see if maybe we of Tyria and Arena Net themselves can make a better path through this dark night.

Are we playing the same game? GW2 has plenty of scripted, voice-acted content being released on a regular basis. We don't need to buy DLC or subscriptions to experience it, we get it for free.

As for the cash shop your list primarily is vanity skins and convenience items. Gliders are a feature, glider skins is not. Mounts is a feature, mount skins is not. You can play perfectly well and never have to spend a single gem. If you make enough gold you can even exchange and get gem store skins without paying a penny.

@Engel.1854 said:Hello Tyrians,

The monetization of Arenanet, while understandable, has become toxic to the consumers. The prices they are offering for in an exchange of services are not worth it, for most items and or services. They've time and time again added features into the game, which are positive ones, only to turn around and heavily tax that said feature with micro(some near macro)transactions. Gliders, Costumes, Toys, Chairs, Additional dances, Weapon skins, Mount skins, Gathering tools, and now Build Template Slots. All wonderful features of Guild Wars 2, all of them desecrated by the starvation of in-game content to these said features. Everything is monetized and content is suffering for it. This is hardly a game anymore. I'd call it beautiful art, if not for the wasted artists slaving away to just get another ten-dollar weapon skin into the game. It may be hypercritical of me... but I love Guild Wars, It was a safe place for me and a beautiful world I could immerse myself in for half my life span. Now... I feel choked every time I log on. I miss Arena Net, and I miss the true creations they made in the past.

-Engel.1854

I'd like to leave this an open letter not just to the community but also to Arena Net themselves. I wish not to drag their name through the dirt or call them greedy, they are people that are working on a passion they themselves love. I won't chastise them for wanting to make enough money to feed themselves and their families for their profession. I'd just like to see if the topic can be discussed for options, alternatives, anything to see if maybe we of Tyria and Arena Net themselves can make a better path through this dark night.

Would you prefer Anet added in a monthly user fee to play so you can get some toys in-game?

Your whole post comes off as you think you’re entitled to get everything free from anet.