Improvisation Needs to Be Tuned Up A Bit

Cobrakon.3108

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I do not think it a trash skill per se and in fact there might be scenarios where I would prefer it. Whether this makes it worth taking over the other two remains to be seen. A swipe at around 12 seconds versus mesmer with a chance one of those 3 utilities resets every 12 seconds is not all bad. If I can get a haste or an RFI or shadowstep reset a few times in a given fight it just might be enough to ensure I win the fight.

I thought the same thing, but we both forgetting something -- Improv has a 20s ICD. So even if you reduce the Steal CD to 1s, you won't get a reset. :/

Point taken. It was my impression that improv had the cooldown added to help address things like daggerstorm resetting too early. Given most of the utilities in the 3 slots have natural cooldowns not much higher then this 20 seconds, it my opinion that removing that cooldown is warranted.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@babazhook.6805 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I do not think it a trash skill per se and in fact there might be scenarios where I would prefer it. Whether this makes it worth taking over the other two remains to be seen. A swipe at around 12 seconds versus mesmer with a chance one of those 3 utilities resets every 12 seconds is not all bad. If I can get a haste or an RFI or shadowstep reset a few times in a given fight it just might be enough to ensure I win the fight.

I thought the same thing, but we both forgetting something -- Improv has a 20s ICD. So even if you reduce the Steal CD to 1s, you won't get a reset. :/

Point taken. It was my impression that improv had the cooldown added to help address things like daggerstorm resetting too early. Given most of the utilities in the 3 slots have natural cooldowns not much higher then this 20 seconds, it my opinion that removing that cooldown is warranted.

I believe they should move the icd down to nothing or at least to the same time as steal reduced with trickery gm trait. I never much liked icd's that didnt play well with a traited reduced cool down with steal.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Why in the world would I take Improv?What would be the reason to take it after this change?

Theses are the questions that the Devs needs to ask themselves.

In my opinion, Even the Odds and Improvisation should swap ability effects.

Double plasma, double Fear, double Mace Head Crack and double Blinding Tuft
(for Thief vs. Thief scenario)
coupled with guaranteed Utility recharge is still good enough reason to take it in my opinion.

However it is true, as you suggest, that this change makes
Executioner
more viable for Power Builds than it was, but I'd wager now it's on par with
Improvisation
instead of being directly better.

I tried to make the current iteration of Improv works, but the effect is negligible. Double plasma is nice, but running DE M7 makes it unnecessary. Other stolen items are non-consequential. The random reset still doesn't make sense. We only get to activate it once every 20s due to ICD, so why even bother making it random? It was acceptable on it's initial iteration because it was very good -- 10% damage boost, plus a chance to reset ALL skills of the same category. At it's current depreciated state, the randomness makes zero sense. They should just straight up reset one of the utility skills that is on cooldown.

Seriously, this trait is not a GM trait at all.

Came back after some quick testing matches and ye, you were right.It is horrible.