Drop of Visage of the Khan-Ur was doubled ¿Is that a joke?

@Jesse.5029 said:

@"Bandido.8719" said:

Do you really need everything to enjoy the game?

Do you enjoy with impossible achievements?

It's not impossible. It's just put of most people's reach. Which is what most achievements SHOULD be.

Aside from that being the worst logic I can think of, if you add something that practically no player will get, at least don't make it something like cultural armor which people have been begging for for years.

Back on release the 120g needed to complete a full set of T3 Cultural Armor was considered insane. This is back in an era where converting gems into gold would get you about 10 gold for 800 ($10) in gems.

This new helm is literally "Helm of the Supreme Leader of the Charr". It SHOULD be really rare.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Bandido.8719" said:

Do you really need everything to enjoy the game?

Do you enjoy with impossible achievements?

It's not impossible. It's just put of most people's reach. Which is what most achievements SHOULD be.

Aside from that being the worst logic I can think of, if you add something that practically no player will get, at least don't make it something like cultural armor which people have been begging for for years.

Back on release the 120g needed to complete a full set of T3 Cultural Armor was considered insane. This is back in an era where converting gems into gold would get you about 10 gold for 800 ($10) in gems.

This new helm is literally "Helm of the Supreme Leader of the Charr". It SHOULD be really rare.

It's not a legendary, its a helm skin for a race that gets hardly any that fit right to begin with. It shouldn't be more expensive than a lege due to design and low drop rates. and RNG feels like crap, unless youre one of the lucky few that get everything you want. I never do. I have terrible luck, so for players like me, it just makes me feel like Anet is screwing me directly. Let me grind or put in actual effort to get my rewards. NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY TO GET THEM.

This kinda feels like another ploy to get people to gems>gold.

Well for me it has the opposite effect. I do the events now to try to get it lucky since it's worth so much. I wouldn't have bothered to grind for it, if it was able to be obtained and account bound. I would have stopped going to this map. Maybe next time there's something I want and I'll have to pay for it if I really like it for my character. I guess for the AP folks it's unfortunate.

@Kahrgan.7401 said:

@"Dami.5046" said:I think idea is to get you to actually you know
play
the game. I could be wrong of course as no one seems to want to play.

RNG has what I call an "interest curve" Its only interesting until you get pissed off about spending your time trying to get something and not getting it in a decent amount of time or at all

Your logic is flawed.

A grind would guarantee people play the game. RNG doesnt encourage me to play the game, in fact i've played less since the only reward I want is locked behind a lottery. I also stopped buying gems because why in the hell would I want to financially support a company that does this?

kitten them.

no sorry it isn't. sometimes you have to work for things.

100% of something nearly zero is still nearly zero. I think the chak egg sac over the years as been worked out to be a 1/10,000 drop rate. Making that 1/5000 metas is still going to mean you will probably never see it. If you did 1 meta a day--which is realistic for TD--it would roughly on average take you 14 years to get it via a drop. You're better off farming the gold for one and just leaving RNG in getting one as a bonus surprise.

@Dami.5046 said:

@Dami.5046 said:I think idea is to get you to actually you know
play

RNG has what I call an "interest curve" Its only interesting until you get pissed off about spending your time trying to get something and not getting it in a decent amount of time or at all

Your logic is flawed.

A grind would guarantee people play the game. RNG doesnt encourage me to play the game, in fact i've played less since the only reward I want is locked behind a lottery. I also stopped buying gems because why in the hell would I want to financially support a company that does this?

kitten them.

It seems like you agree. A way to work towards the goal is just what the poster you quoted was asking for . . .

@Despond.2174 said:100% of something nearly zero is still nearly zero. I think the chak egg sac over the years as been worked out to be a 1/10,000 drop rate. Making that 1/5000 metas is still going to mean you will probably never see it. If you did 1 meta a day--which is realistic for TD--it would roughly on average take you 14 years to get it via a drop. You're better off farming the gold for one and just leaving RNG in getting one as a bonus surprise.

It's ALWAYS better to farm the gold and buy the shiny than rely on rng, so that's not really the point. The point is the rng is so broken you can't actually buy the shiny lol . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

play

Your logic is flawed.

kitten them.

It seems like you agree. A way to work towards the goal is just what the poster you quoted was asking for . . .

@Despond.2174 said:100% of something nearly zero is still nearly zero. I think the chak egg sac over the years as been worked out to be a 1/10,000 drop rate. Making that 1/5000 metas is still going to mean you will probably never see it. If you did 1 meta a day--which is realistic for TD--it would roughly on average take you 14 years to get it via a drop. You're better off farming the gold for one and just leaving RNG in getting one as a bonus surprise.

It's ALWAYS better to farm the gold and buy the shiny than rely on rng, so that's not really the point. The point is the rng is so broken you can't actually buy the shiny lol . .

Where does it say i agree? mmmmmmThey think anet shouldn't have rng, i'm saying RNG is a way to get people to do stuff.Don't see me agreeing.sorry.

@Dami.5046 said:

play

Your logic is flawed.

kitten them.

Would you consider buying one lottery ticket a day working toward buying a car?

@Dami.5046 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

play

Your logic is flawed.

kitten them.

It's ALWAYS better to farm the gold and buy the shiny than rely on rng, so that's not really the point. The point is the rng is so broken you can't actually buy the shiny lol . .

Where does it say i agree? mmmmmmThey think anet shouldn't have rng, i'm saying RNG is a way to get people to do stuff.Don't see me agreeing.sorry.

Then you mistated your position when you said 'sometimes you have to work for things' in response to a player asking for a way to work for something, But that's okay, mistakes happen :)

There are 13 helms atm recorded 3 in the tp and 10 bound in gw2efficiency, this could potentially be the rarest armor piece in the game and will become even rarer when people move on from the map. I think this is supposed to be the exchange for the legendary gold sink, but i don't feel like it works well since the skin is not worth 3 legendary items and it has a chance to drop only from one place in the game once a day. If it was lets say was a precursor for legendary helm, like the pvp/wvw and it was just material sink collection it would have been cool. But right know there is no meaningful way to obtain it just luck, it is not proof of anything, the collection contradicts that and it seems that it should have been easier to get. The only thing i can presume is that item will never drop and it should be considered that it doesn't exist, so i have to accept it and move on(but it still bugs me).

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:Seeing arguements against numbers that range from significant to acceptable statistical sample (since we can only estimate the drop rate), should surprise me.

But somehow it really doesn't. It's expected at this point.

That's exactly the same way I feel about seeing posts in threads from posters who clearly haven't actually read and understood the posts in the thread ;)

If someone really wants a multitude of shots at it they can probably reroll characters through the map complete as there's no hearts nor required combat. You'd need a squad with trees marked for maximum effectiveness.

I still think there's an extra zero or two in the drop rate (as I stated on page 1) : it should have leveled out at a few hundred gold or so at best , especially given you need 3 different armor weights for the collection. Thousands of gold is an order of magnitude larger than what is reasonable ; if less than 1/1000 (0.1%) then that might need a decimal or two shaved off. For something so heavily gated I would say 1% or 1/100 is already low.

@Infusion.7149 said:If someone really wants a multitude of shots at it they can probably reroll characters through the map complete as there's no hearts nor required combat. You'd need a squad with trees marked for maximum effectiveness.

I still think there's an extra zero or two in the drop rate (as I stated on page 1) : it should have leveled out at a few hundred gold or so at best , especially given you need 3 different armor weights for the collection. Thousands of gold is an order of magnitude larger than what is reasonable ; if less than 1/1000 (0.1%) then that might need a decimal or two shaved off. For something so heavily gated I would say 1% or 1/100 is already low.

I've been taking my keyrunner through it each week just bc why not and it is a very easy map to complete. But even if you got really efficient with it and ran toons through it for several hours a day you probably wouldn't be getting enough artifacts to meaningfully increase your chances, based on the limited data we have so far . . .

And yes, the current situation remains ridiculous . . .

The Khan-Ur skins.Yes, it's plural, because it's 3 separate skins even though they all look the same...

In the meantime they doubled the drop rate and guess what, when I checked yesterday you could buy one box (meaning one skin) for around 8000g. I think it has dropped for 3000g already again by now, not sure though. Still it's like 2 to 3 times a legendary...

Now let's just assume for a second all of this is acceptable. Then still why are those skins bound into the Merchandise Collector achievement?It has NOTHING to do with "mechandise"...!?It's not Part of the Metal Legion event. Not in the slightest.

Any achievement, really ANY HARD achievement can be done by hard work within a more or less conceivable amount of time. Envoy Herald, 50/50 HOM, Fractal Goddess, GWAMM, the most time consuming achievements / titles all can be obtained if only you are willing to work hard and consistently on them. But here is this lose mini achievement, making zero sense, being tied to nothing more than a single LS episode and it comes with some absurd RNG and / or a heavy financial investment.

And what for? 5 AP and a T-Shirt skin...

And for those who want to say: But you can buy the T-Shirt skin with chilis! - Well yes, you can. And guess why you can do that.It's like making a straw man argument: Hey you don't need that achievement, you can buy the skin anyway.It's basically just there to distract from the fact that this achievement is a kitty kitten.

So, what could be done: Simply remove the Khan-Ur skins out of that achievement. Thanks.

@"Clyan.1593" said:So, what could be done: Simply remove the Khan-Ur skins out of that achievement. Thanks.

You could reduce all your post to only this last phrase. I agree to remove those skins from the collection, but they should stay with a very low RNG drop chance cus i believe "rarities" like this is what motivates some players (like me) to revisit old maps and do unrewarding metas.

@Hynax.9536 said:

@"Clyan.1593" said:So, what could be done: Simply remove the Khan-Ur skins out of that achievement. Thanks.

You could reduce all your post to only this last phrase. I agree to remove those skins from the collection, but they should stay with a very low RNG drop chance cus i believe "rarities" like this is what motivates some players (like me) to revisit old maps and do unrewarding metas.

Yes i could, but then someone else pops up and wants me to clarify / explain why and so on. So i posted this wall of text to explain why this achivement is baloney.

@Hynax.9536 said:With the ruckus being made about this achievment in the forum the last days anyone wanting you to clarify/explain this request is clearly a troll. But well lets hope that the more we ask, more chance we have to change something. :/

ANet is the real troll here. Those Khan Ur skins clearly do not belong in that achievement category.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The achievement doesn’t need to be adjusted as it’s not required to complete the meta achievement.

So everything outside of meta achievements can be totally wack because that's how you look at it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The Charr helm skins belong in that collection just as much as any of the others.

Did you ever play "odd one out"? I suppose not.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:^Also, I have the T-shirt, and did neither the collection, nor bought it from the vendor. (WvW easy PvE-centric Dailies are your friend.)

You seem not to understand. I don't want the T-Shirt. I want the achievement to be doable without rng luck.

I'm a little torn on the issue because a.) the primary reward (shirt) can be gotten in another way and b.) other collections have been similarly annoying in the past (see Black Lion collections)

For me, it's the RNG in this one that makes the achievement feel bad. You can't just dedicate time and effort toward an eventual goal for this one (even for the BL collections, you can save up gold for the weps), you have to essentially play a lottery and hope you win; there is no feasible alternative to this when the TP price is currently in the thousands. While this sort of high-rarity/high price scenario makes sense for something like a legendary weapon, it's not nearly as forgivable when it's a helm for a species that doesn't have very many cosmetics in the game meant specifically for them.

After the recent gaff with the Legionairre's Chair, this collection just makes it seem like people who play non-Human races should have to work twice as hard to get items meant for their race.

I understand that the company is trying new things, but please do not tell folks that you're going to focus on non-Humans and then immediately RNG lock their racial styles and scale their chairs for Asura and Humans. It is fine to try new things, but it is also fine to say 'whoops, sorry guys' and adjust content you've already released based on consumer feedback.